Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Strangely upbeat

It was with a semi heavy heart we bit Chris Hughton good bye. I wanted him as our manager when Lambo left and by around October it was clear something was wrong and he was not the man for the job. Hindsight clearly says he should have gone in January.I have a good feeling about the end of this season and Adams certainly is doing everything so far right. He talks a good game and the players gave thier all on Saturday.Have to admit that emotions were high and no one can argue everything was given on saturday, substitutions were spot on and other than Olsson needing to change his boot / stud selection things looked good. Nerves let us down on the first two goals and Whit''s at times looked static that criticism aside the entire team looked good and capable of creating chances.I actually thought that after the Liverpool game we can stay up, we gave the top side in England who are on a massive unbeaten run a real shock and made them play for the win. We havent witnessed football like that since.... yes im going to say it, Lambert.For me some of the real high points against Liverpool were the fact that when we scored the crowd went nuts, it was obvious the players fed off this and really upped thier play. Even at Liverpool''s 3rd we ( the fans) kept up and the boys fought to the end.I actually felt quite emoitonal at the final whistle when the whole Norwich squad fell to their knees, they had given everything and the standing ovation from the fans showed them this.I actually think we can stay up and think Adams will be a good long term appointment, Brendan Rogers obviously has a lot of respect for him.Strange positive post from me but with all the negativity over recent months I thought it about time !OTBC, we can do this and in the words of the cook (sort of ) The boys will need a 12th man in our remaining games !

" I actually felt quite emoitonal at the final whistle when the whole Norwich squad fell to their knees, they had given everything and the standing ovation from the fans showed them this. "

And IMO this is what supporters want more than anything else. Yes, wins are great and triumphs even better, but above all we want connection to our team, for the players to be an extension of our hopes and dreams. When they give it their all, that''s when we have a real community, all of the different passions blur together and life just seems sweeter, despite our individual issues or the darn weather.

It''s something Lambert gave to the City after all the years of doldrum, and it''s something Hughton was so badly lacking in his approach. Maybe the results were O.K for one of the lowest spending teams in the league, but all the passion was being sucked out of the crowd, the team and hence the club.

Who knows if the Adams experiment ultimately will be successful, but I think it''s fair to say the initial games look promising and I''m enjoying observing the results, even though it''s only from far away...

i felt emotional as well, it was weird but as the players dropped to their knees i was almost crying, i felt a huge amount of pride in the team and i felt proud to be a norwich city supporter, i felt defiant it was like we got our club back [:D]

Agreed, that was the nearest I''d got to a tear, since March 24th 1985!

It almost felt like that was a relegation day, but of course, it was all about the performance and pride, and we have 3 more games left.

Yes it was emotional at the end, i do not mind losing with performances like that. I was also angry because it showed we should not be where we are and that CH constrained the players from their natural game for so long, scraping a win every time he was due for the sack. I wonder what the emotions will be like after the Arsenal game. I have seen many many relegation''s over the years but this one promises to be the worst if it happens because it was so avoidable and i think it will be a long time before confidence in the board returns

I think we do Liverpool a disservice by saying we started poorly, yep maybe we should have been closer to Stirling and picked up Suarez for his goal, bu Livepool have busrt out of the block in most games this year, they are a good side!

After 15 minutes we picked up the pace and got closer and the second half was great to see a well organised and hard working side for a change!

And I too feel we have made a huge step forward with Adams, shame i was five games too late!

One last thing those who think the game is all about the points and not performance should take note of 22,000 City fans applauding the side off for actually putting in a great shift. Long may it continue!

Liverpool did get off to a cracking start, there was a risk we would capitulate at 2 nill down, it really was good to see us fighting back.

Contrast that with the way we played against West Brom, losing at home and our response was almost one of paralysis, confined in large part to futile passing across the back four.

I think the fans reaction was partly about relief, relief that our team has started to show some real fight and endeavour.

I, too, feel upbeat. We now have a (temporary) manager who seems to be able to get the team to play somewhere near their best, and it would not require a massive change in luck for us to achieve a major surprise. We are now giving such a good account of ourselves that I would not write anything as impossible.

Keep it up NA and his men! I hope you feel as confident as I feel!

