Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Isn't it ironic

The thing is I can''t see the improvement in terms of effective football. We have shown a lot of passion in each half of the two games which is great and is nice to see. The thing thats different for myself is that theres now doubt, whereas before when we were picking up the points I never considered the possibility of relegation. We could go down, we could stay up, i''m not sure of either but at the minute we look desperate without getting any points...and thats never a good sign.

We created a lot more chances Miggins, a lot more balls into the box than we have been seeing, lack of goals has been our problem, if we keep playing like this we will score more.

Tactics have changed and attitudes have improved a bit, but the faults in the team are the same, mainly costly defensive errors and not being clinical enough. I don''t attend regularly but the it seems the biggest change is the crowd so perhaps its the euphoria taking effect.

Unfortunately at this stage of the seson we have just found a new way of exposing are lack of quality in crucial areas at crucial moments.

I think I am the only one who is going to get this..............................Alanis Morisette, where do I collect my prize?    Ok, I''ll get my coat..... 

Stop trying to justify your pathetic Hughton stance all season. The bloke was absolute crap and the media''s support of him is sickening. He would have took us down in shame. I am convinced given the performances and downward spiral we would of got hammered in the past 2 games. At least under Adams we are having a go.Hughton would have shut up shop at 2-0 to not harm the goal difference. He was an absolute sham of a manager.At least with Adams if we go down, which was always likely after Hughtons failure to put us safe before the 4 nightmare fixtures to finish. We go down trying and with a bit of spirit to take into next season. When did Hughton ever get a result that you felt good about? I cant think of one this season! His failure against the teams around us has cost us dear! Unfortunately Adams only had one shot at this otherwise we would have been safe already!

[quote user="Long drives home"]Stop trying to justify your pathetic Hughton stance all season.

The bloke was absolute crap and the media''s support of him is sickening. He would have took us down in shame. I am convinced given the performances and downward spiral we would of got hammered in the past 2 games.

At least under Adams we are having a go.

Hughton would have shut up shop at 2-0 to not harm the goal difference. He was an absolute sham of a manager.

At least with Adams if we go down, which was always likely after Hughtons failure to put us safe before the 4 nightmare fixtures to finish. We go down trying and with a bit of spirit to take into next season.

When did Hughton ever get a result that you felt good about? I cant think of one this season! His failure against the teams around us has cost us dear! Unfortunately Adams only had one shot at this otherwise we would have been safe already!

[/quote]

I think the vast majority are glad to see the back of him, but no need to re-write history.

Long drives home wrote the following post at 21/04/2014 11:03 AM:

Stop trying to justify your pathetic Hughton stance all season.

The bloke was absolute *** and the media''s support of him is sickening. He would have took us down in shame. I am convinced given the performances and downward spiral we would of got hammered in the past 2 games.

At least under Adams we are having a go.

Hughton would have shut up shop at 2-0 to not harm the goal difference. He was an absolute sham of a manager.

At least with Adams if we go down, which was always likely after Hughtons failure to put us safe before the 4 nightmare fixtures to finish. We go down trying and with a bit of spirit to take into next season.

When did Hughton ever get a result that you felt good about? I cant think of one this season! His failure against the teams around us has cost us dear! Unfortunately Adams only had one shot at this otherwise we would have been safe already!

------------------------------------------------

I don''t know why there''s all this ''we would have gone down with hughton so at least we''re having a go with adams'' stuff. Its not about agendas, its not about Adams or Hughton, its about how the team is doing. Hughton may have got some points over the last 2 games, maybe he wouldn''t have, but we don''t know so whats the point? The last 3 games we''ve lost, can we get anything from Man Utd next week - I think we can if we played like we did in the second half v Liverpool, but not if we play like we did v Fulham. Hughton got us into this situation before the past 2 games. Since then we''ve had a fairly good first and excellent second half v Fulham and Liverpool, being terrible in the other halves unfortunately. I don''t know how anyone can say at this moment that Adams should have come in sooner. You maybe right, but surely after 2 games and the new manager syndrome which statistically exists (i didn''t think it did at first), how you or anyone else can say with confidence that Adams would not have got us into this ''mess''? (and please don''t turn it around by saying ''well how do you know he wouldn''t, because then the answer is exactly the same-after watching 2 games of which we have both lost, I can''t know if he would have been better and the fact is, nor do you)