Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Strangely upbeat

[quote user="lake district canary"]Could you disagree that - "The

Liverpool match we were underdogs, looked like underdogs - gave a worthy

account of ourselves in trying to comeback - but ultimately lost"which is all I wrote about the Liverpool match - or would you rather continue with this rather pointless debate about the worth of one of my posts?[/quote]Not true Lakey. What you did in fact write was to compare the ATMOSPHERE at the two games when in fact, you were only at one of them....."I was at the Spurs game - and yes I know I keep going on about it - but

it was one of the best atmospheres at a match I have been to for a long

time. The only difference against Liverpool........"
Now, I suggest you leave this here and concentrate on telling the fans what to do at Old Trafford on saturday as you have done in every other game this season. You could start by reminding them this is quite an important game and they need to get behind the team. I''m sure they''re not aware of it yet [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]Could you disagree that - "The

Liverpool match we were underdogs, looked like underdogs - gave a worthy

account of ourselves in trying to comeback - but ultimately lost"which is all I wrote about the Liverpool match - or would you rather continue with this rather pointless debate about the worth of one of my posts?[/quote]Not true Lakey. What you did in fact write was to compare the ATMOSPHERE at the two games when in fact, you were only at one of them....."I was at the Spurs game - and yes I know I keep going on about it - but

it was one of the best atmospheres at a match I have been to for a long

time. The only difference against Liverpool........"
Now, I suggest you leave this here and concentrate on telling the fans what to do at Old Trafford on saturday as you have done in every other game this season. You could start by reminding them this is quite an important game and they need to get behind the team. I''m sure they''re not aware of it yet [:S]

[/quote]

Keep it up Lappy.  Do I have to spell it out?  The only difference against Liverpool was the fact that we were chasing the game whereas against Spurs we were never behind.    That has nothing to do with the atmosphere and if you read it as such that says more about your attitude to me than it does about my post.  Full quote for you -  "The only difference against Liverpool was that we were down and came back at them - and that always gets a crowd going" - in other words we were never behind against Spurs but were against Liverpool - different scenarios.

Next?

Lakey, can you kindly fu<k off with your views and spam them someplace else?I dont mind your opinion or you comenting but if you want to argue take it someplace else as this was meant to be a upbeat thread not the Lakey show MkIII. We all know you wanted to wrap sandpaper round your Bradley Johnson and powergaff Chris Hooootan into 2020 leaving him a happier man for it but hes gone and life will be far better without.Frankly your one sided opinions are getting boring and your worse than Wiz.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]

Read it again - fully - absorb it, understand the footballing points being made as regard to comparisons of matches, performances and crowd reaction and then if you don''t have anything to say about it, go out and do some gardening or something useful and leave the board for people who do want to talk about it.[/quote]

I''ve read it again. You''re comparing the crowd''s reaction at two matches....but you were only at one of them. I was at both. And still you tell me to absorb your POV. Yeah, right. [:S]
[/quote]

No, once again you haven''t read it properly - or if you have - you have put your "I was at the match so I know better" hat on.    I am entitled to opinions whether I go to matches or not and can base my opinions on whatever knowledge I have of those matches.  Could you disagree that -

"The Liverpool match we were underdogs, looked like underdogs - gave a worthy account of ourselves in trying to comeback - but ultimately lost"

which is all I wrote about the Liverpool match - or would you rather continue with this rather pointless debate about the worth of one of my posts?

[/quote]

It shows that you were not there, Looked like underdogs! Gave a worthy account! what the hell are you on about?

It was without doubt the best tactical change made by a City manager in over 2 years, to think Liverpool shot 4 past Arsenal in less than 20 minutes and have taken side appart, shows that Adams recognises a problem and rectifies it, the player also responded to his tactics. That showed in the second half when we could have taken a point and no one would have complained.

As for the atmoshpere, it goes to show, all that City fans want to see is a well orgnaised team give it a go agains the best team around in the premiership at the moment.

