Sign in to follow this  
Paradox

Never, ever a better time to go to old Trafford

I get the feeling today was the last straw for all utd fans. They hate Moyes.

They have nothing to play for.

Talk of player unrest.

Next game on TV against us, fighting for our lives, and going in with confidence, well as much as you can on the back of a few losses. Bizarrely, it feels like all the pressure is on them.

And at least we look like we can score again.

Here''s hoping that next Saturday evening is an absolute horror show for Moyes, and we take some points back to the fine city.

Darren Eadie was saying that Urinals won''t want Europa League football next season because there''s no money in it, extra games etc etc.

Whilst it would be hard to believe players and managers would deliberately not try, I really hope there is some truth in this and they would be ''happy'' stalling in 7th this season.

I''ll be there with Drazen jnr in tow looking for an historic win - and I fancy a cheeky fiver on RVW nicking a goal at some point too - I can just feel it...

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]Darren Eadie was saying that Urinals won''t want Europa League football next season because there''s no money in it, extra games etc etc.

Whilst it would be hard to believe players and managers would deliberately not try, I really hope there is some truth in this and they would be ''happy'' stalling in 7th this season.

I''ll be there with Drazen jnr in tow looking for an historic win - and I fancy a cheeky fiver on RVW nicking a goal at some point too - I can just feel it...[/quote]

I think he''s right Drazen. If Liverpool win the league this season it will be partly because they weren''t in the Europa league.

I love the theory but in reality pro sportsmen are born competitors and i just cant see a situation where its pre designed that they will not try to win. That being said if we perform as we did in todays 2nd half against them with their current problems then i can see us coming away with something.

JF wrote the following post at 20/04/2014 9:49 PM:

I love the theory but in reality pro sportsmen are born competitors and i just cant see a situation where its pre designed that they will not try to win. That being said if we perform as we did in todays 2nd half against them with their current problems then i can see us coming away with something.

That''s true JF I am sure they will try to win, but I recon we will try a bit harder.

[quote user="JF"]I love the theory but in reality pro sportsmen are born competitors and i just cant see a situation where its pre designed that they will not try to win. That being said if we perform as we did in todays 2nd half against them with their current problems then i can see us coming away with something.[/quote]

Well I used to think that but apparently it wasn''t the case at Man Citeh last season[:O]

A big part of football is momentum. We got some today. We won the second half!! OK, no points but we finished the game on top. Man U have no momentum. They can''t wait for the season to end. Who knows what will actually happen but I''m happy to be positive as usual[;)]

It''s definitely a game in which we need the belief we can win. Second half performance of today minus the sloppy passing and it''s very winnable

I didn''t catch what Eadie said, but I honestly don''t think Moyes could dare to ''chuck'' a game right now! As previously pointed out, all elite sportsmen our competitive and will want to win. However, the thing we must take advantage of is that their tails might go down sharpish if we start well and get a goal, plus their fans will be poisonous.

It''s all about staying in the game as long as possible, and not gifting them a lead early doors.

After watching them today I am more confident that we can get something out of it. They had more possession today but couldn''t do anything with it. One very good chance in the second half but that was about it. Rooney is out of form and their defence is pretty shambolic. A point is definitely achievable, three isn''t as unlikely as thought before today. 

In respect of the way they are playing, yes it is probably a good time to play them. As for DE''s comments, wrong I feel...why?..because Manchester United the club will be desperate to secure a place in any European competition as they are global brand and do get massive incomes indirectly as well as firectly from such a tournament.Its not like a Swansea or even a Norwich City being in the Europa league where it really is questionable whether it is worth it. 

We have zero chance of getting anything other than beaten. Let''s be hopeful, but let''s not be unrealistic.

probably going to end up looking a twit but.....

United are due a hammering...Moyes under pressure and a squad who look like they have given up.... its probably our last chance and we will go to old trafford with Nothing to lose....

man utd 0 - 3 Norwich....

[quote user="dean"]We have zero chance of getting anything other than beaten. Let''s be hopeful, but let''s not be unrealistic.[/quote]

Let''s be hopeful? There''s no hope in that statement whatsoever.

