Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Isn't it ironic

how all of us who could see what was happening under Hughton, and wanted him out, are now the positive majority on this board whilst the deluded few that supported Hughton throughout his miserable tenure of our Club, have suddenly become the negative ones.

Isn''t it Morty who goes on about real fans? When he isn''t in a different continent with no internet access?

What has actually changed since Hughton got sacked? Why are people acting like everything is rosy all of a sudden?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]No.. it''s MP Juggy. He shows absolutely no class and I''m afraid neither do you or Macy. [/quote]I''m not on a different Continent. I''m in Portugal which just happens to be in Europe, the same as the UK. BTW, Benfica have just won the Portuguese League and everything is going ballistic so no sleep tonight.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="nutty nigel"]No.. it''s MP Juggy. He shows absolutely no class and I''m afraid neither do you or Macy. [/quote]I''m not on a different Continent. I''m in Portugal which just happens to be in Europe, the same as the UK. BTW, Benfica have just won the Portuguese League and everything is going ballistic so no sleep tonight.[/quote]

So what?

That doesn''t make you the real fan you claim to be...

[quote user="Herman "]What has actually changed since Hughton got sacked? Why are people acting like everything is rosy all of a sudden?[/quote]Because we''ve got our Club back. So we might not win another game, we might not survive but at least we don''t have to endure any more of the rubbish that Hughton dished up week in, week out

[quote user="nutty nigel"]That doesn''t make you the real fan you claim to be... [/quote]So what exactly is a real fan? What am I supposed to think & what am I supposed to do to become a member of that elusive club?

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="nutty nigel"]That doesn''t make you the real fan you claim to be... [/quote]So what exactly is a real fan? What am I supposed to think & what am I supposed to do to become a member of that elusive club?[/quote]

Have a word with yourself and you might find out....

[quote user="Making Plans"]

Shame nobody listened to the real supporters at the time. But no, we were

derided by a deluded few that tried to convince us that everything was going to

be alright in the end.Hughton took this Club apart bit by bit, week by week,

game by game[/quote]

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="nutty nigel"]That doesn''t make you the real fan you claim to be... [/quote]So what exactly is a real fan? What am I supposed to think & what am I supposed to do to become a member of that elusive club?[/quote]

Blindly support an obviously inept manager because the media say he''s a lovely bloke (and how harsh was that Newcastle sacking!!!) and critisise every little fault with our new manager to put the last one in a better light!

[quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="nutty nigel"]That doesn''t make you the real fan you claim to be... [/quote]So what exactly is a real fan? What am I supposed to think & what am I supposed to do to become a member of that elusive club?[/quote]

Blindly support an obviously inept manager because the media say he''s a lovely bloke (and how harsh was that Newcastle sacking!!!) and critisise every little fault with our new manager to put the last one in a better light![/quote]

Only MP knows if you''re right..

[quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]

Blindly support an obviously inept manager because the media say he''s a lovely bloke (and how harsh was that Newcastle sacking!!!) and critisise every little fault with our new manager to put the last one in a better light![/quote]Ah, I see. Sorry but in that case I definitely not a real fan.

Darth Catbeard The Old wrote the following post at 20/04/2014 9:41 PM:

and critisise every little fault with our new manager to put the last one in a better light!

----------------------------------------------

Do you seriously believe that?

its strange. I can understand people comparing the two managers (like they did with lambert and Hughton) but I don''t think people have their own agendas to prove that it was wrong or right to sack Hughton

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]

Blindly support an obviously inept manager because the media say he''s a lovely bloke (and how harsh was that Newcastle sacking!!!) and critisise every little fault with our new manager to put the last one in a better light![/quote]Ah, I see. Sorry but in that case I definitely not a real fan. [/quote]

But that wasn''t your definition was it?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]its strange. I can understand people comparing the two managers (like they did with lambert and Hughton) but I don''t think people have their own agendas to prove that it was wrong or right to sack Hughton[/quote]

You just appear to want to play devils advocate on every thread and temper peoples positivity (Oddly something the Hughton supporters have been calling for all season) But I''ve seen plenty of cases of people already claiming nothing''s changed because we''ve gained 0 points.

Claiming this performance is somehow inferior to our dour, backs to the wall results against some very off form Man City/Spurs sides etc

To anyone who watched the last 2 games and has even the faintest clue about football it''s obvious we''re improving and slowly getting away from the soul destroyingly negative Hughton dogma and have been very unlucky to not get anything against 2 sides that always seem to thrash us.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 20/04/2014 9:53 PM:

its strange. I can understand people comparing the two managers (like they did with lambert and Hughton) but I don''t think people have their own agendas to prove that it was wrong or right to sack Hughton

Lol, strange indeed Miggins

You just appear to want to play devils advocate on every thread and temper peoples positivity (Oddly something the Hughton supporters have been calling for all season) But I''ve seen plenty of cases of people already claiming nothing''s changed because we''ve gained 0 points.