Spurs game was good, we played OK but we have not played with such an open threat all season and some of you don''t want to see that, then it''s your own opinion, Hughton has gone, he is history and the fans have moved on and are behind the team, just goes to show how much Huhgton was disliked by the end, even if he was a nice chap!

Seriously, does anyone really think we would have played better or got results over the last two weeks under Hughton? it would have been a hammering at Fulham followed by a lacklustre defence collapse agains Liverpool.

I am upbeat to the point that I would like to see Adams given a senior coaching role under whoever comes in over the summer and should Adams want it and get the managers job, I would get behind him if the team carry on as they are, repect and support from me.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I was at the Spurs game - and yes I

know I keep going on about it - but it was one of the best atmospheres

at a match I have been to for a long time.
[/quote][quote user="lake district canary"]That has nothing to do with the atmosphere......[/quote]I''m leaving it there Lakey. Bye. [:D]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Lakey, can you kindly fu<k off with your views and spam them someplace else?I dont mind your opinion or you comenting but if you want to argue take it someplace else as this was meant to be a upbeat thread not the Lakey show MkIII. We all know you wanted to wrap sandpaper round your Bradley Johnson and powergaff Chris Hooootan into 2020 leaving him a happier man for it but hes gone and life will be far better without.Frankly your one sided opinions are getting boring and your worse than Wiz.[/quote]

You f(ck off.  I made perfectly valid posts on this thread which one or two have supported - then Lappdog comes along and tries - unsuccessfully - to dismantle them.  @IndyYou can''t argue we weren''t the underdogs in the match after going 2-0 down,  Indy.   People simply want things their way and that is it. [quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]I was at the Spurs game - and yes I

know I keep going on about it - but it was one of the best atmospheres

at a match I have been to for a long time.
[/quote][quote user="lake district canary"]That has nothing to do with the atmosphere......[/quote]I''m leaving it there Lakey. Bye. [:D][/quote]

You''re leaving it there because you lost the argument sunshine.  I commented on a match I went to then YOU are changing it to saying I was talking about the atmosphere at the Liverpool game.  If you read it through and take it at face value THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Lakey, can you kindly fu<k off with your views and spam them someplace else?
I dont mind your opinion or you comenting but if you want to argue take it someplace else as this was meant to be a upbeat thread not the Lakey show MkIII.
We all know you wanted to wrap sandpaper round your Bradley Johnson and powergaff Chris Hooootan into 2020 leaving him a happier man for it but hes gone and life will be far better without.
Frankly your one sided opinions are getting boring and your worse than Wiz.
[/quote]

You f(ck off.  I made perfectly valid posts on this thread which one or two have supported - then Lappdog comes along and tries - unsuccessfully - to dismantle them. 

@Indy
You can''t argue we weren''t the underdogs in the match after going 2-0 down,  Indy.   People simply want things their way and that is it.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]I was at the Spurs game - and yes I know I keep going on about it - but it was one of the best atmospheres at a match I have been to for a long time.[/quote][quote user="lake district canary"]That has nothing to do with the atmosphere......[/quote]I''m leaving it there Lakey. Bye. [:D]
[/quote]

You''re leaving it there because you lost the argument sunshine.  I commented on a match I went to then YOU are changing it to saying I was talking about the atmosphere at the Liverpool game.  If you read it through and take it at face value THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN. 

[/quote]

No LDC, we didn''t pay anyhing like underdogs, we played like lions and the crowd responded to it!

Certain people on here like yourself want it your way, you want all of us to say Hughton would have done the same, got the same response from the crowd and that''s just never going to happen, that was the best reaction this set of players have been given by the fans and we lost! that says everything you pro Hughtoners need to know!

[quote user="Indy"]No LDC, we didn''t pay anyhing like underdogs, we played like lions and the crowd responded to it!

