Sign in to follow this  
Paradox

NCFC Safety or England World cup win?

NCFC safety every day, stopped caring about the National Team about 10 years ago. Media picks the team every year and we fail every time.

Absolutely no decision to make, I stopped caring about our national team a long time ago.

I support England a hell of a lot more than England and would usually be club over country every time but....

Going down, after the early negative feelings which would be gutting being in the championship wouldn''t be all that bad, even if just for a season. A lot more exciting games and a chance to enjoy supporting the club a bit more again.

And England winning the World Cup is not going to happen too often is it? So I think I''d actually prefer England winning the World Cup. Because I''m fed up with the PL anyway.

If we stay up, or even if it just meant we could get a result against United I''d be happy for England to never win another game.

Couldn''t care less about those useless overpaid tossers to be honest, I haven''t felt a connection to that team since 2002

Normally I come down on the City side of any club vs country debate, but Prem survival vs winning the World Cup isn''t really an equal equation.

If it was a choice of City winning the Prem or the FA Cup vs England winning the World Cup, then City for me every time, or anything remotely similar like getting in the CL and beating Bayern again.  That would be something. 

But City squeaking through to survival in the Prem this season is not the same by a long chalk, however it turns out this season is going to have many disappointments in the memory.  Whereas winning the World Cup would be special, no matter how disillusioned we''ve all become with England over the years.  So on balance I''d go for a preference for a World Cup win, if all that is stacked up against it is another year in the Prem for City.

City every time. I''ve been so disinterested in the national team for years that they hardly register any more. Found it interesting that there are some who plump for England win - I honestly thought it would be unanimous to stay up

In all honesty, I probably have more interest in what my neighbours who I have never met ate for tea (whis is zero) than anything the national team might do anymore. It''s impossible for me to care less about England as a football team, but even if I did care my priority is and always has been for Norwich. Any residual interest in the national team expired around about the time of the 2006 World Cup.

Gets irritating listening to Italian, German and Dutch fans go on about how many World Cups they have won and how poor coaching is in England. - Juggy

Dutch fans? World Cup wins? Doesn''t England have 1 more WC than them, that being....ahem....ONE?????

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]Yes I noticed that one as well Houston BTW do they still call the Super Bowl winner in American football the world champions? Always makes me chuckle when I hear that.[/quote]

they do indeed, pity there isnt the World Bowl to prove it.... London Blitz could hold their own...

England world cup win would also mean my Uncle and 11 year old Cousin getting to be there when it happened too, (both Norwich fans) so it''d be awesome for them (lucky buggers for even getting to go, even if the final was Greece versus Bosnia!)

Got my name on the list for a programme off them and some video footage along with any signatures they might get!

World Cup, for same reasons as ICF. I love the world cup! We will have any of the next 4 years to get back in the prem. We did it in 92(!), 04 and 10 whereas we haven''t come close to lifting the WC in my lifetime.

I also hate the WC because England always fail after getting me all excited. At least this time I have succeeded in dampening my forlorn expectations and even last 16 would be a bonus, and the routine disappointment should be lessened slightly.

If it was winning the prem or even qualifying for CL (I am dreaming, Oscar Wilde style), that would be a different debate altogether.

I love City but I would go for the England Win. I know for a fact that Norwich will soon be back in the Premiership but an England win is unlikely to ever happen to if it were an either / or decision I would go for the world cup win.

Every World and Euro I get my hopes up that we could just pull it off. However in reality England are a shite football team who will be lucky to get out of the group stage.