skeps

team for utd.

ruddy

whitts martin turner olsson

tetty fer

snod howson redmond

hooper

4-2-3-1

the diamond formation looked awfull yesterday.

Yeah I agree with that. I''d probably put RvW in ahead of Hooper though. That diamond formation did not look right and cost us the game, I guess if Hughton started with that formation all hell would break lose!

Is Pilkington still injured? Its getting very frustrating that Redmond can''t even put in a half decent ball.

I agree except swap Tettey for Johnson. His work rate and commitment is fantastic, and just what we need against United. You could see how gutted he was after the game that his 1 mistake had cost us. It wouldn''t do his confidence any favours to drop him

I would take Whittaker out and move Cafu back to RB. Put R. Bennett or Yobo (if he''s back to fitness) in at CB.
I''d probably have RvW in front of Hooper, but only just. 
I would start with Johnson, but with a view to bringing Tettey on for last 30mins or so. Johnno gives us a bit of bite and Utd won''t fancy it if we get in their faces from the word go. Tettey doesn''t shirk his defensive duties, but he doesn''t offer the same level of grit that Johnson does. 

Tettey for bj, rest unchanged. I just dunno about our strikers though, none of them fill me with any confidence. Hooper best of the bunch for an opportunist poached goal though.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]RuddyGarrido   Martin   Turner   OlsonHowson    Bradders   FerSnoddy    RedmondHooper[/quote]

(Very) left-footed Garrido at RB?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]RuddyGarrido   Martin   Turner   OlsonHowson    Bradders   FerSnoddy    RedmondHooper[/quote]

(Very) left-footed Garrido at RB?[/quote]In fairness both of our right backs are fully fit (including the one who had a part in our first goal and plays better at left-back than Garrido) so what choice do we have but to play Garrido out of position?

Tettey can play right back so maybe the best option?Witts looked slow and a bit off the pace for me vs Liverpool, Martin I feel is better at CB and Bassong needs to never (until next season at least) wear a Norwich shirt again. Yobo for me is not as good as an on form Bennet.Talking of Bennets, whens Elliot back? What a time for him to surge back into the first team ?!

BJ for Fer for me, he looks tired and I''d rather bring him on in the second half than rely on him from the start. That way he might be usable further forward, I''m convinced that is where he is best rather than holding- just like Howson, both can do a job there but it''s not getting the best out of them.Upfront, makes little difference I think both the obvious two were bad buys. I prefer RVWs effort but Hooper has got a couple of goals and that just edges it at this stage I think.If EB is fit I would like to see him come off the bench at some point.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]

Witts looked slow and a bit off the pace for me vs Liverpool,

Yobo for me is not as good as an on form Bennet.

[/quote]

Disagree about Whitts. Thought he was lively throughout and often had a tough ask defensively as he was left exposed time and time again. Especially in the opening exchanges when nobody took responsibility to cover infront of him.

He also gave a lot to our attacks and kept pushing us forward - even bursting onto the left wing at one point to put a cross in. Never the performance of someone slow and off the pace. Infact it''s been a long time since someone played better at right back.

Has Bennett ever been "on form"?

The biggest issue I have with Whittaker is that he seems to have a habit of misjudging aerial balls. It happened at least once against Liverpool and a couple of time against Fulham and has been noticeable for me whenever he has played this season. It just seems like such a basic part of a defenders game that he is consistently getting wrong. 
His general possession play is, however, quite excellent for a full-back. 

Jonas played majority of his games for Argentina at right back?

For me:

Ruddy

Martin Yobo Turner Olsson

Tettey

Fer Howson

Snodgrass Bennett

RvW

If Yobo is not fit then jonas/Whittaker would be fine.

I think Redmond will start again but I think for final ball quality I''d go Bennett.

RvW over hooper. I still think RvW has a big part to play and this formation seems to suit him more.

In my opinion he didn''t, but was still very influential if that makes sense. He got down the right side and provided a lot of width, his movement was top class, but he hasn''t got much quality unfortunately. He''s slow, can''t read the game, can''t cross, but he did try and showed a lot of determination to try and effect the game which is all we can really ask of him, you can only work with what you''ve got, but I wonder if Adams will move Martin to RB and play Bennett or Bassong instead, or keep the same team. Whitaker shows more passion than Bassong seems to this season

Unchanged for me, and really cannot understand why anyone would leave out Bradley Johnson, he is a bit like Snodgrass in respect of his high energy and commitment and the team needs that right now surely.

Well the Liverpool game showed the best and worst of Johnson.

He was too easily beaten by Sterling for the opener and gave the ball away for the winner.

But he worked very, very hard for the team and his determination helped cause Hooper''s goal.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Unchanged for me, and really cannot understand why anyone would leave out Bradley Johnson, he is a bit like Snodgrass in respect of his high energy and commitment and the team needs that right now surely.[/quote]

I think its because he can''t pass

Agree the diamond has to go - esp with the base and tip players being painfully ill equipped for the role - with our improved performance coming once we went 4231.

I am assuming Yobo will remain injured if not he would partner Turner so my side would be

Ruddy

Martin  Bassong  Turner  Olsson

Tettey   Howson

Snoddy     Fer     Redderz

RvW

Subs

Bunn,  Garrido, Bennett,  BJ, Murphy, Wes, Hooper

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]BJ for Fer for me, [/quote]

Fer clearly still coming back to fitness (rushed back if we are honest) but for the second game running our creativity walked of the pitch when he was subbed;   essential Fer plays for me.    Quality is what we have missed all season and Fer is one of the few to have it;   too often we fall back on the ball breaking effort guys and it hurts us game after game after game...  

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Unchanged for me, and really cannot understand why anyone would leave out Bradley Johnson, he is a bit like Snodgrass in respect of his high energy and commitment and the team needs that right now surely.[/quote]

Snodgrass and Johnson are at the root of our problems and have been all along.   Very good at times, pretty bad at times.   Johnson can play well but will still make mistakes.  Snodgrass will score goals, but will also stop others from scoring by failing to produce potent crosses.   That is the reality of Norwich City.   Hoolahan can be excellent but can be poor too.    If these players were better overall they would be playing for Liverpool, Tottenham etc etc.  

High energy and commitment, while necessary are not enough.   I would play a team with as much pace in as possible.

Ruddy      Whittaker Martin Turner OllsonE. Bennett   Tettey Fer Howson   Redmond                      RVW

If Bennett not fit, put Redmond on the right and use J. Murphy on the left.