Certain people on here like yourself want it your way, you want all of us to say Hughton would have done the same, got the same response from the crowd and that''s just never going to happen, that was the best reaction this set of players have been given by the fans and we lost! that says everything you pro Hughtoners need to know![/quote]

NO! NO! NO!  That is just what people want to read into it.  I said earlier in the thread that we should evaluate games regardless of who is the manager! 

And I''m sorry, but at 2-0 down against the champions elect, you are an underdog, whether you like it or not.

[quote user="Indy"]

No LDC, we didn''t pay anyhing like underdogs, we played like lions and the crowd responded to it!

Certain people on here like yourself want it your way, you want all of us to say Hughton would have done the same, got the same response from the crowd and that''s just never going to happen, that was the best reaction this set of players have been given by the fans and we lost! that says everything you pro Hughtoners need to know!

[/quote]

This lakey. Hes right, the atmosphere and reaction to a LOSS against Liverpool was not seen at Carrow road since perhaps the draw against Manure last season or the Prem promotion run under Lambert.We have NOT seen a reaction like this all season. Face it under clueless we would NEVER have scored one goal let alone 2, and he would have bought Elemander on for Redmond or something around the 75th.With Bass and Yobo at the back we would have been smashed about 5-0. If you disagree your on drugs tbh mate.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Indy"]No LDC, we didn''t pay anyhing like underdogs, we played like lions and the crowd responded to it!

Certain people on here like yourself want it your way, you want all of us to say Hughton would have done the same, got the same response from the crowd and that''s just never going to happen, that was the best reaction this set of players have been given by the fans and we lost! that says everything you pro Hughtoners need to know![/quote]

This lakey. Hes right, the atmosphere and reaction to a LOSS against Liverpool was not seen at Carrow road since perhaps the draw against Manure last season or the Prem promotion run under Lambert.  We have NOT seen a reaction like this all season. Face it under clueless we would NEVER have scored one goal let alone 2, and he would have bought Elemander on for Redmond or something around the 75th. With Bass and Yobo at the back we would have been smashed about 5-0. If you disagree your on drugs tbh mate.[/quote]

I can''t disagree with that and wouldn''t.   The fact that it was a loss and had that reaction speaks volumes, but I will not sit here and let people say we have had no other emotional matches this season, which is what some were saying earlier in this thread - and why I joined it.

[quote user="morty"]Lol, not doing too well today, are you Lakey?[:D][/quote]

I''m doing absolutely fine Morty, I can''t help it if some people are unable to understand the English language. 

Lappinitup could do with some sympathy though, as he''s tried to find fault and failed miserably. 

One last try Lakey. Here is the post you replied to[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Fleckys Flip-Flop"]Spot on Nutty. Spot on.

It was the best atmosphere at Carrow Road all season
[/quote]

I was at the Spurs game - and yes I know I keep going on about it - but it was one of the best atmospheres at a match I have been to for a long time.[/quote]FFF was talking about the atmosphere at the Liverpool game...You compared it with the Spurs game....And then decided atmosphere had nothing to do with it after all even though that was what they were discussing....[quote user="lake district canary"]The only difference against Liverpool

was the fact that we were chasing the game whereas against Spurs we

were never behind.    That has nothing to do with the atmosphere[/quote][:S]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Lol, not doing too well today, are you Lakey?[:D][/quote]

I''m doing absolutely fine Morty, I can''t help it if some people are unable to understand the English language. 

Lappinitup could do with some sympathy though, as he''s tried to find fault and failed miserably. 

[/quote]How can you compare the atmosphere of the Spurs game to the Liverpool game when :-1. You didn''t even go to the Liverpool game.2. You admitted you didn''t even watch the game by some other means.I don''t get it.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Lol, not doing too well today, are you Lakey?[:D][/quote]I''m doing absolutely fine Morty, I can''t help it if some people are unable to understand the English language.  Lappinitup could do with some sympathy though, as he''s tried to find fault and failed miserably.  [/quote]How can you compare the atmosphere of the Spurs game to the Liverpool game when :-1. You didn''t even go to the Liverpool game.2. You admitted you didn''t even watch the game by some other means.I don''t get it.

