Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

if Moyes gets sacked....

pick up the phone McNally..

Moyes is a mid table manager who works well with cloggers, under acheivers, castoffs and up and comers.... he did this for a decade at Everton... flirting with the Europa league and reaching a cup final....

United are too big a club for him.... he would transform us!

get the wheels moving NOW city!!!

Frankly I''d like to inflict the nightmare team of Moyes & Hughton on Ip5w1ch.On long contracts so that they couldn''t afford to sack them.That should get them relegated to the outer darkness of the conference.

Jas looking for Hughton football mark two. He doesn''t care for entertainment or an enjoyable Saturday afternoon. Perhaps Allardyce or Malky are also on his list.

Everton played some great stuff under moyes who managed to create get some fantastic players on a low budget. the 2 full backs spring to mind as well as a good midfield. When the goals dried up for Cahill who got too old, he then got a fantastic season out of Jelavic (who the celtic fans rated far less than Hooper for example. On their message board they said he was just behind Henrik Larson in their all time best strikers).

Nothing like Malky or Hughton who are all about making sure first and foremost that you don''t concede.

Hughton for United.

At least then Lakey wouldn''t have so far to travel to support his messiah.

Dubai Mark wrote the following post at 21/04/2014 5:23 PM:

I have a feeling that Sir Alex will step in for the final few games....now that would be interesting!

Would be very suprised if he did that.

My impression is he has a lot of respect for Moyes and was obviously very much involved in his appointment, that would be a real kick in the teeth.

It would be pointless!!!!!!!!

If Moyes is sacked and wants to get straight back into management in England then he will replace Pardew at Newcastle and we can have Pardew, which would be excellent.

Excellent in the same way that three weeks of ring-stinging diarrhoea is excellent? As in, not at all excellent but actually rather f*cking awful?

Moyes would be an incredible manager to get in if we stay up. We won''t stay up of course so it''s completely irrelevant.

Btw, Jelavic never played for Celtic. He played for Rangers.

[quote user="canarydan23"]Excellent in the same way that three weeks of ring-stinging diarrhoea is excellent? As in, not at all excellent but actually rather f*cking awful?[/quote]Er, no. Excellent in the sense that while he comes across as a nasty piece of work he is is reasonably talented football manager, whose record - while far from perfect - impresses me more than those of the other homegrown supposed candidates I have seen mentioned here. I would, for example, take Pardew over Mackay. But I not sure our board would.

[quote user="Jonzey"]Moyes would be an incredible manager to get in if we stay up. We won''t stay up of course so it''s completely irrelevant.

Btw, Jelavic never played for Celtic. He played for Rangers.[/quote]

Ah thank you of course he did (I don''t know why I said celtic, I think its because of hooper and their message board)

thought that as well mustard. always surprised when people used to say that he did well on a budget at everton, when their players were on 70, 80 k. although i''m honestly shocked at how badly he''s done at utd.personally i think he''ll end up at spurs for a probable  year - 18 months failure before he comes down to a level where we could get him.i think like purple that it''ll either be klopp or van gaal as new utd manager. though an change can not  be good for us before saturday

Everton constantly over performed their budget and Moyes was hardly ever given significant transfer funds.

Difficult to believe that they had players on £70k or £80k, maybe one or two but they were near the top of the budget/playing position table every year.

So it should be no surprise when people say he did well on a budget at Everton. He took over a destitute club on the decline and used youth and a very scarce budget to turn them into a top 6/7 team.

Clearly his time at Man Utd has been a disaster (struggling with pressure I think), but can''t take away what he has achieved at Everton, and Martinez had most of the hard work done for him.

To use Everton''s current league position to devalue 11 years of work by Moyes is similar, if not worse, than saying that Lambert must have been rubbish because Hughton finished 1 place above him in the league.

Look at the kids that have come through at Everton under Moyes..... Baines, Rooney, Barkley, Hibbert, and Rodwell in particular. Then there is Seamus Coleman who he signed for £60k in 2009. That transfer alone is the equivalent of Cody McDonald turning out to be the next Ian Wright after he''d signed for us.

Everton fans who booed him the other day are stupid and disrespectful, can''t stand that club and looking forward to their decline.

Great post Juggy[Y]

Martinez was quick to point that out after the game. Maybe it won''t work out for him at Utd but that won''t devalue what he achieved. Not working out at Norwich won''t devalue anything Hughton achieved. And not working out at Villa won''t devalue anything Lambert achieved. It''s just the cycle of football and there is no recipe for getting it right.