Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Away fans in Home sections

Can''t stand Liverpool after the murders at Heysel - and the subsequent ban that affected City so badly.Hillsborough is undoubtedly a tragedy, but one i''ve always felt the Scousers themselves were to blame for. It''s never been adequately explained to me - if those extra 5000 fans hadn''t forced their way in, the deaths wouldn''t have occurred regardless of the despicable actions of the police.But that said, the guy next to me in the Snakepit was a Scouser - he didn''t celebrate when they scored but looked mightily annoyed when we scored, and never joined in a single song - but i didn''t say anything to him or get him kicked out. Fair play to him for his passion - i''ve sat on my hands in plenty of home ends at our away games, so i know the feeling. (Brighton away in the League 1 season was particularly difficult!)The morons that sit in the home end then celebrate, however? Different matter.

Faded jaded - get your facts right - the fan clapped and cheered Suarez during the team announcements while everyone else booed him and that''s what got him noticed. He then clapped the first goal and while you are right he didn''t jump up and down celebrating if he kept his mouth shut, didn''t wear a Liverpool shirt or proudly show off a Liverpool tattoo no one would have noticed him. That''s what I took offence to.

I pay a hell of a lot a season for my seat and take offence to away fans sitting near me, if you have an issue with this I suggest you come and speak to me at the Arsenal match. And yes it was me who got him chucked out to an applause.

GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary wrote the following post at 20/04/2014 9:52 PM:

disgusting,destestable and classless set of fans....this lot winning the league is my worst nightmare......like in Stephen King''s "It"...a horrible childhood nightmare coming back to haunt me in adulthood and something I''d hoped I''d never have to see again.

Heysel....never forgive.....never forget.

The scousers I came accross yesterday were a good bunch to be honest, was there any problem after the game?

Somebody has to win the league, and to be honest I would rather it be Liverpool than a club like Chelsea or Man City.

Just imagine if we won it won day, the media would be really struggling then.

On a separate but related point why is it possible for rugby supporters of both sides to all mix together? Wales v England and Australia v England are examples of games with very high levels of passion. Yet we very rarely hear of any trouble between rival supporters.

[quote user="Barclay Regular"]On a separate but related point why is it possible for rugby supporters of both sides to all mix together? Wales v England and Australia v England are examples of games with very high levels of passion. Yet we very rarely hear of any trouble between rival supporters.[/quote]

are you comparing like with like here though??....youre comparing club football with international rugby....I''ve seen plenty of club rugby matches where the fans are segregated?.............lets just also say that its a diffrerent type of person you''ll find at an England rugby match at "Twickers"...if you get my meaning...Land Rovers,Barbour Jackets,green wellies and champers in the car park etc etc, the order of the day.

I tend to agree with ? on this one. Whilst I have had and always will have sympathy t=for those who died or lost loved

ones at Hillsborough and deplore the actions of the police both during and after the event, to me it seems, and like ? says

it has never been adequately explained, that if the fans outside the ground had been in a queue with ticket in hand waiting

to get into the ground there would most likely have been no tragedy. If anyone can explain it differently then I would

be interested to hear.

I was offered £300 for my ticket before the match. I told them it wasn''t for sale at any price, my wife duly called me a f''ing moron when I got home though.

you can''t go on about justice for 25 years and then when it suits just ignore the safety rules. If you haven''t got a ticket you can''t come in, even the thickest lovable scallywag should be able to get his head around that ?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

disgusting,destestable and classless set of fans....this lot winning the league is my worst nightmare......like in Stephen King''s "It"...a horrible childhood nightmare coming back to haunt me in adulthood and something I''d hoped I''d never have to see again.

[/quote]

I agree completely with this post.... and when do the Scousers have the memorial for the Heysel disaster ??

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote] I agree completely with this post.... and when do the Scousers have the memorial for the Heysel disaster ??[/quote]

they never have and never will, infact the dispicable club that they are tried to sweep the whole thing under the carpet and deny responsibility for the whole thing.

It was only the fact that they were drawn against Juventus in the Champions League TWENTY YEARS LATER in 2005 that they were forced to make some sort of gesture to the Juventus fans at Anfield......the sight of 3000 Juve fans turning their backs on it,shows how much theyve forgiven that club for the atrocity......but of course it wasnt Liverpool fans fault....oh no, on this occasion it was because Heysel was a "dilapidated stadium" with ....and get this.....walls which werent designed for the Liverpool fans to push against murdering 39 Italians in the process.

repugnant football club...

Anyone that sold their home ticket or have away their home ticket to a Liverpool fan is a traitor and should be attached to a horse and dragged through the streets of Norwich.

When your club needed you the most you abandoned them. Either out of individual financial gain or just plain cowardice. You let your (that''s a joke) club and fellow fans down.

These people need to be isolated and banned from carrow road.

thank you GJL - spot on. I would rather the blue scum win the league rather than the "always the victims never the cause".

and as for winning it for Steve Gerrard - I seem to remember that this scouser has been to court on assault charges?

still you got to love em what with all the comedians, singers, liver birds and scallies.

I post on wotb under a different guise and got slaughtered for even mentioning that scouse fans might be slightly to blame. ''Read the taylor report'' was what I was told - so I did. Some myths ...it does appear that there were not thousands of fans without tickets and there was some f3ck ups by the police, main one not delaying the match when it seemed evident the scousers were not bothering to go in when asked after 2pm and not trying to block the tunnel to the centre pens where so many died. But the previous year around 2.30pm 20,000 fans were in place Leppings lane end but that fateful year even though the police had been asking since 2pm only 12.000 had bothered going in. And by 2.50 the fans then realised they needed to get in before kick off and some were getting crushed at the front hence the decision to open gate C. Wrong decision right reason as far as I am concerned and who knows how many may have died on the way in. Still bloody sad though as the ones who lost their lives were already safely in as asked. Sorry for the ramble but I had a ''discussion'' on here with mick dennis before so thought I would read the report. Also read on wotb that some scally''s were caught nicking bottles of wine and food in the bp garage near the ground so they locked them in and the police gave them the choice of either putting the gear back or spending a night in norwich nick which they chose. them scally''s eh !