[/quote]

Oh boy.  One last try. I came on this thread because someone said they hadn''t been to any emotional games at CR this season. I merely pointed out that I had.  Then along comes Lappinitup twisting things around to try and show I was talking about the atmosphere at the Liverpool game. I was not.  The evidence is in the thread and it is in my favour, however much people would like to try and twist it.   Lappinitup''s last effort, quoting two different parts of two different sentences in an attempt to wriggle free is laughable and anyone who reads this through will see this, not that anyone will.....

One factor which for me set the the Liverpool match on Easter Sunday apart from all others this season was the relief that having gone down 2- 0 within the first 15 minutes we did not end up being hammered 5,6,7 or even 8-0 which would have most probably been the case had Hughton been in charge. As the match unfolded, my first emotion was one of relief that it was becoming clearer and clearer that this was not going to be the latest in a series of hideous, hughmiliating “Hughton” hidings. This then evolved into a feeling of real hope that we could turn the game around, against Liverpool of all teams, then finally a sense of combined joy and huge relief that our boys had shown grit, commitment, determination, hunger and desire and so restored pride back in themselves and their supporters. The point being that all of that highly charged emotion was absent during Hughton’s tenure and thus sets this game poles part from any other this season.

I was at neither game, so what I will say is - the Liverpool game we could have lost 3 - 5 and none would have complained, how we beat Spurs 1-0 I don''t know, that could easily have been 1 - 3. What''s very apparent is the team yesterday was looking for the ball, movement was good, passion was there.... I very much doubt if CH could have got that kind of display out of the team. as right from the very first friendly against Ajax it was clear that was not his style....

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]It was with a semi heavy heart we bit Chris Hughton good bye. I wanted him as our manager when Lambo left and by around October it was clear something was wrong and he was not the man for the job. Hindsight clearly says he should have gone in January.
I have a good feeling about the end of this season and Adams certainly is doing everything so far right. He talks a good game and the players gave thier all on Saturday.
Have to admit that emotions were high and no one can argue everything was given on saturday, substitutions were spot on and other than Olsson needing to change his boot / stud selection things looked good. Nerves let us down on the first two goals and Whit''s at times looked static that criticism aside the entire team looked good and capable of creating chances.
I actually thought that after the Liverpool game we can stay up, we gave the top side in England who are on a massive unbeaten run a real shock and made them play for the win. We havent witnessed football like that since.... yes im going to say it, Lambert.
For me some of the real high points against Liverpool were the fact that when we scored the crowd went nuts, it was obvious the players fed off this and really upped thier play. Even at Liverpool''s 3rd we ( the fans) kept up and the boys fought to the end.
I actually felt quite emoitonal at the final whistle when the whole Norwich squad fell to their knees, they had given everything and the standing ovation from the fans showed them this.
I actually think we can stay up and think Adams will be a good long term appointment, Brendan Rogers obviously has a lot of respect for him.
Strange positive post from me but with all the negativity over recent months I thought it about time !
OTBC, we can do this and in the words of the cook (sort of ) The boys will need a 12th man in our remaining games !
[/quote]

Nothing to add except good post. Cheers Nexus[Y]

Lakey i was at both games and i think the main difference is liverpool are red hot and blowing away everyone in there path whilst spurs are absolute gash in comparison...  against liverpool everyone was united by 2 things 1. getting behind adams because he isn''t hughton 2. a pathological dislike of scousersagainst spurs i was bored rigid because hughton had destroyed all enthusiasm i had for going to support my team and for that i hate him... i really do feel sorry for the next team this good solid "football man" rocks up at.The bloke is a complete and utter tw@t.Whatever happens now the relief of hughton having gone will make every supporter apart from you and mrs miggins feel 100 times better about norwich city  and probably life in general. OTBC

