Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jenkins

Sunderland v Cardiff

What result do want want here. A draw keeps them both below us, but with Cardiff''s inferior goal difference to us would we be actually better off if they won?

All depend on who you think presents the biggest threat I suppose.

That would of course put us temporarily in the bottom 3, untill after the Man U game.

Looking at the remaining fixtures they both have I actually think a Cardiff win would be the better result. Yes it would put them 1 point above us but I can''t see them getting another point from their last 2 games. Sunderland however could still accumulate a few more from their remaining fixtures and have a better GD.

given that we''re unlikely to pick up another point this season (maybe a point vs arsenal if theyve secured 4th) then obviously a draw...the only way we''re staying up is if none of the teams below us win another game all season.

Draw is the best result and a Cardiff win is not that bad considering the games they have left, their failure to beat Stoke has already doomed them to relegation.

Anything but a Sunderland win is a good result.

JF wrote the following post at 21/04/2014 12:15 PM:

Looking at the remaining fixtures they both have I actually think a Cardiff win would be the better result. Yes it would put them 1 point above us but I can''t see them getting another point from their last 2 games. Sunderland however could still accumulate a few more from their remaining fixtures and have a better GD.

That thought did cross my mind JF

You guys are right. Cardiff will have a hard game at Newcastle, then have chelsea. Yet we''ve got worse fixtures so I hope we get what we need for once

[quote user="Jenkins"]JF wrote the following post at 21/04/2014 12:15 PM:

That thought did cross my mind JF[/quote]I think Cardiff have a game away at out of sorts Newcastle.  At the moment Newcastle are the team to play, they seem to be on holiday already, Cardif will certainly have a decent chance of picking up points from that game. Then Home to Chelsea, who might have little to play for if they lose to Liverpool next weekend. It is a funny time of year, and results are tough to predict when some teams are playing for honours, or survival while for others the season is effectively over.