Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Moyes Gone

Hopefully there is lasting damage and we can exploit that. I think the whole facade helps us, but him actually going will probably slightly hinder us.

I don''t know what the fans will be like, buzzing probably.

All the more reason for us to get to OT and frustrate them. If we get to half time eithier winning or 0-0 the atmosphere will be toxic.

I think it will be a massive hindrance - it will give the whole crowd at Old Trafford a lift and they''ll feed off that.

Couple it with the fact it seems a lot of players had no faith in his ability as a manager and it will free them up to perform better too.

Unfortunate.

With our luck this season it wouldn''t be a surprise if they get that dead cat bounce. But as we saw last year at ManC it could work the other way.

On balance I''d have preferred it if he was still in place tho

We enter this weekends game fighting for our lives, meanwhile uniteds players are probably just waiting for the season to end now, so they can either prepare for next season, ship out, or see who the new long-term man is going to be.the crowd will have a boost, but at the same time, will they care at this point if a temporary manager loses/draws to us at this stage in the season? I think not.

I''d be inclined to think that Ferguson, who handpicked Moyes and said the club and fans would need to give him time, would not be too happy about the sacking, and wouldn''t be in too much of a hurry to take over for the final 3 games since they are meaningless.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Almost certainly a hindrance. But the truth is it won''t change the outcome. Whether Moyes was still in charge or not. Defeat was always nailed on.[/quote]ha.while a defeat can be likely, there is in no way such a thing as a nailed on defeat in football, and especially the premier league. you just have to look at our past 3 seasons vs the big boys, or even just last weekend to sunderland.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]Let''s pray Ferguson will not retake the managerial seat for the remaining few games....[/quote]

Thats my big worry too Budapest. [:(]

The last thing we needed. Our improvement under the current management team has been immense; a similar improvement for United will likely not do well for our goal difference.

[quote user="Making Plans"]How strange - the same people who said that getting rid of Hughton was wrong are now saying that this is the right decision [/quote]

Man U have nothing to play for, we have a lot to play for. I agree Hughton should have gone, but much earlier.

Giggs will surely give them a lift. Get them back to playing with freedom and attacking intent. Bad timing in my opinion. Many players apparently didn''t like Moyes so will be relieved he''s gone too. One positive thing might be they have nothing much to play for, can''t see them busting a gut to get into Europa League.

Javier, when the words ''Norwich City'' and ''away'' are combined, there really is

such a thing as nailed on defeat. Especially when you throw ''Old

Trafford'' into the mix. How many wins have we achieved at the big boys

in the last 3 seasons expect against a Man City side who didn''t turn up?

Dont matter whats going on ''oop north'' right now.

We have to get in their faces from the getco. Get amongst them. Not show our usual respect to these teams. No good putting the tackles in 20mins into the friggin game. That can upset them and their glory hunting followers.

[quote user="splutcho"]I wouldn''t worry folks, Giggs can''t even control his own c*ck, let alone a football team.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Javier, when the words ''Norwich City'' and ''away'' are combined, there really is such a thing as nailed on defeat. Especially when you throw ''Old Trafford'' into the mix. How many wins have we achieved at the big boys in the last 3 seasons expect against a Man City side who didn''t turn up?[/quote]

So we won at Man City a week after they''d sacked their manager, their team looking a bit listless and de-motivated with nothing much to play for.

So no way that could happen on Saturday, is there.....

Unfortunately I think giggs being put in charge could give them a bit of motivation, but I hope not.

They''ve been pretty useless at Old Trafford under Moyes, I can''t see this doing us any favours at all. Giggs will be keen to do well and I can see them playing well for him, it wouldn''t surprise me if they finish the season quite strongly now. Let''s just hope the lads carry on the momentum from Liverpool and at least keep it tight to start with, that''s where we lost it to the Merseysiders. Watching our performance again, we should have every confidence we can win this game if we perform with the same level of intensity and passion. OTBC

Not  a good thing for us at all.   All we can hope is that the mercenaries know that whoever comes in is unlikely to keep most of them,  that how they perform against us will make little difference to their future,  that they realise the remaining games are completely meaningless and all our newly enthused players to scrape a goal from somewhere and get the three points we need.

I have become rather good at straw clutching lately! 

It has nothing to do with how Utd play - it is about how we play.  If we turn up with the right attitude and application we will give them a game whatever mood they are in, post Moyes.    Let them worry about their own problems and we can concentrate on the new positivity we have and get that bandwagon going.   We go there with renewed confidence and we will give them a game.  Whatever they are thinking after Moyes has gone, if we get at them early on, they will struggle, then we can hopefully get something out of the match. 

If West Brom can win there, keeping in mind they hadn''t beaten United since 1984 & not at Old Trafford since 1978, why the hell can''t we go there & win?

It''s still a good time to play them & I hope we can get a result. OTBC!

I suspect that this won''t help us. There are all sorts of reasons why Moyes'' departure will lift them, even if only for a short while.

On the other hand, I''m looking forward to hearing Lineker, Savage and co flaying the ManU board for their ''bonkers'' decision to change managers with only four games to go! Like hell!