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

No, Lakey''s right. There wasn''t a lot different from other big performances this season. The main differenced was WE liked it better. No place for Wes even on the bench. Not a great first half but the fans stayed with the team and didn''t boo. Late making subs but we were tolerant and didn''t start chanting their names. Hooper off and RVW on. A cardinal sin before but in this game welcomed. Not a mention of Becchio. Don''t get me wrong, I''m not complaining I enjoyed the atmosphere and new found belief from the fans. Staying with the team made a massive difference and we can all move forward from that second half together and in good spirits.

[/quote]I would disagree entirely with that Nigel, especially re cardinal sins. Subs were good at a good time and swaps that were needed Ie: pace. Wes is hot and cold and we all know deep down he wants out. First half was great considering Liverpools explosive nature. And lets not forget they are one of the top teams with one of the top runs in Europe at the moment.[/quote]

LOL Nex! You disagree entirely but your text seems to agree[;)]

[quote user="im spartacus"]Lakey i was at both games and i think the main difference is liverpool are red hot and blowing away everyone in there path whilst spurs are absolute gash in comparison...  against liverpool everyone was united by 2 things 1. getting behind adams because he isn''t hughton 2. a pathological dislike of scousersagainst spurs i was bored rigid because hughton had destroyed all enthusiasm i had for going to support my team and for that i hate him... i really do feel sorry for the next team this good solid "football man" rocks up at.The bloke is a complete and utter tw@t.Whatever happens now the relief of hughton having gone will make every supporter apart from you and mrs miggins feel 100 times better about norwich city  and probably life in general. OTBC[/quote]Again top post Spartacus, couldnt agree more with Hughton being a enthusiasm vampire.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

LOL Nex! You disagree entirely but your text seems to agree[;)]

[/quote]LOL, well im just saying that I think this was by far the most emotional game we have had in years ( Spartacus sums it up very well to be fair ) Other than a few fans Hughton had lost us and killed all of the soul in the players and the fans. You cant doubt that :-(Do some of you guys (Lakey perhaps?) honestly think we would have scored 1 or 2 at 0-2 under Hughton? We looked lost against WBA when attacking utterly lost.As pointed out by someone else we would have been spanked off the field if Chris was still in charge. I dont hate the bloke , hes very likeable.... as is my ex girlfriend. lol.

As I said we liked some of the same old apples better. And I enjoyed being amongst people looking for positives rather than negatives.

In life ( this will shock you) im really upbeat and happy go lucky Nigel. Hughton sucked that right out of me in regards to football, have to admit going to Carrow Road was becoming a chore. Id sit as Bassong passed to Yobo and back again thinking, I could be doing my garden, or out with my mates, or on a date with a fine maiden, or even taking a poo. What am I doing wasting my Saturday here ?!Finally following the Liverpool game I remember what it is to care and want to be at the football and knowing that the best orgasm in the world comes second to the moment your team scores a goal ;-)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So what was it you totally disagreed with about my post[:^)]

[;)]

[/quote]Hehe, i think this was our performance of the season. I think the Spurs game (again as pointed out by Spartacus) was more down to them being crap than us being good. The Liverpool game actually had Liverpool fans scared ( the ones ive talked to) they really saw us on the verge of equalising and for the first time I think the whole of the Norwich faithfull did as well ! Although I guess you are right in the way that the fans went into it with more belief.

I didn''t mention the Spurs game. I actually thought Spurs were poor that day. I thought the man Citeh performance was much better.

What I was referring to was : -

The tolerant attitude to going in 2-0 down.

The same players reappearing for ther second half.

No subs until late in the game.

When they came we took off Hooper to accomodate RVW instead of playing him with RVW.

Hoolahan nowhere, not even on the bench.

No Becchio to cheer.

But we all stayed positive and with the team regardless. Something I always believe in.