Sign in to follow this  
Jacks Back

3 years ago today...

The best game of my life. I remember the guy next to me nearly getting his 6 year old boy to pitch invade after we scored the 5th! I don''t think i''ll ever see a game better than that

Sadly despite all efforts I could not get a ticket for the Portaloo, so I went to the ''Beam back'' at Carrow Rd. ..fantastic atmosphere, could even take beers to your seat.

Riverside was buzzing with after match celebrations......

Magic.

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"]Sadly despite all efforts I could not get a ticket for the Portaloo, so I went to the ''Beam back'' at Carrow Rd. ..fantastic atmosphere, could even take beers to your seat.

Riverside was buzzing with after match celebrations......

Magic.[/quote]I watched it in one of the lounges.Utter, utter chaos, much beer spilled.Brilliant evening[:D]

Maybe the next Derby is not too far away ?

The Binners take on Bournemouth today in an attempt to join us in next years Premiership......

If Carlsberg did Norwich away victories they would probably do this one. [:D]

A night only beaten on 6th January 1989 when my daughter was born.

I drove 250 miles to the beam back at CR and it was the best £10 I ever spent - great memories.

As were Derby at home and Portsmouth away.

Much better memories and experiences than in the three seasons since.

Just sayin....

I couldn''t get a ticket in the away end so had to make do with buying one as close as I could to the city fans in the upper cobbald.. The scum fans were trying to kick off outside before the game and the old bill kept a load or city fans outside for the opening 20 odd minutes, and I was with them - the city fans were getting pissed off and when surman scored and we heard the roar they surged towards the turnstiles to get in. I got carried along with them, threw my ticket at the guy behind the counter and sprinted upstairs.. I was so happy to be in the ''right'' end and with what happened over the next 70 odd mins I really do think it was the best night of my life to date.. Still makes me tingle thinking about it! There''s no way I wouldn''t have been kicked out for cheering if I''d ended up in my original seat and to be able to sing and celebrate with city fans made an awesome night extra special.. Ps I don''t condone fans (Liverpool) who do this deliberately by the way.

I was at the beam back to Carrow Road with my father who is sadly no longer with me. I will remember that night for as long as I live, not only for the result but for one of the greatest moments I spent with my father, was a truly great night!

That''s a wonderful memory to hold onto, much more important than the outcome of the next few games, after all if the worst happens it will be just a matter of time before we enjoy the excitement of another promotion run in!

Adycakes wrote the following post at 22/04/2014 10:41 AM:

I was at the beam back to Carrow Road with my father who is sadly no longer with me. I will remember that night for as long as I live, not only for the result but for one of the greatest moments I spent with my father, was a truly great night!

The atmosphere at the beam back was phenomenal, felt so jealous of the fans that actually went to the game, what a night.

I was in Scotland and had to listen to it on the radio Neeaaaal... Or more realistically my old man was at the beem back at Carrow and furiously texting me every play by play !