Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jenkins

Where are all the posters who said the players were not good enough

Hello, are you there.

This squad is more than good enough to keep us up and always has been

EPL next season for us, no doubt.

So proud to be a Norwich fan.

Conceding sloppy goals and not taking gilt-edged chances? Yeah, sure mate. It was a good performance, but dont get carried away. We had the chances to take a point and we didnt. Thats because the players lack the quality and composure required to compete with the top, top sides. We saw it last week against Fulham, we don''t have the quality to break down a 10 man defence. In fact, its player quality that is the obvious reason we haven''t taken any points from our last 2 games.

I am certainly not one of those people, BUT surely they are just having an opinion? Why the need to call them out? If we go down will we see a subject of "where are all the posters who said the players are good enough"?   

First half, I didn''t think we looked good enough. Two early goals conceded and shocking defending.

Second half we did look good enough, but we had set ourselves a mountain to climb.

Sorry mate. Just calling as I see. Turner made to look stupid on more than one occasion. Redmond making the wrong decision over and over again. RVW cant finish. Poor passing from BJ. Poor effort from Martin. Howson giving the ball away.

Thats quality, not confidence. The confidence was there today. They believed they could do it, but they didnt have the quality. I feel bad for saying it after what was an awesome effort. Im optimistic we can take something from these games if we play like that. But you did ask... ;)

Jenkins wrote the following post at 20/04/2014 3:18 PM:

So do you think I am still deluded Miggins

-------------------------------------------------------

I don''t think i''ve ever called you deluded. I have on the other hand called you a pri(k...i still think that.

Here.

You stay up by getting enough points.

You get points by winning ( or drawing ) games.

You win games by scoring more goals than the other team.

You get goals by putting the ball in the opposition''s net.

Playing well, showing desire, battling hard is fine - but it doesn''t keep you in the premier league.

[quote user="Jenkins"]That''s where your wrong Flecky, what we have lacked is confidence and it is returning.[/quote]This.Confidence breads the mindset that plays without fear or hesitation. The next few games will be interesting indeed to watch. My question is, will we play without fear and hesitation because that''s the new mind set that Adams has instilled, or because we have nothing to lose?I truly believe that Adams will have them playing out of their skins for the next three games and after today''s performance I don''t think Chelsea, Man U, or Arsenal will be looking past us.I think Neil Adams is having one of the toughest job interviews I have every seen and thus far is proving himself to be worthy of taking on the job at hand.

Dubai Mark wrote the following post at 20/04/2014 3:34 PM:

I am certainly not one of those people, BUT surely they are just having an opinion? Why the need to call them out? If we go down will we see a subject of "where are all the posters who said the players are good enough"?

I take your point Mark and you are right.

Have been very frustrated with posters seeking to blame our poor form on the players and not the previous management and style of play, it was just a relief to see them show what they are capable of today.

But your right.

Yup, I''m still here.

It is still a bottom half (possibly bottom six) squad for me, except in one important respect. Our strikers. I cannot be persuaded that they are anything but the worst, & that is why we are where we are.

I strongly suspect Adams is of the same opinion. It is one explanation of why he is playing BJ in preference to Tettey; BJ looks much more like he has a goal in him (pace Alex''s wonder goal), & midfielders coming through looks our best chance of scoring.

Today was definitely Lambertesque in the second half; press, press & press again, & the Devil take the hindmost. Even strikers as good as Liverpool''s don''t convert that many of their breakaway chances, so together with desperate last ditch tackling (some of Turner''s were just like Whitbread''s) you may survive.

We are now at the stage where technical, carefully managed, rational football is out the window ( we never had the players for it, anyway). It''s got to be blood, guts & heroics from here on in, & today the players showed they have it in them to do it. If they can keep it up it''ll be a fantastic finale to the season!

Allez les Jaunes et Vertes!!!

That''s OK Mr. J., I can see your heart is in the right place & these things are always a matter of opinion anyway.

Besides which I am only talking about pure footballing ability, & there''s far more to it than that for me. Today showed their is still enormous character in our side, & that may yet carry us through.

OTBC!!

[quote user="ron obvious"]Yup, I''m still here.

It is still a bottom half (possibly bottom six) squad for me, except in one important respect. Our strikers. I cannot be persuaded that they are anything but the worst, & that is why we are where we are. [/quote]I feel for any striker who has had to play for Hughton''s Norwich. 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"]How many points have we taken since Hughton was sacked?[/quote]I think in the two game after he was sacked, we have taken as many points as in the two games prior to his sacking.  [/quote]Stats, stats, stats etc[Y]

Citizen Journalist Foghorn wrote the following post at 20/04/2014 9:32 PM:

I think in the two game after he was sacked, we have taken as many points as in the two games prior to his sacking.

----------------------------------------

Or we could look at how we''ve done since the sacking:

2 out of 2 lost

Good half of football in each game

Terrible half of football in each game

Points= 0

Lessons learnt from Fulham=0

On a positive note, it is only his second game, yet I think he was tactically very naive today.