Herman wrote the following post at 21/04/2014 8:20 AM:

dean wrote:

We have zero chance of getting anything other than beaten. Let''s be hopeful, but let''s not be unrealistic.

Let''s be hopeful? There''s no hope in that statement whatsoever.

Don''t be too hard on him, he has difficulty with comprehension.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]probably going to end up looking a twit but.....

United are due a hammering...Moyes under pressure and a squad who look like they have given up.... its probably our last chance and we will go to old trafford with Nothing to lose....

man utd 0 - 3 Norwich....[/quote]

Your undying support for Hughton already made you look a twit, so I wouldn''t worry about that if I were you.

How''s your mum today, Jenkins? She seemed a bit upset when I kicked her out last night.

But how many times have we been just the tonic a team a bit off form have enjoyed playing to get their season back on track? Not played well for a while? oh wait its Norwich next.

Amazing how much delusion and false hope still resides on this board. We

won''t get anything at Old Trafford, we aren''t capable. It makes no

difference what form they are in, you must all know by now what will

happen. It will end up being a comfortable defeat. I imagine the people

suggesting we can get a result are the same people who predicted we''d

get results at fellow relegation strugglers West Ham, Villa, or Cardiff. Or at a Southampton side that had nothing to play,

who we then rolled over for embarrassingly, even though Cardiff managed to take

advantage. Or at a Swansea side in free fall who beat us easily, barely breaking sweat. Or at a poor Fulham side, where many believed, without any evidence to suggest it, that we''d finally break our Craven Cottage curse. Guess what? Didn''t happen.We aren''t capable of going away and getting shock results like our rivals

have. We never have been. People see Sunderland drawing at Man City, winning at Chelsea and

then expect us to do the same. It is not going to happen, we will lose comfortably, always do. Chelsea and Man Utd look vulnerable? Well that is the perfect time to be

playing Norwich City, we''re the gift that keeps on giving. How many times over the years have we been the team that ends another team''s bad run, or gives them a boost? Always been the same. The truth is we should have been safe before the final 5 games,

alas the damage has been done, by Hughton, his coaches, and most of all,

the boards incompetence, rearing it''s ugly head once again.

dean wrote the following post at 21/04/2014 11:00 AM:

How''s your mum today, Jenkins? She seemed a bit upset when I kicked her out last night.

If you are referring to your foul mouthed tirade, you would do well to temper your language and actually listen to what apoplectic are saying to you!

[quote user="dean"]How''s your mum today, Jenkins? She seemed a bit upset when I kicked her out last night.[/quote]

has anyone ever been upset or offended by a "your mum" joke???

dean wrote:

has anyone ever been upset or offended by a "your mum" joke???

Dean tries miserably and fails, nevertheless he''s happy because he doesn''t understand

Oh Jenkins, your mum really won''t be happy to hear you''ve been talking to strangers again.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Amazing how much delusion and false hope still resides on this board. We

won''t get anything at Old Trafford, we aren''t capable. It makes no

difference what form they are in, you must all know by now what will

happen. It will end up being a comfortable defeat. I imagine the people

suggesting we can get a result are the same people who predicted we''d

get results at fellow relegation strugglers West Ham, Villa, or Cardiff. Or at a Southampton side that had nothing to play,

who we then rolled over for embarrassingly, even though Cardiff managed to take

advantage. Or at a Swansea side in free fall who beat us easily, barely breaking sweat. Or at a poor Fulham side, where many believed, without any evidence to suggest it, that we''d finally break our Craven Cottage curse. Guess what? Didn''t happen.We aren''t capable of going away and getting shock results like our rivals

have. We never have been. People see Sunderland drawing at Man City, winning at Chelsea and

then expect us to do the same. It is not going to happen, we will lose comfortably, always do. Chelsea and Man Utd look vulnerable? Well that is the perfect time to be

playing Norwich City, we''re the gift that keeps on giving. How many times over the years have we been the team that ends another team''s bad run, or gives them a boost? Always been the same. The truth is we should have been safe before the final 5 games,

alas the damage has been done, by Hughton, his coaches, and most of all,

the boards incompetence, rearing it''s ugly head once again.[/quote]Bump