Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Moyes Gone

This is bad news, and once again suggests that at some time this year I have unwittingly walked under a ladder, accidentally kicked a black cat , and opened my favourite umbrella indoors all at the same time.  

I would suggest 50p on a Danny "suddenly life is great again" Wellback hat trick. [:''(]

This is extremely bad timing for Norwich City.

The MU supporters have been wanting him long gone, so it will give the crowd a massive lift.

I wouldn''t be surprised if many of their players will be relieved, and will get a massive list.

Giggs will want to prove he''s a valid candidate and will set out a team in his own image, to attack and score goals.

There is little chance that Nani will be selected.

And lastly, the media will be there, gagging for an uplifting story for their papers the next day, and will delight in a good ManU story.

Overall, it doesn''t look good for NCFC.......if only the ManU board could have hung out for one more match.........

[quote user="unique"]This is extremely bad timing for Norwich City. The MU supporters have been wanting him long gone, so it will give the crowd a massive lift. I wouldn''t be surprised if many of their players will be relieved, and will get a massive list. Giggs will want to prove he''s a valid candidate and will set out a team in his own image, to attack and score goals. There is little chance that Nani will be selected. And lastly, the media will be there, gagging for an uplifting story for their papers the next day, and will delight in a good ManU story. Overall, it doesn''t look good for NCFC.......if only the ManU board could have hung out for one more match.........[/quote]

and Moyes knows every united player inside out, all of their strengths and weaknesses, he will be determined to over come his sacking and make a point...

What better way to do it than to appoint him in time for saturdays game.. Fire in his belly and guiding us to victory before flicking the V''s (proverbialy) at the united board...

Doesn''t know our players??? no problem.. Adams does, and would work with Moyes to ensure the clubs safety for the remainder of the season before going back to work with the youth....

[quote user="El Convento"]I suspect that this won''t help us. There are all sorts of reasons why Moyes'' departure will lift them, even if only for a short while. On the other hand, I''m looking forward to hearing Lineker, Savage and co flaying the ManU board for their ''bonkers'' decision to change managers with only four games to go! Like hell![/quote]

Exactly.  Why is it OK for Man U to sack Moyes and replace him with a caretaker who has no managerial experience, but it doesn''t make sense for City - with relegation at stake - to sack Hughton and bring in a caretaker who has been a successful manager at youth team level ?

When I said the Hughton/Adams decision was the right one IMO last week, I was told that I was seeing it with my "Norwich fan spectacles on" and outsiders couldn''t understand why we''d swapped an experienced manager for someone with no Prem experience so late in the season.

Well, all I can say is that the Man U board are obviously on the same wavelength !

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[quote user="El Convento"]I suspect that this won''t help us. There are all sorts of reasons why Moyes'' departure will lift them, even if only for a short while. On the other hand, I''m looking forward to hearing Lineker, Savage and co flaying the ManU board for their ''bonkers'' decision to change managers with only four games to go! Like hell![/quote]

Exactly.  Why is it OK for Man U to sack Moyes and replace him with a caretaker who has no managerial experience, but it doesn''t make sense for City - with relegation at stake - to sack Hughton and bring in a caretaker who has been a successful manager at youth team level ?

When I said the Hughton/Adams decision was the right one IMO last week, I was told that I was seeing it with my "Norwich fan spectacles on" and outsiders couldn''t understand why we''d swapped an experienced manager for someone with no Prem experience so late in the season.

Well, all I can say is that the Man U board are obviously on the same wavelength !

[/quote]There is a fundamental difference though.Man Utd have nothing whatsoever to play for, we have everything.

We were going to lose regardless of today''s decision.

Arsenal is our only real remaining chance of points.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]

OK, Morty, granted. I was just being spiteful...

[/quote]There is a fundamental difference though.Man Utd have nothing whatsoever to play for, we have everything.

[/quote]

Sorry, couldn''t decipher it[quote user="El Convento"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]

OK, Morty, granted. I was just being spiteful...

[/quote][/quote]

[quote user="dean"]We were going to lose regardless of today''s decision. Arsenal is our only real remaining chance of points.[/quote]

while todays announcement does go against us  and just because the aggregate score from the last 4 visits is 12-1 from 4 defeats,  there is no need to hang out the white flag just yet and  still everything to play for.

I travel on Sat hopeful of another spirited display from city,  together with fewer mistakes,  a little more quality, seasoned with a sprinkling of  lady luck and who knows what can happen.

I travel on Sat hopeful of another spirited display from city, together with fewer mistakes, a little more quality, seasoned with a sprinkling of lady luck and who knows what can happen.

