Sign in to follow this  
skeps

we must do all we can to keep snodgrass next season.

Agreed, Snodgrass has both class and grit and is POTS by a mile, again. But on the bright side, if he goes we can make a tidy profit and we have Redmond and Murphy to come through, who both have a precious commodity which is pace!!

Not my POTS because for half a season he wasn''t doing the business. Very glad he has hit some better form in recent months.

Tremendous effort from Howson and Johnson too.

Yeah I agree let RvW and give the money to Snoddy! We must do everything to keep him and Ruddy, don''t think there will be to many offers for our other players.

Totally agree, should be POTS so he realises how much the fans love him and want him to stay.

Next make him team captain so he knows he has the backing of the club and manager.

With that I think he will give us at least one year to fight our way back (IF we go down)

Snodgrass my POTS too. Even when playing below his best he never hides or stops trying. Hope we can keep him but agree with the post that he deserves Premier league football. Probably our most saleable asset as well so if money is tight...

He''s brilliant when he''s in the mood, but i hugely doubt we could keep him. He''s a premiership quality player, and he knows he''s good enough to find another mid-table prem club

and to think those utter morons in the snakepit jad the front to boo him earlier in the season!..............if we had 11 men with the heart and fight of Snodgrass we wouldnt be in the situation we''re in now....should have been made captain aswell.

Snodgrass offers little pace, a scattering of mistimed tackles and generally delivers not a lot in open play. Handy at free kicks. Poor corner taker. Argues with the Ref and antagonises the opposition fans. Inconsistent performer. Not a leader of himself let alone anyone else.

Still quite like him though!

I''ve not been his biggest fan for most of this season - mainly because of the endless wasted corners and that arm business BUT there is no escaping the goals he has bagged this season and the sheer effort he puts in.

He almost rivals Gary ''3 lungs'' Holt for the amount of determination he shows.

He ran his backside off at Craven Cottage and was still running 40 yards cross-field to close down players after 90 minutes.

If we had a few more players showing the same spirit a bit earlier in the season, we may''ve squeezed a handful of extra points out of it and not wearing brown trousers right now.

If the board show a smidgen of ambition, we would have the money to keep the key players on next year if we go down and give it at least one real good go at bouncing straight back up.

He slows things down and runs into blind alleys when team mates are better positioned.  You can not question his commitment, but I believe many are blinded by the work-rate he puts in.  In my view he''s a very average player and I''d prefer to see others in the team ahead of him.

RUDOLPH HUCKER wrote the following post at 21/04/2014 9:03 AM:

It appears Adams has removed Snoddy from taking corners and free kicks all of the time

Certainly not taking corners will be seen as a positive move by around 20000 fans in CR.

His free kicks can be quite productive.

POTS comfortably and i''m sure he''ll get it - despite a few blinkered on here - some have disliked him since we signed him - it''s a shame. He''s our most productive player in terms of goals and assists and we would already be relegated without him.

What is wrong with people on here? Best player by a mile, entirely reliant on him. If every set-piece/cross delivery was perfect do you think he''d be playing for us? Clueless.

I''ve been a critic all season, and the reasons why stand, however with Adams managing his downside is being managed, so we are see a more production player - his heart and effort were never in doubt.

Under CH I would say - which ever league we play in next year - sell. He''s being made a crutch for the team and the other clubs have sussed it out.

Under NA I would say - if in the Championship, play him as a no 10. And in the Premier, either sell or keep as a squad player but buy a proper no 10, he''s just too slow...

Once more in English :-)

I''ve been a critic all season, and the reasons why stand, however with Adams his downside is being managed, so we are seeing a more productive player - his heart and effort were never in doubt.

Under CH I would say - which ever league we play in next year - sell. He''s being made a crutch for the team and the other clubs have sussed it out.

Under NA I would say - if in the Championship, play him as a no 10. And if in the Premier, either sell or keep as a squad player but buy a proper no 10, he''s just too slow...

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

and to think those utter morons in the snakepit jad the front to boo him earlier in the season!..............if we had 11 men with the heart and fight of Snodgrass we wouldnt be in the situation we''re in now....should have been made captain aswell.

[/quote]He was garbage until those ''morons'' booed him. Maybe a case of it being the kick up the backside he needed.He''s undoubtedly been brilliant in the second half of the season.