Sign in to follow this  
he

Pilkington/Hoolahan

What''s happening with Pilkington and Hoolahan? Two of the most creative players in the squad and not even on the bench for todays game.

Can''t you work it out for yourself?Take your pick from :-Bad attitude.Want awayNot good enough.

I think their good enough when they want to be, but like Morty says...they don''t want to be, well we know that wes doesn''t at least.

Adams said on his first day that he wanted people on the pitch who are up for the fight.....the exclusion of these 2 plus Bassong speaks volumes for what their attitude must be about the place?...........that said Guttirez apperance as a loan player on the bench today was an odd one when Elmander wasn''t. We can all guess re:Pilkington''s situation but the people who are in a position to find out ,i''e the press haven''t even asked the question in their weekly press conferences in recent weeks?....I''d have thought it would have been worth asking??

It is interesting how not selecting Wes was used as a stick to beat Hughton with, yet Adams hasn''t selected him either - without too much (apparent) comment.

Pilks does seem to be on his way out one way or another: if he is indeed injured then surely enough is enough, we can''t afford to carry him, otherwise it seems something else is going on and he is just out of the picture and leaving.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]It is interesting how not selecting Wes was used as a stick to beat Hughton with, yet Adams hasn''t selected him either - without too much (apparent) comment.

Pilks does seem to be on his way out one way or another: if he is indeed injured then surely enough is enough, we can''t afford to carry him, otherwise it seems something else is going on and he is just out of the picture and leaving.[/quote]Pretty much everything was used as a stick to beat Hughton with.

I think, in an ideal world, we''d have been better off having either of those two to call on than Murphy.

But it''s not an ideal world.

[quote user="GJP"]

I think, in an ideal world, we''d have been better off having either of those two to call on than Murphy.

But it''s not an ideal world.

[/quote]Cant agree with that myself- Murphy has the pace that the others don''t and has a better goal scoring instinct too... Pilks on top form is great but not as quick and a bit more hit and miss.Murphy''s unpredictability and youthful enthusiasm makes him more dangerous to the bigger sides IMO.

If ever there was a post that''s calling for Ray''s view, then this is it???

I personally wouldnt have played Wes at all following the transfer debacle, and felt when he did play afterwards he was playing only for himself and not for the team.

As for PIlks, I am presuming its a fitness thing and probably a little bit of mind set too, Adams will of course be very close to all of this, hence we are not seeing these players right now, shame because Pilks is a match winner when fit and up for it.