A bit of luck wouldn''t come amiss, overdue.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="dean"]We were going to lose regardless of today''s decision. Arsenal is our only real remaining chance of points.[/quote]

while todays announcement does go against us  and just because the aggregate score from the last 4 visits is 12-1 from 4 defeats,  there is no need to hang out the white flag just yet and  still everything to play for.

I travel on Sat hopeful of another spirited display from city,  together with fewer mistakes,  a little more quality, seasoned with a sprinkling of  lady luck and who knows what can happen.

[/quote]

My fingers are genuinely crossed for you. I hope they do you proud for making the journey. They''ll certainly play with a more spirited and attacking ethos than had Hughton been in charge. I''ll still be putting Utd in my accumulator.

I really dont think it makes that much difference, Old Trafford and Rooney & Co will always be a huge challenge for us and we will always have a chance just like we have this time.

The main thing on Man U''s players minds when they get their first team talk from giggs is '' did he sh@g my missus when we were away on pre season in far east and he stayed behind to ''work on his stamina''. The next thing will be ''is he going to sh@g my missus when we are away on pre season next season.''

You cant trust a serial sh@gger and the players know this, even Rooney will be thinking'' can i introduce my new gaffer to my Nan''.

Expect Man U players to be repeatedly looking up to the stands for their Wags ,during the game, just in case Ryan has nipped up there while they are defending a corner. If he''d nip round to see his brothers wife after sending him on an errand for an hour, what/who wouldnt he do?

Or ,lets have Rickys Missus repeatedly walk past the dugout to distract him.

do.

People seem to forget this happened last yearMancini got the boot... they played a weakened side who really couldn''t be botheredHowson went for a little run and we won 3-2I reckon we will win.

I agree with Reading. Don''t fall into the trap of looking for negatives again. There''s no reason why United should suddenly revert to the form they showed in previous seasons. They''re on a downward cycle. They are unlikely to turn that round this season. Gary Nevilles reaction interested me. I''ve grown to trust his opinion since he''s becoma a pundit. He seemed unhappy with the sacking AND the way it was leaked. He''d still be part of the "Utd family" and if he''s unhappy then I reckon there''s a fair few at the club unhappy. I doubt whether Utd are united.

ReadingCanary wrote the following post at 22/04/2014 6:56 PM:

People seem to forget this happened last year

Mancini got the boot... they played a weakened side who really couldn''t be bothered

Howson went for a little run and we won 3-2

I reckon we will win.

I feel exactly the same Reading, the disarray at Man U reminds me very much of last season against Man City.

Bring it on!

But why does it make any difference that Man U have nothing to play for? In that case why bother changing Moyrs before the end of the seaon?

Answer is that Man U can''t afford to keep on doing so badly and Moyes - like Hughton - had done just enough to avoid getting the sack earlier. In Moyes case going out of the CL did for him and the board decided an inexperienced coach for the last few games was better than persisting with a manager on a downward trajectory.

Just like us!!!!!!!

If I recall correctly on Canary Call they were talking about where Utd might finish and that Moyes may have been advised that finishing 6th was not an option as that would mean playing in the lesser European competition which would be intolerable.

That may well still apply.

''cause on Canary Call they''d know. I guess that''s why Rob Butler''s called ''The Font''. Or something like that...

They were saying last night that Moyes went now because of a clause, saying if he hadn''t qualified for CL and was less than 1 year into his 6 year contract, then he would only have to be paid for a 1 year contract.

With his proven track record, there''s no-one more qualified to be ''put in charge of affairs'' at Old Trafford than Ryan Giggs!

There is also little doubt he''ll be getting plenty of ''best advice and guidance'' from Sir Alex during this caretaking period.

Providing Norwich are still fired up (and why wouldn''t we be?) I still fancy us to get points in this game though...

We''ll be beat by a clear two goal margin, at least.

This board gets more unrealistic every day.

Isn''t there a new rule that next years Europa League winners get a place in the Champions League? If so United can''t afford to ignore that. The way things are they are as likely to win that as finish top 4.

To think they would just throw points away on purpose to avoid that competition is just silly.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Isn''t there a new rule that next years Europa League winners get a place in the Champions League? If so United can''t afford to ignore that. The way things are they are as likely to win that as finish top 4.

To think they would just throw points away on purpose to avoid that competition is just silly.[/quote]Obviously the club would never actually come out and say they were deliberately avoiding the Europa league, but I would be willing to bet that a lot of the players privately would be none too keen.

Exactly Mustard. Its a way of putting SAF back in charge in all but name so the ship can be steadied.

This is not good news for us. By the end of the season we could well be bemoaning when our games have fallen and cursing our luck!