Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

I hope man utd don't sack moyes

Before the weekend at least. The body language of the man utd players was dreadful yesterday. I honestly believe we can go there on Saturday and get a result provided he is still in charge!

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"]United have been woeful this season. However, NCFC are masters of underachievement. I''d expect United to have a comfortable 4-0 win.[/quote]

What a surprise!

Well said Waveney. If he puts out the same team, and with 70k supporters on his case, we are capable of getting something. Well, I am more confident of this than the Arsenal and Chelsea fixtures.  

Utd scored four goals in both of their previous two league games before they played Everton. So they won''t be a push-over.But if Norwich can get ahead early and frustrate Utd, their supporters may give us a helping hand by turning on Moyes.

Without wanting to put too much of a downer on things....But remind me of our away record?

After our second half against the champions to be and with Manure in disarray, we can at least say there has never been a better time to have a go.

[quote user="morty"]Without wanting to put too much of a downer on things....

But remind me of our away record?
[/quote]

Shut up, shut up, shut up!!

You and Nulli, on the other thread, are bringing too much reality into the equation. Let us pretend that  we have a chance. Just for one more week.

[quote user="morty"]Without wanting to put too much of a downer on things....But remind me of our away record?[/quote]Very poor indeed, we got stuffed up their in the cup. Must have been United''s easiest home game all season.In our favour even the players seem to have had enough of Moyes.  With nothing left to play for, an embarrassing home defeat to Norwich could see him on his way.[G]

Its taken me over half an hour to get over the idea that i ,for once ,agree with ''Old Wavey Chops''. In fact i was even thinking just that about Moyes earlier today.

Man U should have gone straight for Martinez, what fools they look for subscribing to the theory that the only manager suitable is a dour Glaswegian...now, where would i have heard that before? and 3,2,1 ....cue Messiah references fro Water Closet.

[quote user="morty"]Without wanting to put too much of a downer on things....

But remind me of our away record?
[/quote]

Under Hughton?

I reckon we''ll get a point v man utd. I''ve put my bet on. However, despite being lucky last season on my predicted 11th, I''ve been way off with prediction for 13th. So although i''m quite positive because I think we are due a result...who knows really.

Unless they sack motes, then we''re fu(ked

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"]Without wanting to put too much of a downer on things....But remind me of our away record?[/quote]

Under Hughton?

[/quote]Okay, if you like, how about under Adams?[:)]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"]Without wanting to put too much of a downer on things....But remind me of our away record?[/quote]Very poor indeed, we got stuffed up their in the cup. Must have been United''s easiest home game all season.In our favour even the players seem to have had enough of Moyes.  With nothing left to play for, an embarrassing home defeat to Norwich could see him on his way.[G][/quote]I know I was there. And I''ll be there on Saturday too.Glutton for punishment.

Can''t see Moyes being sacked this season, I think they will give him time and money to turn it around. We really need to get at least a draw out of this as it looked likely that we will be in the bottom 3 after this weekend. We must go into the Asenal game with our fate in our hands.

Edit: looks likely we will be in the bottom 3 after next weekend!

Ferguson left. Was it because he could see an ageing squad past their best, and with not enough funds to rebuild it quickly? Do the owners recognise this, and will they give more time to Moyes?

There are several other unknowns here.

What do the MU Board/owners think about the situation?

Would they sack Moyes at such a late date?

Would the team attitude change if they did?

Is it too late to redeem their season?

How would the players react? How much sympathy, respect do they have for Moyes?

Have the players given up for the season? Have they no pride?

As an outsider, I don''t know the answer to these questions.

I do know two things:

1) Somehow our rather slow defence has to close down United attackers much better than they did those of Liverpool. Manchester do not pack the power they had, but they still have one or two players capable of hurting us - Van Persie, in particular.

2) We shall probably get nothing unless we can play at our best for ninety minutes, and especially unless we can take more of the chances we create.

looking realistically:

Man utd still have the same team that won the league last season.

RVP is still out I think which is good

They''ll be low on confidence

Their home form has been awful for a Man Utd side

On the other hand, we''ve been terrible away

=good game

I don''t know if it''ll make much difference, but yes I agree our luck (if we had any in the first place) seems to be out. Actually luck doesn''t exist; we''re just a bit $hit

Best that he doesn''t go before the weekend - nothing like a bit of uncertainty in the MU camp to get players thinking about their loyalties & futures and not concentrating on the game.

If he has gone, Im not sure this is a bad development for us. People talk of the bounce effect under a new manager, but they wont appoint somebody before the summer, so they''d essentially be rudderless. You only get a bounce if there is a new guy to impress. We did quite well last time we played a managerless team in Manchester. Make sure Howson plays!