Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Team selection under Adams

Can we learn anything from Mr Adams'' team selections? No Bassong or Pilkington in the squad and Tettey left on the bench. Conversely, Murphy has had more opportunity under Adams, and Johnson has started games, presumably at Tettey''s expense. The team is also more British than it has been. From yesterday''s starting eleven only Olsson and Fer came from outside the UK.

Is it simply a case of Neil seeing more desire from certain players or is there something more to it than that? I don''t think anyone can deny that an on form Bassong is our best centre-back, while Pilkington can be one of our most potent match-winners. I for one would be extremely disappointed in these players if it was a lack of desire keeping them out of the team.

I can see why Redmond is played there because he can drop wide when needed and then push up to add pace to the attack.

I''d have RvW in for Redmond if were playing the diamond type formation and make him play straight down the middle. Often saw Howson push wide on the ball, I''d give him that extra freedom again

Tettey may be out of contract this summer maybe why not being played.

one can only surmise that in Bassong''s case that he was such a Hughton man, he may well have gone into a ''sulk'' after his sacking.....his head clearly isn''t right fo a relegation battle to not even be on the bench.

If it''s a problem of Bassongs attitude then as captain that is a disgrace. If that is the case get shot of him ASAP.

I''ve said elsewhere, I think BJ has got the nod over Tettey because he has a greater chance of scoring, & goals are what we are desperately short of. He can also produce the occasional defence splitting long pass - as well as the type that led to LFC''s 3rd goal.

Tettey is the best player to keep it safe. Bradley is a risk, but at this stage it''s defecate or bust.

Well we saw a ''posh'' car with the second part of the number plate as ''Wes'', heading away from the ground, approx 1 hour before ko, but that could well be 2 and 2 making whatever you want it to.

Also nothing seems to have been added to Bassong limping quite badly at the end of the West Brom game. Is it an injury, and has it been reported as such, or have there been no searching questions from the reporters, to the management?

Personally, I think Bassong has been playing with an injury for months, possibly the same knee injury that he had surgery on in the summer.

Pretty sure I saw a Tweet from one of the Archant journo''s saying that Wes was definitely at the ground.