[quote user="im spartacus"]i felt emotional as well, it was weird but as the players dropped to their knees i was almost crying, i felt a huge amount of pride in the team and i felt proud to be a norwich city supporter, i felt defiant it was like we got our club back [:D]
[/quote]

Bloody Huzzah Spartacus! [Y]

Can someone tell me what happened at the end of the game? Didn''t catch that bit

[quote user="im spartacus"]i felt emotional as well, it was weird but as the players dropped to their knees i was almost crying, i felt a huge amount of pride in the team and i felt proud to be a norwich city supporter, i felt defiant it was like we got our club back [:D][/quote]Love it ! Seems the general consensus, I actually did well up quite a bit so glad it wasnt just me !

[quote user="Nicko"]Can someone tell me what happened at the end of the game? Didn''t catch that bit[/quote]When the final whistle went the entire Norwich team just fell to thier kness in disapointment. Snoddy had his head at the heavens and was screaming all manor of glasweigen before also dropping.The entire Norwich fan base stood and applauded the team drowning out the celebrating scousers. The players seemed to look at each other a bit in disbelief ( bare in mind they were aggresively booed off last time at home ) as they got to thier feet ( Snoddy still screaming at anything listening to him in the heavens) a chant of Yellows went around the ground.Im not sure if it was the connection with the players ( when they all dropped ) or the fact everyone was behind them despite the loss that really touched a lot of us to almost tears. Martin, Snoody, Johnson and Redmond were very appreciative of the fans and walked to the Jarold barrier clapping to be met with a standing ovation and the continued Yellows chant.I think we all felt that we had got our club and team back.Also of note is Brendan Rogers had a very long chat ( for sideline managers) with Adams, put his arm round him and was wispering to him for a good couple of minutes.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Yes it was emotional at the end, i do not mind losing with performances like that. I was also angry because it showed we should not be where we are and that CH constrained the players from their natural game for so long, scraping a win every time he was due for the sack. I wonder what the emotions will be like after the Arsenal game. I have seen many many relegation''s over the years but this one promises to be the worst if it happens because it was so avoidable and i think it will be a long time before confidence in the board returns[/quote]

Sums it up for me Yorkshire. Lost count of the relegations and always sad, but this has been culpable as it seemed inevitable from way back.  The roll of the dice against Fulham hasn''t worked. We now have a better level of commitment , but the legacy that CH has left, particularly the front players , is such that the mountain to climb is just too high.

Still we''ll be there again next year. Let''s hope we get Bournemouth in the late summer.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="im spartacus"]i felt emotional as well, it was weird but as the players dropped to their knees i was almost crying, i felt a huge amount of pride in the team and i felt proud to be a norwich city supporter, i felt defiant it was like we got our club back [:D][/quote]Love it ! Seems the general consensus, I actually did well up quite a bit so glad it wasnt just me ! [/quote]

So nobody welled up a bit at the Spurs game, or the Man City game?   I find that hard to believe, two equally excellent performances. I know I did, particularly at the Spurs game - and yes I was at both those.   And we got points out of them too.  I''m all for welling up when we can be proud, but its not dependent on who the manager is nor is it dependent on this we "got our club back" nonsense.    Its always been our club and we have had some good and bad over the last two years.  Its not as black and white as people like to make out.    Some performances we have had since Lambert left have been terrific, both this season and last - and no this is not some Hughton love in - it is saying it how it is.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="im spartacus"]i felt emotional as well, it was weird but as the players dropped to their knees i was almost crying, i felt a huge amount of pride in the team and i felt proud to be a norwich city supporter, i felt defiant it was like we got our club back [:D][/quote]Love it ! Seems the general consensus, I actually did well up quite a bit so glad it wasnt just me ! [/quote]

So nobody welled up a bit at the Spurs game, or the Man City game?   I find that hard to believe, two equally excellent performances. I know I did, particularly at the Spurs game - and yes I was at both those.   And we got points out of them too.  I''m all for welling up when we can be proud, but its not dependent on who the manager is nor is it dependent on this we "got our club back" nonsense.    Its always been our club and we have had some good and bad over the last two years.  Its not as black and white as people like to make out.    Some performances we have had since Lambert left have been terrific, both this season and last - and no this is not some Hughton love in - it is saying it how it is.  

