Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Make it happen!

The fans were right behind the team today, flabbergasted that anybody could suggest otherwise, felt like we had our club back.

[quote user="Juggy"]The fans were right behind the team today, flabbergasted that anybody could suggest otherwise, felt like we had our club back. [/quote]To be fair we were all a bit shell-shocked and quiet in the 1st half after that opening ten mins but in the 2nd half the place was rocking.

Imagine if the crowd had begun transmitting true support in the first minute though. That didn''t happen until the second half. No wonder the players got hit by two quick goals! The crowd were sensing an onslaught (Neil Adams thought so & referenced this in his post-match comments) - but credit to the players as they pulled a goal back. Then the crowd decided all was not lost and the atmosphere significantly improved.

Just a shame most waited until we were behind before doing much to help.

Pink Floyd: "Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way"...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Imagine if the crowd had begun transmitting true support in the first minute though. That didn''t happen until the second half. No wonder the players got hit by two quick goals! The crowd were sensing an onslaught (Neil Adams thought so & referenced this in his post-match comments) - but credit to the players as they pulled a goal back. Then the crowd decided all was not lost and the atmosphere significantly improved.

Just a shame most waited until we were behind before doing much to help.

Pink Floyd: "Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way"...[/quote]

Good to see at least one person agrees with me how important that kind of support is.  To me its common sense, but a lot of others seem to think it didn''t need saying - especially from a plastic who couldn''t even get to see the game on a dodgy stream today.  But perhaps it did need saying and perhaps some people might take it on board next time.  It has to be unconditional from the kick off.  Perhaps with seeing how well we can play will inspire people to get going from the kick off at the next home game. I hope it isn''t too late by then. 

[quote user="morty"]Did the atmosphere sound good on the stream?[/quote]

Pay attention.  I neither went to the match or saw it or even heard it.  I merely said that the fans  should try and make it happen from the kick off.    I leave it to people who went to to the match to judge whether they did really get going from the kick off, but from what I''ve read this evening it seems as if maybe tension was in the air too much at the start.  Tension transmits itself very easily to those who come in contact with it.  Maybe - just maybe - people can learn something - if they could get past their prejudices and take on board something at face value.

[quote user="morty"]Right.You''re a tit.[/quote]Whatever.  But the fact remains that tension transmits itself to players even before a ball is kicked. Ever walked into a room where you could sense the tension in the air?  It happens.  So the simple premise is not just wanting things so badly that it makes you tense, but to get over that by being positive. Its worked for Palace this season - they have been singing non stop, whatever the situation, however bad it looked through their season.  Its no good just being re-active to things, waiting till we are down in a match before getting behind the players.   Leave the tension behind and make it happen from the kick off. We are going to need that at the next home game.........

Lakey giving a lecture on something he neither saw nor heard about........the man has issues that is for sure.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Lakey giving a lecture on something he neither saw nor heard about........the man has issues that is for sure.[/quote]

Errr....yes, I have issues.  It surrounds the way people view their football club.   Today should have been a great time to get behind the team from the kick off - which is what this thread was about - (quote "from kick off, not waiting for the team to do something good before you react"). Several commentators and fans who were at the match sensed the crowd were tense at the beginning. So maybe, just maybe - given the way the match went - just maybe this thread actually has some credence. 

Take it or leave it.