Sign in to follow this  
LostTheFaith

Bonkers

How have we come to Fulham being a must win game? we have had amply opportunities to secure the extra 2-3 points in the last 10 games to make this just a must not lose game. The away form statistics are very damning, we did not have a single chance of a win at Fulham under Hughton, whether you choose to trust your eyes or trust in statistics, they both point to a season defining loss. I don''t care if NA has had 1 day or 3 years experience of coaching, just having Hughton away from the dressing room should give us some better chance IMO.Hughton is deluded when he says he thought he would still keep us up, it shows that his blinkered post match interviews weren''t clever deflection tactics but actual delusion that the team were just a little unlucky.

He was sacked not because we lost Saturday but because of a vocal minority of supporters that turned on players and management.

And to say were nailed on to go down under CH and not Adams is Bonkers. 5 points clear and in our hands. Same under Adams. Same under CH. CH has proven himself when up against must win matches and against the big teams.

A lot of deluded people about.

OTBC

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]He was sacked not because we lost Saturday but because of a vocal minority of supporters that turned on players and management.

And to say were nailed on to go down under CH and not Adams is Bonkers. 5 points clear and in our hands. Same under Adams. Same under CH. CH has proven himself when up against must win matches and against the big teams.

OTBC[/quote]If this is in response to me, then you clearly haven''t read what was said. I think he would still be manager today if he picked up a few draws from say West Ham, Cardiff, West Brom, Swansea, Southampton, Aston Villa games. It is the dire LLLLLLL form away that has lost him the job now. With our superior goal difference and those 2 extra points, the game on Saturday would be a must not lose game rather than a must win. Must win games at home he has a decent record in, must win (or must not lose) games away from home it is a dire record. As I said, a few draws from these "must not lose" games away (Cardiff, Aston Villa, West Ham, Swansea etc) would have us pretty much safe. The likelihood of him winning at the weekend was near to 0 based on form."5 points clear and in our hands", yes but looking at the fixture list for us and Fulham a majority of people see winnable games for Fulham and potential hammerings for Norwich. I did the London Marathon last year, I had it in my hands to run it in 2hrs at the start line, doesn''t mean I could physically do it. I personally think we will stay up with a draw at Fulham and a win against Arsenal but we would be very lucky indeed. And if we do go down Hughton better not kid himself, just because he didn''t get to see out the season doesn''t mean he didn''t relegate us.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]He was sacked not because we lost Saturday but because of a vocal minority of supporters that turned on players and management. And to say were nailed on to go down under CH and not Adams is Bonkers. 5 points clear and in our hands. Same under Adams. Same under CH. CH has proven himself when up against must win matches and against the big teams. A lot of deluded people about. OTBC[/quote]

I find this hard to fathon KTF, we have lost the last 6 away games against teams who we could have got a result against and you believe even though we have lost 4 of the last 6,  lost the last 7 away games on the bounce and the team away from home were shot of any confidence and you had faith that this would change at Fulham!

Can you tell me why?

I know we beat West Ham at home when needed and we have got good results agains Spurs, Everton & Man City at home but what makes you think Hughton would have changed his losing tactics and instill some confidence into a shot team?

I have more faith in the board making this choice and the timing was right, not bonkers, Hughton lost the one big game WBA at home, it was his time to go.

If we go down there is only one person to blame and that''s Mr Hughton, he had ample time to turn things around, change his coaching staff or apply different tactics, he did niether and paid for that. The fans didn''t get him sacked he did that all by himself!

Five days on and it''s a Bonkers Decision.

The players get off scot free and they are just as culpable. We have a poor squad who cannot do the basics very well.

I have watched every game of the last three seasons. Yes, away mostly on streams. I cannot get excited about tomorrow and am not in lined to watch it.

I have been the internal optimist up to this week. Now all I see is darkness .

OTBC

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]He was sacked not because we lost Saturday but because of a vocal minority of supporters that turned on players and management.

OTBC[/quote]

Vocal minority? And you call others deluded.

What a pile of old sh ite !Why not read McNally''s comments re Hughton''s sacking ... or look at the table, the lack of goals, the failing defense, the dire football, the lack of player development.....................

ps you don''t half sound and write like LDChmm

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]Five days on and it''s a Bonkers Decision.

The players get off scot free and they are just as culpable. We have a poor squad who cannot do the basics very well.

I have watched every game of the last three seasons. Yes, away mostly on streams. I cannot get excited about tomorrow and am not in lined to watch it.

I have been the internal optimist up to this week. Now all I see is darkness .

OTBC[/quote]

Stop attention seeking, it''s boring. If you want to cling on to your nonsensical belief then feel free, but if you do genuinely believe the crap you''re spouting then your either mental, or terminally dim.

[quote user="City1st"]What a pile of old sh ite !Why not read McNally''s comments re Hughton''s sacking ... or look at the table, the lack of goals, the failing defense, the dire football, the lack of player development.....................ps you don''t half sound and write like LDChmm[/quote]

Fark off you old dearie.   Its comments like that make it hard for anyone to take anything you say seriously.   

As it happens, I have a certain amount of sympathy with KTF.   I think the timing was "iffy" to say the least, if not having the appearance  of a last resort, panic, or reacting to the crowd.   Indeed if he was to have been sacked, it should have been in November, imo.  

