Sign in to follow this  
pete

Europa League

Will new United manager want an extra 12 matches (minimum) when he will be trying to rebuild the team and integrate the £200m new players.

I think not look at what Liverpool have achieved this season without Euro football.

Maybe reason why United will not be busting a gut to

finish 6th. Possible City to be given less of a test at OT on Sunday.

Do you think Man U can attract players without championsleague? New manager and team in transition?

I can''t for the life of me think that they will buy any huge players, Arsenal & Liverpool will no doubt have big budgets and be after the same players as Man U, so it will be interesting to see what team starts after the summer for Manure!

As for not busting a gut, probably not, but they are pro''s and will want to win, so we need a good perfromance to get anything out of the game.

They may well appoint the next manager on his gravitas at attracting new players. E.g. Klopp - Reus & Gundogan, Simeone - Diego Costa and Koke, LVG - RVW and Fer ;-)

Doubt if the players want Europa League either - long trips to the far flung corners of Europe every other week.Most PL games on a Sunday when they could be putting their feet up.Then there''s the added risk of injury for not much in return.And a Europa League medal is not exactly what the likes of RVP, Mata & Rooney are dying to get on their CV.