Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

At least we are still 17th

There is still blind optimism to hope for and if it goes to the last day, anything could happen. Just to shut them leeds fans up, it would be nice to defy the odds and scrape a place in next seasons pl. Hope suderland and cardiff draw too.

Jenkins - I''m interested in how you think the rest of the season will play out for us to be "ok"?

And I''ll have a large glass of what Jenkins is drinking please.

Perhaps RVW can single-handedly get us those points too.

3 will be enough to finish above both Fulham and Cardiff. Sunderland at the moment is an unknown quantity, if they continue the form with their home games they have left then it may be a case of needing to get above West Brom.

Do you reckon 3 will be enough? I guess I don''t know anymore than you do Jenkins + JF. Its guesswork. Is it right that Cardiff have to play Sunderland? Now thats a big game.

I only think 3 will be enough over Fulham and Cardiff with our better GD but not Sunderland, they have some very winnable games left now and it''s anyone''s guess how that will go. I have no idea who West Brom have left but it may be a case of having to leap frog them now.

Best hopeful guessing, I also think we''ll collect another 4 points. 1 at Man Utd, zero from Chelsea and 3 against Arsenal. Whether that would be enough to stay up I don''t know...

Sunderland have got a couple of good results but that doesn''t mean they are going on a dream run. They are bottom of the league for a reason. There has not been pressure on them being bottom with nothing to lose, now that their fans begin to think they can pull off an amazing escape from relegation the pressure is on again, different situation all together.

I think we will need 6 points to stay up. 38 is usually enough. So...... after today''s performance, and Fulham last week, I think it''s possible. Not definite, no where near in fact, but it is do-able. We have to go to Old Trafford where the atmosphere could be just as poisonous there as it was at Carrow Road for the WBA game, so I expect Adams will be targeting points there.The a trip to Chelsea. They have a Champions League semi-final before then and if they get past Atletico and are totally out of the Championship race by then, may be, just may be we get pick up a point at the Bridge. After all Sunderland got 3 there!Then there is the final game against Arsenal at home. Now everyone is bleating on about Arsenal being safe in 4th by then and worrying about the FA Cup final for us to realistically get anything from that game. I would point to the fact that Arsenal have been notoriously poor when the pressure is cranked up on them over the last few seasons. I see no reason for that to change over night, so Everton breathing down their necks for the final Champions League spot would be preferable in my eyes. After all who wouldn''t like to see us stay up on the last day of the season by preventing one of the ''Big 4'' claiming a spot in ''Europe''s Premier Club Competition" next season?This time yesterday I was resigned to our fate. Today there is that glimmer of hope. Usually that''s what hurts so much, that little glimmer that it could all be OK.It is in our hands still. OTBC!

I agree with everything there Iwan barring the Arsenal comment, I would love them to have nothing to play for with the World Cup also round the corner, I just can''t see there players being up for a battle and risking injury

Man U won''t really want to qualify for the Europa League & they need just one more below par performance to achieve that target & guarantee finishing finish 7th. Chelsea will lose at Liverpool so by the time we play them they will only have the Champions League Final to think about, assuming of course they get past Athletico, which I think they will.Arsenal will win their next 2 games, at home to Newcastle & W Brom, and qualify for the Champions League

so by the time we play them they''ll only have the FA Cup Final to think

about.Therefore I make that 2 away draws & a home win, finishing on 37 points

I think we will get a point at old Trafford, nothing at the bridge and a heroic point against the ars. So 2 points. Probably be 36 for safety but, you never know.

At least we should still be in it on survival Sunday - miracles can happen!

Arsenal need to finish 5th as a prerequisite to Man United or Tottenham qualifying for the Europa League in 6th. So Tottenham beating Fulham yesterday and Arsenal winning today mean the pressure is on Man United when we play them after their loss against Everton.Spurs are 6 points ahead of United, but the latter have a game in hand and need to win to keep their faint hopes of European qualification alive. The ideal is for Arsenal be in finish 4th and have no chance of finishing 3rd or slipping to 5th.Everton keeping pace on Arsenal by beating Man United was probably the second best result we could have hoped for. A draw would have strengthened Arsenal''s hold on 4th and still kept United sufficiently far from 6th place Spurs.Chelsea losing to Sunderland, while bad for our survival hopes, has a silver lining in that they might be less likely to have anything to play for when we play them. A draw away at Liverpool in their next match would be better than a loss in terms of Arsenal not being able to finish in 3rd.Looking a bit further ahead, we have to hope Man City get an away win at Everton in a couple of weeks, as this would make it less likely for Arsenal to finish 3rd or 5th.In summary, from now on we should want Arsenal to win, Everton to lose, Chelsea to draw against Liverpool next Sunday (and probably win away at Cardiff in their last game) and Man City to win henceforth.