However, the rationality of the decision does have an element of logic to it.   We need an extra "something" to help us over the line and if it works, then everyone will say "well done" to the board.   But equally, Hughton might have been able to see us over the line too - we''ll never know.   Whatever, we need to be positive and Adams is in charge, so onwards and upwards with him.  

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]No, after yesterday I still had faith. Win at Fulham and job done. Winning big games tips what we are good at. I have this evening lost all faith.[/quote]

Entitled to your opinion KTF, but if you really think the board sacked CH purely because of the crowd on Saturday I can only disagree. I suspect it was the culmination of events including a terrible run of away results, poor performances (even at home and even when we won), a word from a few "senior " players and trying to change a sliding position.

You mention big games but in truth we haven''t won any , except Spurs. It is the small ones that matter. Another win against Villa , Cardiff, West Ham, Swansea , Fulham , Hull or Palace and we would be safe by now. Its our failure to win more of these games that leaves us in this predicament. We need 3-4 more points. We should have them in the bag by now.

It was a decision that should have been left to the end of the year. Now we have an amateur in charge. This will put us back and we will go down. If not this year, and that now very likely, next year.

If by a miracle we do stay up next year expect to be In the bottom 3 most of the season.

McNally panicked and because the crowd turned.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]It was a decision that should have been left to the end of the year. Now we have an amateur in charge. This will put us back and we will go down. If not this year, and that now very likely, next year.

If by a miracle we do stay up next year expect to be In the bottom 3 most of the season.

McNally panicked and because the crowd turned.[/quote]

You may be upset about the way Hughton has gone, but Adams is no amateur.  He is every bit as professional as any coach who works for a club like ours.   Inexperienced he may be, but amateur he isn''t.   He needs a bit of good fortune and 100% from the players - and then we may stay out of trouble.    Who knows, Adams could be the next Dave Stringer.....

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]It was a decision that should have been left to the end of the year. Now we have an amateur in charge. This will put us back and we will go down. If not this year, and that now very likely, next year.

McNally panicked and because the crowd turned.[/quote]err, it was board decision NOT McNnally''sas to the crowd turning that would have meant an overwhelming support for Hughtonyou clearly attend games as much as LDC does

McNally panicked and because the crowd turned.[/quote]

Turn off the stream tomorrow and fester in your own self gratitude. We don''t need fans like you anyways.

Well it''s certainly been an interesting week.

Several posters have surprised me by suddenly talking more sense, and even more surprising is that I don''t entirely totally disagree with LDC for once.

KTF I would suggest that you keep your powder dry and wait to see how things transpire at the end of the season.

If we go down you can fill a whole page with "TOLD YOU SO" in very large letters, but if we stay up, and you managed to shut up, you won''t then look like the bonkers one.

I realise that we may still go down, but the decision to replace Hughton, even at this late stage, has given most of us a huge lift in spirits - like a huge black cloud has been dissipated, and I suspect that this feeling applies to many of the players too.

If we still go down I, for one, will not blame NA one iota. The blame lies with Hughton and his cronies.

Sorry but I am totally disenchanted with a club I have supported for fifty years. Tin pot decision. We are a bottom six club so have over achieved in recent years.

This will put us back and we will go Dow. Either this or next year.

My powder is wet with years.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]"My powder is wet with years"

Is that the start of a haiku? You know like

My powder

Is wet with years

Cherry blossom rain

The dawn fades[/quote]
It''s either that or a slightly disturbing analogy for incontinence.

[quote user="LostTheFaith"]Sorry but I am totally disenchanted with a club I have supported for fifty years. Tin pot decision. We are a bottom six club so have over achieved in recent years.

This will put us back and we will go Dow. Either this or next year.

My powder is wet with years.[/quote]

So go support someone else. We don''t need you plastics infecting the good cheer on here. Norwich City will be better off without you watching your dodgy feed

When I did my poetry degree back in the day, reckon you need to understand "true" Haiku is five syllables, seven, then five.Have a crack at this one:At Craven CottageHurl your half-time pies towardsKieran RichardsonI once signed my first poetry book for a young Philip Larkin, and he did alright.

Does having seventeen syllables make something deeper, more profound?

The above query also has 17 syllables, almost one for each goal we''ve scored this season.

Had me humming to that BBBor

If someone in there fifties who has been watching And supporting the mighty yellows from 1970, been to over 600 home games including those shown on "CanaryVision" (flares and all) is a plastic, I am a proud one.

I C F, that''s beautiful! is it yours? If so, I''m impressed! I might well use that as my signature.

Although I rather prefer (clears throat):

You can''t get quicker

Than a Quick Fit

Fitter

A lot of talk of ''must win'' games. Actually neither Fulham or WBA were ''must win''. It was important to take a point in each game, therefore they were '' best to avoid loosing games''. 34 points would look OK at this stage.

Still a bonkers decision eight days on.

Best chance to get a win has gone.

Love watching Norwich play the best and Liverpool are that at the moment. Gonna be cheering our lads on come Sunday and will not Boo or shout enything negative. Cannot understand the mentality of so called fans who do.

Fingers crossed that those below us al loose.

we heard you the first time, no need to repeat it..we know. We know you think we''re going down, we probably are, the best chance to win has gone, why bring it up again?