Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

I haven't seen the game, but...

.....could anyone tell me in all honesty what was better about this match than the Man City at home performance and the Spurs at home performance?  I have no axe to grind, I''m just asking.   Those were our previous best two home performances to date so a comparison would help.

Yes I was there LDC. You are so right as always. Adams has already lost his way as a manager but then he was following a tactical genius with a great personality and natural leadership qualities.

I do hear that once McNally resigns at the end of the season, Delis will be straight on the dog to get Hughton back

Hoorah!!

We started poorly. Terribly - the 1 thing we did not want to do was give Liverpool a Head start. We were always chasing a game so in that respect its hard to compare with Man City/Spurs.

Once we finally got it into the game there seemed to be something that we haven''t had all season. We came out in that 2nd half with a determination to drag ourselves into the game. We forced Liverpool into long balls and were on top for large periods and they will know they have been in a game. I just could not imagine that kind of response from a Hughton team. It certainly has given me more (and I''m sure everyone who was there) belief going into the last 3 games

Oh, so the guy who comes on here at regular intervals & tells everyone to think positive, believe and get behind the team didn''t actually watch it.Well I''ll tell you what was better.Firstly we had Adams on the touchline & not Hughton. That initself made this game better than the 2 you mention.Secondly, we''ve now played 2 games under Adams which were both huge improvements on anything we saw in the previous 33 games this season.

I think the major difference was that Norwich looked like they may have been able to get something despite going 2-0 down. If we had conceded against Spurs or Man City, would we have been able to come back and get something? Would we have even tried?
I said this on another thread and I will repeat it here. When Chris Hughton got his tactics right from the kick off, we had a very good chance of getting something from the game. It was his inability to change those tactics as the game developed that really hindered the team. Adams, based on this game, doesn''t seem to suffer from the same problems as he was more than willing to change his tactics within the first 20 minutes because the game had developed in such a way that necessitated a tactical change. I don''t think Hughton would''ve been capable of the same.

Anyone actually care to make  a comparison based on the perfomance today instead of trying to make personal comments?    Its in the same season, same players, its only the second game I  haven''t seen this season and would like to know. 

[quote user="lake district canary"].....could anyone tell me in all honesty what was better about this match than the Man City at home performance and the Spurs at home performance?  I have no axe to grind, I''m just asking.   Those were our previous best two home performances to date so a comparison would help.

[/quote]I didn''t see the game either, but an obvious factor to take into account would be that Liverpool are a team on a roll and markedly than an extremely variable Spurs, and slightly better than Man City.

I''d say the first thing to take into account LDC is the opposition. This wasn''t an out of form side - this was the form side. It wasn''t like we played them at a good time - it wasn''t like they were poor in the game. We simply matched them.

I guess there''s two main things. One, the fact we got ourselves back into a game after a dreadful start. Can''t remember the last time that happened under Hughton.

Second - we scored two goals and looked capable of scoring more. We''re still lacking confidence and a bit of cutting edge but it was purely the willingness and desire to drive into that box that made the difference. Whenever we picked up the ball we looked to go forwards - the formation also worked well and Adams had players switching position or maybe simply giving them more freedom to roam - either way it gave Liverpool more to think about and cause them problems.

People rarely criticised Hughton when he got tactics/selections/substitutions right, and we have played well under him on occasions. Most of the time we were baffled by all of it. Playing 4 CMs against Hull for example.

This is the first time we''ve looked like getting something after going behind since the Everton match last year....we all agree that team spirit, desire and GOOD organisation will get you through the season (eg Palace, Hull etc). They have to want it.

Under Hughton we were unable to pass, move, defend or attack. At least when we go behind under Adams they look like they''ll fight for him to the end, something we haven''t seen for a while. It did feel like that West Ham game though, when Hooper''s first goal went in, Carrow Road with the players tails up is a fun place to be! We just need to find a way to stay stable at the back long enough to get in front for once!

Watched on Now TV at home. Missed the first 15 minutes, saw we were 2-0 down and thought we were in for the usual pasting. But all credit to the players and the manager we played with attacking intent, showed passion, spirit and fight and I thought we deserved something from the game. The difference was that the team (and NA) actually believed they could get at least a point to the extent that Ruddy was sent up for a corner. Have to say Adams and his team seem on the evidence of this game to have a lot more about them.

The two games we''ve played under Adams are not huge improvements on anything we saw under Hughton because both have been lost. I can clearly remember Hughton winning a couple way back.

Its no points out of six and that''s not really an improvement in my book.

Hughton was sacked because he could no longer lead and motivate his own players.

Adams is leading and motivating Hughton''s players but from a very low ebb in a very short time. Confidence has to be rebuilt.

LDC seems to be a Hughton supporter above anything else, even to the point of despising his successor (as shown in his post on who to replace Adams). Personally, I need to see more of Adams before making a decision as to his longevity but he is here for the last games and I believe isn''t just in it for himself.

As I have said elsewhere I dreaded humiliation in these last games, not just relegation. So far we have avoided the former.

If I had to listen to ''nice Chris'' giving a post match interview again I was going to scream. My car''s SatNav has a very nice voice and doesn''t say anything controversial or vulgar but, like Hughton, it is predictable and monotonous and has the charisma of a traffic bollard. If it screws up it never gives a satisfactory explanation. Sometimes you have to turn it off and think for yourself.

With three games left we have the foundations of hope. Under Hughton we would be simply facing the inexorable.

LDC seems to be a Hughton supporter above anything else, even to the point of despising his successor (as shown in his post on who to replace Adams).

I was suprised by this but I think you may be right.

adams changed the team formation as the game went on

and adapted well

ohh and we had a shed load of chances and play

[quote user="lake district canary"].....could anyone tell me in all honesty what was better about this match than the Man City at home performance and the Spurs at home performance?  I have no axe to grind, I''m just asking.   Those were our previous best two home performances to date so a comparison would help.

[/quote]Norwich scored two goals.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Hughton was sacked because he could no longer lead and motivate his own players.

Adams is leading and motivating Hughton''s players but from a very low ebb in a very short time. Confidence has to be rebuilt.

LDC seems to be a Hughton supporter above anything else, even to the point of despising his successor (as shown in his post on who to replace Adams). Personally, I need to see more of Adams before making a decision as to his longevity but he is here for the last games and I believe isn''t just in it for himself.

As I have said elsewhere I dreaded humiliation in these last games, not just relegation. So far we have avoided the former.

If I had to listen to ''nice Chris'' giving a post match interview again I was going to scream. My car''s SatNav has a very nice voice and doesn''t say anything controversial or vulgar but, like Hughton, it is predictable and monotonous and has the charisma of a traffic bollard. If it screws up it never gives a satisfactory explanation. Sometimes you have to turn it off and think for yourself.

With three games left we have the foundations of hope. Under Hughton we would be simply facing the inexorable.[/quote]

Spot on.

To the OP, I''ve not missed one game this season and I''m delighted to say that despite a narrow defeat against the champions elect we look better than at any time since late 2012.

This was no ''dead rubber'' against a team with nothing to play for, no, we demonstrated a greater degree of confidence and general appetite for the game in nearly eighteen months.

Played off the front foot, had a go, tried to win rather than trying not to lose and failing. I for one, despite what happens between now and the end of the season took a great deal of confidence, it''s just a shame The Board left it so late.

Not what you want to hear I''m sure but for me and thousands like me it was a massive improvement.