Sign in to follow this  
Paradox

NCFC Safety or England World cup win?

Curious to know what the majority of posters thought of this, if given the choice.

For me it is very simply heart v head.

Head says England winning the World Cup would be a once in a life time occasion, a reason for the nation to celebrate as one, a very special event indeed. Plus Ncfc might bounce back next year.

Heart says NCFC to stay up. It''s all too easy to see our club sink back into the dark years.

I''m probably wrong having stated my reasons above, but I can''t help it! Heart wins.

NCFC for safety.

For me the club always has to come before country, and to be honest I only really get excited now over England when they get to the Finals when the real foorball season is over.

[quote user="Manic Street Preacher"]Irrelevant. Neither are going to happen.[/quote]

What about the play-offs?

Club first, having supported them for many years, and spent so many happy hours at CR. They are my players, perhaps only for a year or two, and while they wear the shirt and give their best I will support them.

England I want to do well, but I shall become passionate about them only if a canary is selected and plays.

It''s about the intensity of the passion, and to join in this board and see the passion of others. Powerful stuff!

World cup win for me, Would absolutely love it after so may sh*t years. However I''ve given up hope for this Hodgson team atm. However I expect to be hopeful when the World Cup starts - I always am...I never learn

A World Cup is only once every 4 years, while NCFC are what we do every week, year in year out.

It''s like asking if you would give up a secure well-paid job and blow everything on a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. I suspect those who would go for the adventure are more likely to go for the World Cup win, while the more cautious among us would go for Premier League safety.

I would love to see England win the World Cup, but really it has to be NCFC for me.

I can''t see why there has to be an or. The 2 things are completely unconnected.

That said, 17th on goal difference and a quarter final capitulation for me.

England.

Most of us will see Norwich relegated/promoted several times in our lives.

An England WC win is pretty much a once in a life time thing - at best.

an English world cup win would be the death of the game in this country...

the game stopped evolving in 1966 after the first one... after narrowingly missing out at Euro 96 we thought we had a god given right to wn everything..

the world over took us, 1996 was a chance to look at what France, Spain and Germany were doing and do it better... we failed in this respect...

Qualification is seen as an acheivement now.. should England win the world cup again the game in this country will think its "made it" and we will yet again stagnate...

the Premiership would be comparable with the Dutch league in terms of quality within a decade...

You have more chance of Margaret Thatcher once again becoming Prime Minister than you do England winning the world cup. I was chatting to a guy yesterday and we both came to agreement that the Eurovision Song Contest is actually fairer than the FIFA World Cup, and less politically motivated too.So with that in mind. City to stay up please. I couldn''t care less what happens in international football.

[quote user="GJP"]England.

Most of us will see Norwich relegated/promoted several times in our lives.

An England WC win is pretty much a once in a life time thing - at best.[/quote]NCFC Safety.In any case England will never win anything unless and until the FA makes the success of the England team something that matters to the Premier League.

England. World cup win - potentially a once in a lifetime event, whereas we will probably yoyo between leagues for most of my life.

This is a really good question but I''ll have to go for the England World Cup win.Gets irritating listening to Italian, German and Dutch fans go on about how many World Cups they have won and how poor coaching is in England.I think it is a myth. Be nice to shut them all up with a World Cup win.Most of us would see Norwich back in this league, maybe even several promotions, but would probably not see another England World Cup win.It would lift the mood of the nation, probably reverse the perception of English players which sees teams fill their squads with substandard foreigners and pushes decent English players into the Championship, and would probably see more English players going overseas.Just the chance to shut the Germans up and make the Scottish pipe down a bit would be nice. Can nobody remember the Rooney and Crouch caricatures that graced the pages of the German tabloids?We could steal our national flag back off of the EDL and start to find some national pride again, something which we will need if the Union Jack ceases to exist next year.

I am lucky enough to have experienced an England World Cup win but it in terms of pride & emotions it didn''t even come close to any of the  achievements that I''ve experienced with City - promotions, league cup winners, play off final, Bayern Munich, FA Cup Semi Finals, beating the Binners etc etcSAFETY every time for me. And besides, there will be another World Cup in 4 years time.

City, every time. I haven''t even watched an international game since the last world cup, I simply don''t care about internationals anymore.