Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Scouting thoughts...

I have been saying for a long time that Snodgrass should be more central in support of Hooper as they are the greatest goal threats and show signs of an understanding. I have also been saying that I would select Whittaker at right-back. I like how he links with Snodgrass & Hooper, makes good runs off the ball, and looks to get the ball into the box early. Norwich are not going to get any points from the final 3 matches unless they address the major problem in central midfield of not tracking opposition runs. Tettey is the only one that has been consistently good at doing that.I think Norwich would have had a better chance of earning points from the recent Fulham and Liverpool matches if Tettey had been selected in front of the back 4. This also gives his fellow midfielders greater freedom to play to their strengths going forwards. When starting with Tettey & Fer, Norwich have stopped Spurs, Stoke, Cardiff, and Man City from scoring.My biggest issue with RvW is that he has rarely been in the right positions to score. He needs to stay central high up the pitch rather than get left behind in midfield. It seems that he has now started to do that resulting in good chances to score against Fulham and Liverpool.Depending upon fitness levels etc. I would look to bring Tettey & Yobo into the starting team. I would also consider Jonas for Fer''s position from the bench.

How is that scouting thoughts?

That''s just your opinion, which I happen to agree with re: tettey

Is he fit though?

[quote user="tom cavendish"]I have been saying for a long time that Snodgrass should be more central in support of Hooper [/quote]

That may be so Tom but the last two games have not shown that to be a viable solution,   that experiment was abandoned after 20 mins at the weekend and we looked much better when Snoddy reverted to his much more effective right flank position.    Snoddy in the middle may prove effective once the team have adjusted to it (eg by working on it over the summer)  but right now its not working and we should play to our strengths.   

Which is where you are spot on for both Tettey & Yobo

Hooper in both appearances for Adams has looked extremely poor and the only disinterested player,   as such my personal preference remains RvW. 

We all know your views on Martin and so your whittaker preference - so fair plays;  I just happen to disagree.