Sign in to follow this  
Phil Boyers Admiral top

NEVER WANT TO SEE RVP IN A CITY SHIRT AGAIN

I don''t want to find a scapegoat but I thought he was a disgrace yesterday when everyone else gave everything they had. He showed no fight when he came on and just seemed to flounce around. He seems more concerned with his hair than putting his body on the line or getting hurt. There were a couple of times crosses came in and he didn''t look interested in challenging. We all know he is an utter waste of money but if he tried hard - like, say Snoddy or Howson, then I might have a modicum of respect for him. He had a free header yesterday and still couldn''t score - surely Becchio can''t be worse.

[quote user="Phil Boyers Admiral top"]I don''t want to find a scapegoat but I thought he was a disgrace yesterday when everyone else gave everything they had. He showed no fight when he came on and just seemed to flounce around. He seems more concerned with his hair than putting his body on the line or getting hurt. There were a couple of times crosses came in and he didn''t look interested in challenging. We all know he is an utter waste of money but if he tried hard - like, say Snoddy or Howson, then I might have a modicum of respect for him. He had a free header yesterday and still couldn''t score - surely Becchio can''t be worse.[/quote]Really?

He does try hard - can''t take that away from him i''m afraid.

Low on confidence obviously - and it''s been a terrible season from him. These threads are just plain stupidity though.

to defend RVW (and I dont do it often!) he made the Keeper make a save... what else could he have done?!

If Mignolet hadn''t set his feet or adjusted inline with the ball it would have been 3-3

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]to defend RVW (and I dont do it often!) he made the Keeper make a save... what else could he have done?!

If Mignolet hadn''t set his feet or adjusted inline with the ball it would have been 3-3[/quote]Not put it right at the keeper. But it was an improvement on previous efforts I suppose.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]to defend RVW (and I dont do it often!) he made the Keeper make a save... what else could he have done?! If Mignolet hadn''t set his feet or adjusted inline with the ball it would have been 3-3[/quote]

Hmm? now had Becchio headed that?

Wolfiwanka couldn''t even score in an Amsterdam brothel!

I don''t question his effort. But he is certainly too weak for this league. And his finishing isn''t up to scratch. That header being a prime example.

To his credit his movement is good though and he does get on the end of these chances. But sadly he misses them.

I see no better option than him from the bench though.

Tries harder than Hooper.

You couldn''t say Hooper was dying for the cause in the 1st half yesterday.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]to defend RVW (and I dont do it often!) he made the Keeper make a save... what else could he have done?! If Mignolet hadn''t set his feet or adjusted inline with the ball it would have been 3-3[/quote]

[/quote]

Is there any need for that?

Thought you were trying to get behind the team now Wiz?

RVW has shown quality in the last two appearances. His goals will come. Though they do need to hurry up.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Probably not Herman but he cost us a point......again yesterday.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]No he didn''t.The whole team not showing up for most of the first half and giving Liverpool a two goal head start did.

[quote user="GJP"]Tries harder than Hooper. You couldn''t say Hooper was dying for the cause in the 1st half yesterday.[/quote]

One huge, massive difference though GJP.......Hooper actually scores!

RVW gets a hard time on this forum.  The actual truth is he pulls the defence around far more than Hooper who is more central and doesn''t push defenders.  Both are poor passers, neither is scoring, but RVW actually stretches the defence intelligently.So RVW should start.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No he didn''t.

The whole team not showing up for most of the first half and giving Liverpool a two goal head start did.
[/quote]

Did I ask you?...........1 goal in nearly a season from our main stiker is not good enough............Holt got crucified on here for doing more!

Oh yeah - and re Becchio - i doubt he''d have even been in the position to head that ball - since he''s slower he''d have probably only started making his way into the penalty area at that point.

[quote user="hogesar"]Why did you come back on here Wiz.[/quote]

Because I wanted to.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Adams poor tactics at the start cost us.

Johnson''s poor pass cost us.

Wolfy has one saved. So it must be all his fault?!

[quote user="hogesar"]Oh yeah - and re Becchio - i doubt he''d have even been in the position to head that ball - since he''s slower he''d have probably only started making his way into the penalty area at that point.[/quote]

He''s a superb header of a ball ask Leeds fans......isn''t that why Hughton signed him?[:|]

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Adams poor tactics at the start cost us.

Johnson''s poor pass cost us.

Wolfy has one saved. So it must be all his fault?!

[/quote]

You''re daft in the head mate.........it was Liverpool we played not Hull................oh, and Whoton''s gone.. get over it!

Adams got the tactics totally wrong in the first 15 minutes. A fool could see that. He saw it, so he changed it.

I''m glad he''s gone Wiz but it still doesn''t alter the fact that Adams got his initial tactics wrong, which gave Liverpool a 2 goal head start. Luckily he changed quicker than a 70th minute like for liker.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]No he didn''t.The whole team not showing up for most of the first half and giving Liverpool a two goal head start did.[/quote]

Did I ask you?...........1 goal in nearly a season from our main stiker is not good enough............Holt got crucified on here for doing more!

[/quote]Oh sorry, I thought this was a football debate forum where people make points for discussion.You said he cost us a point. You were wrong.As usual.

Did you not see the first half wiz? Adams obviously realised that he set up the team wrong so changed it. Unfortunately, although he tried to make up for this mistake, it was too late.

The positive is that we gave it a good go (I realise by saying that I sound like a little ol norwich foo)l