Sign in to follow this  
In Dubious Battle

Player of the season

Ruddy for the season. Snodgrass for the last 3 or 4 months.

If you want one of them metaphors, then that has to be Van Wolfswinkel.If you want the best player week in week out, that has to be Snodgrass.  Whinges and throws himself about, aye, but never hides, never gives up.

Whilst he should never have stolen that penalty kick, nor should he have abused his own fans, nor should he spend so long whining and sitting on his ass on the turf, it really does have to be Snodgrass. He''s finally shown his ability and his attitude lately has been like a captain (Haddock ;)

If he could cut that other cr@p out then he''d be even better.

If was based on this year I could well consider Snodgrass, who had another good game today, but as it says, it is Player of the Season.

The first half of the season must also be remembered. For that reason I am also going for Olsson.

Snodgrass by a country mile.Even when struggling early in the season he was giving 100% week in week out.Love a player who plays with his heart on his sleeve, yes he was pants for a few months but he didn''t let his head drop or hide, he kept going and things have gone his way a bit more in the last few months.If we had 11 players with his drive and passion we wouldn''t be in this mess, however clueless the manager.

[quote user="Juggy"]Snodgrass by a country mile.Even when struggling early in the season he was giving 100% week in week out.Love a player who plays with his heart on his sleeve, yes he was pants for a few months but he didn''t let his head drop or hide, he kept going and things have gone his way a bit more in the last few months.If we had 11 players with his drive and passion we wouldn''t be in this mess, however clueless the manager. [/quote]

If Snoddy was ''pants for a few months'' surely that eliminates him from any whole-of-season competition?

I thought everyone was saying how rubbish snodgrass was a couple of months ago? I guess fans are fans. Ruddy for me....thats saying something

I would say no player of the season this year. How a player can deliver so many poor crosses and corners all season and even be remotely considered is beyond me. ''Snoddy'' has all week to sort it and he has failed time and time again. Award it to a supporter this season

I struggle to think of a single player who was been excellent for the whole season. You have chosen a player who has been a constant fixture in a terrible defence, who happens to possess a couple of attributes which he could use to thrive in a progressive team but has rendered him pretty pointless under Hughton.Attacking fullbacks with blistering pace and a decent cross should be finishing a season with more than 1 assist. In choosing Olsson you are choosing a player who has obvious talent but has been rendered completely ineffective all season.... 1 assist. Sure he would have thrived under Lambert or a similar progressive attacking manager, but if we are picking a player on the basis of having undoubted but completely unfulfilled talent then I''d choose Leroy Fer.I''ll stick with our most productive attacking player.

[quote user="my2ndteam"]I would say no player of the season this year. How a player can deliver so many poor crosses and corners all season and even be remotely considered is beyond me. ''Snoddy'' has all week to sort it and he has failed time and time again. Award it to a supporter this season[/quote]Snodgrass''s problem is that he''s the only player at the club who can actually head the ball, he unfortunately can''t cross the ball to himself so is at a constant disadvantage from set pieces compared to his team mates.PoTS candidates for me are in following order:SnodgrassOlssonRuddyJohnson

It does feel rather like finding the best of a bad lot, much like when Doc and Croft won.

I guess our most consistent performer has been Snod, as shown by his goal tally if nothing else, then for me it would be Olsson then Ruddy. Hooper may have done better with more of a run, he just seems to be chopped and changed with RvW all the time.

For months now Snoddy has been my obvious contender, but for me, he is now POTS by a country mile, for effort alone he deserves it but I would vote him Player of the Season on performances too. I would be very sorry if we lost him, he shows passion, effort, desire, and never ever hides.

Snodgrass probably sums up the season for me. Too late to the table.Olsson is the only candidate on a list of one for me.Ruddy I am surprised to see getting so many mentions, I don''t think hes had a great season at all and I doubt he''ll be going to Brazil even after seeming to be the obvious reserve keeper for England 9 months ago.

I too go for

Snodgrass (Juggy hits the nail on the head)
Olsson      (mr consistent and playing with a shoulder injury)
Ruddy     ( a class act and a player who deserves his world cup place but I fear he wont get it)
Johnson ( a player who gets a ridiculous amount of stick from some on this board)