Surely not?

darth

"To anyone who watched the last 2 games and has even the faintest clue about football it''s obvious we''re improving and slowly getting away from the soul destroyingly negative Hughton dogma and have been very unlucky to not get anything against 2 sides that always seem to thrash us."

Spot on darth, and it should be giving us all confidence that we will stay up. Even the spineless white flag wavers.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Herman "]What has actually changed since Hughton got sacked? Why are people acting like everything is rosy all of a sudden?[/quote]Because we''ve got our Club back. So we might not win another game, we might not survive but at least we don''t have to endure any more of the rubbish that Hughton dished up week in, week out[/quote]

The anti-Hughton bandwagon was like a self-fulfilling prophecy.  Doomed from the outset by a load of fans incapable of seeing beyond Lambert.   Even good things that happened were swept under the carpet.   Nothing was ever good enough for some people. Last season or this. 

Hughton has gone - and rightly so - he hasn''t done well enough - but it will long live in my memory that part of his downfall was due to the dire need for some people to see everything in a negative light and cast everything he did as bad - even the good results were apparently not down to him.  Negativity and tension feeds off itself and the whole club was infected by it. Hughton wasn''t blameless - he could maybe have done things differently to ensure that didn''t happen - but statements like "we''ve got our club back" just sum it up.  Gormless fans thinking they know better.  But you only think you have your club back. The truth is it never went away - you just failed to see it.

Now to some everything is rosy - except that it isn''t - we are still the same club with the same players and the same problems.  The only saving grace is that we have Adams - someone we can all get behind.  That in itself should ensure that the positivity can return - and we can all be optimistic about the next three games as a result. We need to be.

Darth Catbeard The Old wrote the following post at 20/04/2014 9:59 PM:

Claiming this performance is somehow inferior to our dour, backs to the wall results against some very off form Man City/Spurs sides etc

To anyone who watched the last 2 games and has even the faintest clue about football it''s obvious we''re improving and slowly getting away from the soul destroyingly negative Hughton dogma and have been very unlucky to not get anything against 2 sides that always seem to thrash us.

----------------------

I don''t mean to put a downer on peoples positivity. Like the OP said, people who thought we would get relegated a month ago voiced their opinions, now its reversed and they think we''ll stay up because we''ve got anyone but Hughton. From what I''ve seen recently including the WBA game, the team look as if they''re down and the naive choices Adams has made aren''t helping. Furthermore, the fact that you say the performances against Man C and Spurs don''t count because the opposition were off form is just simply not true. Although the Man C strikers didn''t look involved too much, that was mainly because of the way we played, but thats my opinion anyway, I thinks its quite negative not to give any credit to the team on that occasion. People seem to think we''ve been improving in the last 2 games compared to the previous 2 seasons, I just want to understand how our play has improved. Today for example, in the second half we had to come out fighting, we played as if we were playing Fulham. Only was it when we went 2-0 down did we have to throw bodies forward.

[quote user="Herman "]What has actually changed since Hughton got sacked? Why are people acting like everything is rosy all of a sudden?[/quote]We actually tried, and looked like we believed we could get back in the game today. For the first time in about 18 months I actually wanted to stay to the end of the game because we were trying to get a result. A stark contrast to Mr Hughton''s, "ooh we''re losing 1-0 at home to WBA with 10 minutes to go...I''d best change my left back!*" mentality that was draining the spirit and self-belief out of the club, fans and every single player to the point they looked like they didn''t even want to be on the pitch.(* Hughton should have bought Wolfswinkel on at that point and gone 2 up front and 3 at the back most likely securing us a point and his own job in the process)

It was great to be part of over 20000 cheering the lads at the end for playing a great game

That''s the sort of spirit that will be positive for everyone.

Fantastic

Jenkins wrote the following post at 20/04/2014 11:21 PM:

Miggins

"The team look as if they''re down

Large tenna pads for Miggins

-------------------------------------------

I didn''t say they are going down, I said they look like a relegated team now; trying but just not good enough.

I don''t mind you replying to everything I post but must you have to keep going on about White flags and wet pants when now with 3 games to go and in terrible form we''re not getting any points, opposed to 3 months ago when we were averaging a point a game with matches against the lesser teams coming up. I wasn''t worried at that point because we looked average but yet still picking up points when we wanted to. Now we''ve lost the must win games in WBA and most importantly Fulham, and now we''ve lost at home to Liverpool after giving two goals away in the first 15 mins.

Yes i was one of the ones calling the people who thought we were going to get relegated ''pant wetter'' just like any rational person. Yet now with 3 games to go against the big teams, 2 of them Away, am I concerned? You bet I am.