Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

Ratings?

What ratings would you give our players today?

Apart from the first 20 minutes when we were poor and allowed Liverpool too much space, it sounds like many of our players had good games, which has been rare over the last few months. I think we were very unlucky not to get anything out of the game. Hopefully our luck will change over the last 3 games.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Ruddy 9Whittaker 9Turner 9Martin 9Olsson 9Johnson 2Fer 3Howson 9Snodgrass 10Redmond 9Hooper 9SubsRvW 2Murphy 10[/quote]

I expect a certain Mr Cavendish will have something to say about that!

Let me try and be serious on this one.....

Ruddy 7
Whittaker 7
Turner 7
Martin 7
Olsson 8
Johnson 8
Fer 7
Howson 7
Snodgrass 9
Redmond 6
Hooper 7

Subs
RvW 5
Murphy 6

I maybe a little generous, but thought the recvovery and attitude was excellent.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

Let me try and be serious on this one.....

Ruddy 7Whittaker 7Turner 7Martin 7Olsson 8Johnson 8Fer 7Howson 7Snodgrass 9Redmond 6Hooper 7SubsRvW 5Murphy 6

I maybe a little generous, but thought the recvovery and attitude was excellent.

[/quote]

I expect a certain Mr Cavendish will have something to say about that!

It''s all about opinions isn''t it?

Johnson 6? !! Apart from the error for the 3rd goal (costly enough) he was close to being our MoM, along with Howson.

Please lend us your ''tactical'' ear Tom, and explain why you think Olsson, Johnson, Howson and Snodgrass got the marks you gave them.

Also why Hooper, who looked like he was trying to trap a balloon in the first half, got a higher mark than Johnson.

I dont often agree with Toms view but I do think BJ was a 6.    For effort its a 10 - he never gives anything less and that is his great strength  - but it does not outweigh his weaknesses.

Played a key part in all three goals conceeded 2 of which were him without the ball (his apparent strength - his challenge for sterlings first woeful,  he gave up tracking sterling for the second affording him far too much time for the cross,  forcing martin out of position because whittaker had again gone awol) when he was supposed to be the midfield enforcer,  and once again won fewer tackles or challengers than his own colleagues.  

Would agree that BJ deserved a much higher mark than the woeful hooper (4/5) for me.

Ruddy & Fer close to MOTM for me,   lost momentum when latter came off and Ruddy made some crucial saves to at least keep us in the game. Snodgrass prob get its for me (7)