Sign in to follow this  
andyc24_uk

OK, this is a somewhat out-there suggestion but...

I think everyone agrees that Norwich need to do absolutely everything and anything within our ability to stay in the top flight.

So - Given that Moyes has just been sacked, why not have McNally get on the phone to him right now, and offer him whatever money it takes to join us? 3-game contract, 100k a week or whatever he demands, no commitment for next season but a 1million pound bonus if we stay up.

Put him in the dugout alongside Adams as assistant or joint manager on Sunday, and everybody wins - Moyes gets the chance to go for immediate revenge against United, prove that they were wrong to fire him, put himself in the shop window for a permanent job next season and potentially earn a nice fat bonus with which to buy a new interview suit.

We get a top class manager with vast experience alongside Adams''s passion and motivation;a manager who knows the latest up-to-date information about our opponents and has every reason to use it against them; the media would absolutely wet themselves at the prospect, it would be absolute gold for them in terms of the narrative of the season and we''d have every non-United fan in the country behind us on Sunday. Longer term it would be a huge boost to our stature as a club worldwide as well, which can only be a good thing.

If we stay up, the million plus whatever we''d pay in wages would be pocket change given the earnings from another premiership season. If we go down, we''ve gambled a relatively small amount on wages without any long term commitment. We really can''t lose by trying this IMHO...

It is a valid suggestion but I doubt United will give him £5 million and then let him plot against them on Saturday,

We''re missing something else obvious here too.Suddenly Chris Hughton is available, then they sack Moyes.....

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Moyes doesn''t know our players. Adams does.

What could he possibly offer in the short term?

[/quote]

Exactly, he offers nothing.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Moyes doesn''t know our players. Adams does.

What could he possibly offer in the short term?

[/quote]

Exactly, he offers nothing.

[/quote]You should start a "Moyes out" campaign anyway, just in case[Y]

I just don''t see that at all Morty.

Hughton and his stooges would be a death wish.

Love them or hate them Man. U. have a reputation for attacking play dating back to Georgie B and well  before.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I just don''t see that at all Morty.

Hughton and his stooges would be a death wish.

Love them or hate them Man. U. have a reputation for attacking play dating back to Georgie B and well  before.

[/quote]You don''t perhaps consider that my post was maybe a leetle tongue in cheek?Maybe just a little?

I would never in a million years have predicted that this game will be played out with Ryan Giggs and Neil Adams in opposing dugouts.

We are 5-1 second favourites for Moyes next job.

I suspect if we stay up, there would be a distinct possibility it could happen.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]We are 5-1 second favourites for Moyes next job.

I suspect if we stay up, there would be a distinct possibility it could happen.[/quote]How much do you think we would have to pay him Jimmy?Do you think he''ll be in our price range?

Moyes would be a huge mistake of Hughton proportians![:@]

Moyes will be off to Tyneside - if he wants to get back in quickly. If not I suspect he will take a break, your stock always rises when you take a break :-)

I don''t quite understand the anti Moyes sentiments.

When it comes to choosing managers, the NCFC board have quite a poor record with a debit on the success side.

I believe it is down to luck half the time. In the Prem, most clubs take on managers who have been sacked by someone else at some time. The exceptions like Martinez are few and far between.

Moyes had good records at Preston and Everton and a not so good one at United and its no use offering the excuses of ageing side etc. He took the job knowing that,

His major success was Preston in saving them from relegation, promotion and the play offs the following season.

So he has been in the lower divisions and achieved success,

His transfer dealings don''t appear to have been the best at Everton where his cheaper buys have achieved more success than the expensive ones and the two big buys at United have been failures, so far.

I bet he would be delighted to come to Norwich, Prem status achieved or not. And at his interview he would produce his CV, along with the other candidates.

So it will still come down to a board decision and that I believe is akin to a coin toss at NCFC.

If we stayed up then I would think we could afford him if we wanted him. He''ll be taking a cut on his Utd wages for sure but we''d be a premiership team in it''s 4th year with no massive overheads. We have to create them at some point if we have any ambition. Moyes would be a gamble, but what if he could do to us what he did to Everton for the last decade? Everyone would take that!

Typical quotes coming out of Manchester ''he favoured a slow build up'' ''his tactics meant reduced chances for the forwards'' '' Shame ''cos he is a very nice man''

Remind you of anyone?

If any of you want Moyes, ask any Evertonian!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]If we stayed up then I would think we could afford him if we wanted him. He''ll be taking a cut on his Utd wages for sure but we''d be a premiership team in it''s 4th year with no massive overheads. We have to create them at some point if we have any ambition. Moyes would be a gamble, but what if he could do to us what he did to Everton for the last decade? Everyone would take that![/quote]Step into the real world for a minute Jimmy, we could not afford David Moyes.

[quote user="GenerationA47"]Sorry, that was directed towards Keelan''s Grandad![/quote]

I do remember Roeder getting plaudits when he kept us up of course. But that is the fickle nature of life,

The majority of our successful managers have been promoted from within when they used a two headed coin.

Many supporters will want to go down the road of a "name" probably with the notion that they will attract players.

There is an argument if you enjoy attacking football, which I believe is paramount, to looking in the lower leagues. The tactics tend to be a lot less concerned with the opposition and more on your own ability.

Probably one to watch is Steve Evans. He did a top job with Crawley and has Rotherham on the brink of the Championship. (And he is another Scot!)

In fact look at the brilliant job Nigel Worthington has done at York.

It really is a lottery when appointing someone from outside the club.

Will his family settle in the area? Can he rely on his staff to match his ambition? Can he handle spending millions?

Good luck to whoever gets it.

Good luck, indeed.

Naturally enough, Hughton too got plaudits for our second highest placed finish in the premiership ever, which were not echoed this year (to say the least). The ups, the downs.

And the need to attract good new players from outside the club had taken on even more importance through the years of cut-back youth systems. Let''s hope that is changing, at least, at Norwich. That would open things up more successfully to managers ''from within''.

Crazy getting him here now, BUT he is a top manager, one who we probably could afford but who would be a top choice for a club of our size, crazy to be anti. He had an even bigger poison challice following Fergie than CH had following PL and thats saying something. I find it stunning that some would noy want David Moyes at our club, absolutely stunning, its noy going to happen having said that though.