[/quote]Give it a rest Lakey. The general consensus was Lucky Hoots once again. He had a way of getting that lucky victory which probably kept him in a job, this ended with West Brom and should have ended with West Ham.Its the fact that his sideways passing was one of the keys, actually dont see why he didnt play Fox. That lad can slide a pass sideways like the best of them, figured he would be first name on the sheet.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Nicko"]Can someone tell me what happened at the end of the game? Didn''t catch that bit[/quote]When the final whistle went the entire Norwich team just fell to thier kness in disapointment. Snoddy had his head at the heavens and was screaming all manor of glasweigen before also dropping.The entire Norwich fan base stood and applauded the team drowning out the celebrating scousers. The players seemed to look at each other a bit in disbelief ( bare in mind they were aggresively booed off last time at home ) as they got to thier feet ( Snoddy still screaming at anything listening to him in the heavens) a chant of Yellows went around the ground.Im not sure if it was the connection with the players ( when they all dropped ) or the fact everyone was behind them despite the loss that really touched a lot of us to almost tears. Martin, Snoody, Johnson and Redmond were very appreciative of the fans and walked to the Jarold barrier clapping to be met with a standing ovation and the continued Yellows chant.I think we all felt that we had got our club and team back.Also of note is Brendan Rogers had a very long chat ( for sideline managers) with Adams, put his arm round him and was wispering to him for a good couple of minutes.[/quote]

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="im spartacus"]i felt emotional as well, it was weird but as the players dropped to their knees i was almost crying, i felt a huge amount of pride in the team and i felt proud to be a norwich city supporter, i felt defiant it was like we got our club back [:D][/quote]Love it ! Seems the general consensus, I actually did well up quite a bit so glad it wasnt just me ! [/quote]

[/quote]Give it a rest Lakey. The general consensus was Lucky Hoots once again. He had a way of getting that lucky victory which probably kept him in a job, this ended with West Brom and should have ended with West Ham.Its the fact that his sideways passing was one of the keys, actually dont see why he didnt play Fox. That lad can slide a pass sideways like the best of them, figured he would be first name on the sheet.[/quote]

No, Lakey''s right. There wasn''t a lot different from other big performances this season. The main differenced was WE liked it better. No place for Wes even on the bench. Not a great first half but the fans stayed with the team and didn''t boo. Late making subs but we were tolerant and didn''t start chanting their names. Hooper off and RVW on. A cardinal sin before but in this game welcomed. Not a mention of Becchio. Don''t get me wrong, I''m not complaining I enjoyed the atmosphere and new found belief from the fans. Staying with the team made a massive difference and we can all move forward from that second half together and in good spirits.

[quote user="Jenkins"]So here we have the upbeat thread and up pops Yorkshire with his tales of woe, come on man, pull yourself together![/quote]

Faith and Loyalty are great. Blind faith starts to be a tad silly. You sound a bit like one of those Japanese soldiers still fighting the war on a desert island 40 years after it was all finished. Do i hope we stay up of course i do, do i expect to stay up , no i do not but would love to be proved wrong, will i be there next season, yes even if we were in the conference. I am still very angry that this situation should not have happened. If it had after season 1 fair enough, going into season 3 with all the investment etc and supposedly in the best financial place in our history no way

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

No, Lakey''s right. There wasn''t a lot different from other big performances this season. The main differenced was WE liked it better. No place for Wes even on the bench. Not a great first half but the fans stayed with the team and didn''t boo. Late making subs but we were tolerant and didn''t start chanting their names. Hooper off and RVW on. A cardinal sin before but in this game welcomed. Not a mention of Becchio. Don''t get me wrong, I''m not complaining I enjoyed the atmosphere and new found belief from the fans. Staying with the team made a massive difference and we can all move forward from that second half together and in good spirits.

[/quote]I would disagree entirely with that Nigel, especially re cardinal sins. Subs were good at a good time and swaps that were needed Ie: pace. Wes is hot and cold and we all know deep down he wants out. First half was great considering Liverpools explosive nature. And lets not forget they are one of the top teams with one of the top runs in Europe at the moment.

