Sign in to follow this  
Phil Boyers Admiral top

Got no choice but to be positive but I think we will stay up. This is why .......

I lost hope after the West Ham game but since that clown has been sacked I am more positive. There were signs on Saturday that Adams has a plan B - missing for two years. So, for what its worth - this is my prediction - without Henderson Liverpool will not be so lively. Sturridge is misfiring and Suarez is not playing well. If we can withstand the first 20 minute onslaught and we put Johnson man marking the goofy Uruguayan (which could get him sent off) we could get a draw. Forget Chelsea, we will get hammered. Man utd are hopeless at home, have no Rooney and do not want to be playing on Thursday nights so you never know they might relax. Then by the time we play Arsenal, they will be saving themselves for the FA Cup. So, who knows - it might be an advantage to play the big clubs at this stage of the season rather than relegation scraps. I think we will get 5 points and stay up (with villa going down) so come on Norwich fans, be positive. The time to hammer McNally was back in December when we should have been more demanding. We can wait for his head to roll, but for now, We must believe.......

Admiral sentiments OP but ''hammer McNally'' what''s that all about? Do you think it was his decision to keep Hughton for so long?

I know it''s a corny thing to say, but I really think we have had sod all luck recently.

Hitting the woodwork several times, goalkeeper saves, dominating a game whilst losing it. Lady luck has not shone on Norwich City in the last couple of months that''s for sure.

They say you make your own luck so let''s hope this pattern is reversed and we get a bit of better fortune in the games to come.

Typical spoilt brat routine. "Hammer McNally"... "wait for his head to roll"..

For what? As far as I''m concerned, if we go down, McNally has 2 promotions, 3 premiership seasons and just one relegation from his 5 years at the top. Not f*cking bad for Norwich considering the last 20 years is it? If you want to roll out the "he got lucky with Lambert" BS, then by that account he got equally *unlucky* with hughton, as sacking him was never more than a clear 50/50 risk worth taking until he did.

Grow up .

[quote user="MancCanary"]Typical spoilt brat routine. "Hammer McNally"... "wait for his head to roll".. For what? As far as I''m concerned, if we go down, McNally has 2 promotions, 3 premiership seasons and just one relegation from his 5 years at the top. Not f*cking bad for Norwich considering the last 20 years is it? If you want to roll out the "he got lucky with Lambert" BS, then by that account he got equally *unlucky* with hughton, as sacking him was never more than a clear 50/50 risk worth taking until he did. Grow up .[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

McNally wanted Hughton out for several months - even as early as the end of last season, but Bowkett and Wynn-Jones were digging their heels in.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]I sense David McNally is a bit frustrated with the rest of the board; I believe (with their support) he would have pulled the trigger much earlier...[/quote]This sense based on what exactly? According to Mick Dennis, who is almost certainly closer to what goes on in the boardroom at Carrow Road than any poster here, McNally was pro-Hughton until the West Brom defeat:Delia and her husband, Michael Wynn Jones, were with chief executive David McNally. The three of them had backed the manager all season in the face of growing discontent among supporters.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]I sense David McNally is a bit frustrated with the rest of the board; I believe (with their support) he would have pulled the trigger much earlier...[/quote]This sense based on what exactly? According to Mick Dennis, who is almost certainly closer to what goes on in the boardroom at Carrow Road than any poster here, McNally was pro-Hughton until the West Brom defeat:Delia and her husband, Michael Wynn Jones, were with chief executive David McNally. The three of them had backed the manager all season in the face of growing discontent among supporters.[/quote]

I see what you''re saying Purple, and yes whilst technically they were backing him (by not sacking him) , its not so black and white, and it doesn''t mean they didn''t have huge doubts.

When a solicitor has to decide whether to take on a case or not, they have to weigh everything up and decide if there''s a greater than 51% chance that they will be successful and win the case. McNally & co would have to operate in the same way when considering whether to remove Hughton or not, and I''m sure they were teetering near to the 51% many times this season, but for new "evidence" to appear, such as the win over West Ham, the draw with City, and the win over Sunderland - all of which bought Hughton extra time. So although they technically "backed" him till the West Brom game, it simply meant that he was doing just enough to stay in.

I like the positive angle on this post, not interested in the Mcnally saga at the moment, plenty of time for that later.

Deeply patronising and unwelcome comments. I''m probably older than you are, so spare me the "spoilt brat". It''s people like you who are not demanding enough with the people running the club. He''s in charge of a multi million pound company and he should be more accountable.

Is that grown up enough for you?

Yes PBA, but it''s football and there are always so many inponderables.

I would guess that before the Albion fiasco the City support was split pretty evenly between the pro and the antis re: Hughton. I was a bit undecided myself ''til then. After a win I glowed with admiration. WBA was the tipping point for a lot of us and it seems McNally had the same dilemna.

It was a hard one. In a way Hughton was a tease. There was so much right about him. Decent chap, media friendly, good pedigree in football , good connections in the game, players seemed to like him etc. but at the end of the day his lousy football has brought us to our knees.

Phil Boyer''s Admiral top - I don''t doubt you are older than me, which makes it all the more cringeworthy that you have such an attitude towards McNally and the board.

As others have pointed out, you cannot draw a fair comparison between being CEO of a football club and any other business.

He, and everyone at the club is accountable. What do you want to do, sack everyone?

He is also accountable for 5 years of success, including 2 promotions and 3 seasons of Premiership football, which if you ask me, more than outweighs the recent decline even if we are relegated.

But income 2013/4 around £80m. For 2014/5 income £30m. A drop of nearly 75%. For which the CEO is responsible "the buck stops here". If DM wanted Hughton gone should have threatened to resign the Board would have wet themselves. No £m bonuses this year.