Spot on Nutty. Spot on.

It was the best atmosphere at Carrow Road all season, but not the best performance. It was a good one, don''t get me wrong, but too many silly errors at both ends let us down. I can''t help but feel that people are getting carried away, but if it makes CR a good place to watch footy again I''m all for it!

[quote user="Fleckys Flip-Flop"]Spot on Nutty. Spot on.

It was the best atmosphere at Carrow Road all season, but not the best performance. It was a good one, don''t get me wrong, but too many silly errors at both ends let us down. I can''t help but feel that people are getting carried away, but if it makes CR a good place to watch footy again I''m all for it![/quote]

I was at the Spurs game - and yes I know I keep going on about it - but it was one of the best atmospheres at a match I have been to for a long time. The only difference against Liverpool was that we were down and came back at them - and that always gets a crowd going.  But the truth is in that Spurs game - we were worthy winners, won the midfield battle and battled to the end to make sure we won the match - and the subs helped that.  For me it was everything that I would expect from a grown  up premiership club - and it filled me with pride.   

The Liverpool match we were underdogs, looked like underdogs - gave a worthy account of ourselves in trying to comeback - but ultimately lost.    I wasn''t there but would have felt the pride there too of course, had I gone, but I just wish people would see everything as it is and not with prejudice.   Re-writing history is something we should avoid, otherwise we forget the good things and only remember the bad.   

But I agree Flecky, the positivity can only be a good thing for the matches coming up.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]I was at the Spurs game - and yes I know I keep going on about it[/quote]Did you really go the the Spurs game Lakey?We would never have known if you hadn''t told us 377 times. [+o(]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]I was at the Spurs game - and yes I know I keep going on about it[/quote]Did you really go the the Spurs game Lakey?We would never have known if you hadn''t told us 377 times. [+o(][/quote]

Do you ever have anything to say about the footballing points on here or is it your sole mission in life to be a spoiler? 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]I was at the Spurs game - and yes I know I keep going on about it[/quote]Did you really go the the Spurs game Lakey?We would never have known if you hadn''t told us 377 times. [+o(][/quote]

Do you ever have anything to say about the footballing points on here or is it your sole mission in life to be a spoiler? [/quote]What footballing point are you trying to make by repeating over and over you went to a game?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]I was at the Spurs game - and yes I know I keep going on about it[/quote]Did you really go the the Spurs game Lakey?We would never have known if you hadn''t told us 377 times. [+o(][/quote]

Do you ever have anything to say about the footballing points on here or is it your sole mission in life to be a spoiler? [/quote]What footballing point are you trying to make by repeating over and over you went to a game?[/quote]

Read it again - fully - absorb it, understand the footballing points being made as regard to comparisons of matches, performances and crowd reaction and then if you don''t have anything to say about it, go out and do some gardening or something useful and leave the board for people who do want to talk about it.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Read it again - fully - absorb it, understand the footballing points being made as regard to comparisons of matches, performances and crowd reaction and then if you don''t have anything to say about it, go out and do some gardening or something useful and leave the board for people who do want to talk about it.[/quote]I''ve read it again. You''re comparing the crowd''s reaction at two matches....but you were only at one of them. I was at both. And still you tell me to absorb your POV. Yeah, right. [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]Read it again - fully - absorb it, understand the footballing points being made as regard to comparisons of matches, performances and crowd reaction and then if you don''t have anything to say about it, go out and do some gardening or something useful and leave the board for people who do want to talk about it.[/quote]I''ve read it again. You''re comparing the crowd''s reaction at two matches....but you were only at one of them. I was at both. And still you tell me to absorb your POV. Yeah, right. [:S][/quote]

No, once again you haven''t read it properly - or if you have - you have put your "I was at the match so I know better" hat on.    I am entitled to opinions whether I go to matches or not and can base my opinions on whatever knowledge I have of those matches.  Could you disagree that - "The

Liverpool match we were underdogs, looked like underdogs - gave a worthy

account of ourselves in trying to comeback - but ultimately lost"which is all I wrote about the Liverpool match - or would you rather continue with this rather pointless debate about the worth of one of my posts?