Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

FAO Morty

Totally agree.

This season should be a lesson to all Norwich fans - don''t be so nice in the future. McSally gets paid a lot of money to run our club successfully and we should have been more demanding after the Xmas debacle. Whoever hit CH with one of those ridiculous clackers should get a free season ticket because it polarised our feelings to a board that just didn''t seem to care. At least the clackers became useful for something - an irony I hope is not lost on McSally, who encouraged them.

Wow! Palace obviously wasn''t the only, or even the main thing Seattle (a Norwich lad displaced, not a Yank, so calm the resentment down, pants wetters) (HAH!, the irony!) got right. He stood his ground and got hammered for it by the know-nothing know-it-all''s so give him the pat on the back he deserves. He''s always been articulate and classy about it, not the blowhard you whingers try to make him out to be.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Wow! Palace obviously wasn''t the only, or even the main thing Seattle (a Norwich lad displaced, not a Yank, so calm the resentment down, pants wetters) (HAH!, the irony!) got right. He stood his ground and got hammered for it by the know-nothing know-it-all''s so give him the pat on the back he deserves. He''s always been articulate and classy about it, not the blowhard you whingers try to make him out to be.

.[/quote]

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the lack of  subtlety  shown by some of our American ex-pats seems to be "put on".   Could it be they are trying to act like puffed up Uncle Sam types just  to live up to some perceived stereotype of what they should be like living in America - or maybe they have just lived there too long and the USA style assertiveness  has rubbed off on them.   Either way, it just seems that being crass is something that they excel at.   Maybe they should return home for a while to remember what the real world is like.   

Or maybe they just like showing off...........but then again, Americans excel at that too..................

Probably best to keep your xenophobia out of it lake district canary.

[quote user="Hello Neil"]Probably best to keep your xenophobia out of it lake district canary.[/quote]

Xenophobia has nothing to do with it.  Treating people with disdain and lack of class has. Real Americans can be crass by nature. Some wannabes put it on so they can appear to fit in. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Houston Canary"]Wow! Palace obviously wasn''t the only, or even the main thing Seattle (a Norwich lad displaced, not a Yank, so calm the resentment down, pants wetters) (HAH!, the irony!) got right. He stood his ground and got hammered for it by the know-nothing know-it-all''s so give him the pat on the back he deserves. He''s always been articulate and classy about it, not the blowhard you whingers try to make him out to be. .[/quote]

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the lack of  subtlety  shown by some of our American ex-pats seems to be "put on".   Could it be they are trying to act like puffed up Uncle Sam types just  to live up to some perceived stereotype of what they should be like living in America - or maybe they have just lived there too long and the USA style assertiveness  has rubbed off on them.   Either way, it just seems that being crass is something that they excel at.   Maybe they should return home for a while to remember what the real world is like.   

Or maybe they just like showing off...........but then again, Americans excel at that too..................

[/quote]

When I am having a bad day, I read your posts LDC.[:''(]

Get "The wit and wisdom of LDC" printed, you could sell it to Andrex and make a fortune.

Thread after thread, post after post of the stuff they spread on fields.

None of it comes close to being relevant or in most cases correct.

BUT please don''t stop this forum would be a much duller place without you to keep us all sane[<:o)]

Tarring an entire nation''s residents with the same brush with your stereotypical views is xenophobia I''m afraid. Appears you have a ''thing'' against Americans.

But well done on trying to wriggle out of it.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Houston Canary"]Wow! Palace obviously wasn''t the only, or even the main thing Seattle (a Norwich lad displaced, not a Yank, so calm the resentment down, pants wetters) (HAH!, the irony!) got right. He stood his ground and got hammered for it by the know-nothing know-it-all''s so give him the pat on the back he deserves. He''s always been articulate and classy about it, not the blowhard you whingers try to make him out to be. .[/quote]

[/quote]

When I am having a bad day, I read your posts LDC.[:''(]

Get "The wit and wisdom of LDC" printed, you could sell it to Andrex and make a fortune.

Thread after thread, post after post of the stuff they spread on fields.

None of it comes close to being relevant or in most cases correct.

BUT please don''t stop this forum would be a much duller place without you to keep us all sane[<:o)]

[/quote]

Whatever turns you on............

lake district canary successfully avoiding allegations of xenophobia there.

Bigot.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Wow! Palace obviously wasn''t the only, or even the main thing Seattle (a Norwich lad displaced, not a Yank, so calm the resentment down, pants wetters) (HAH!, the irony!) got right. He stood his ground and got hammered for it by the know-nothing know-it-all''s so give him the pat on the back he deserves. He''s always been articulate and classy about it, not the blowhard you whingers try to make him out to be.

.[/quote]I don''t know what your definition of classy is, but the only thing I can see on this thread that comes close is Morty agreeing to pay up on a bet he lost with good grace.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]I think we should be proud of Seattle Canary. A Norfolk lad carving out a good career in the US. Wish there were more like him.[/quote]

Absolutely. He is very rude to other posters though.

Marvelous stuff. A post recognising the honour of two good posters has been the catalyst for all the entertainment that followed including a spectacular show of effin'' and jeffin'' from Seattle[:@], Houston proving once again he''s this forum''s top comic[*-)] and the usual fantastic contributions from Lakey, The Butler et al. But this shouldn''t take away from the honourable bet made and settled between Morty and Sparto where Rays Funds will be the beneficiary. Of course we all had an opinion about it back at the time the bet was struck. Seattle proudly tries to lay claim to it and yet like the rest of us on this thread he somehow neglected to become involved in the wager that followed. But Seattle and the rest of us can become honourable men like Morty and Sparto now. And this is how...

With just 4 games to go there are outcomes up for debate. Will Norwich win another game? If you''re confident make a pledge to Rays funds that they will or they won''t. Same deal for will we stay up? Make a pledge if you''re confident either way. There''s so many angles. Outcomes still to be settled that polarise opinions on here. Of course it doesn''t have to be twenty quid. Morty and Sparto set that between themselves. Tenners are just as useful. Rays funds is unique in that it belongs to this online football community. Whist having fun on here PUPs can do a bit of good at the same time.

Anyway, I''ll start the ball rolling by saying I believe RVW will score another goal from open play in these last 4 games. If he fails to do so I will give £20 to Rays funds. Over to you guys....

You legend Nutty.

Unfortunately, or fortunately Rays funds - you''re probably gonna be passing over £20.

Although before Fulham I did say we''d lose to them, then beat Liverpool with a RVW Goal..

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Marvelous stuff. A post recognising the honour of two good posters has been the catalyst for all the entertainment that followed including a spectacular show of effin'' and jeffin'' from Seattle[:@], Houston proving once again he''s this forum''s top comic[*-)] and the usual fantastic contributions from Lakey, The Butler et al. But this shouldn''t take away from the honourable bet made and settled between Morty and Sparto where Rays Funds will be the beneficiary. Of course we all had an opinion about it back at the time the bet was struck. Seattle proudly tries to lay claim to it and yet like the rest of us on this thread he somehow neglected to become involved in the wager that followed. But Seattle and the rest of us can become honourable men like Morty and Sparto now. And this is how...

With just 4 games to go there are outcomes up for debate. Will Norwich win another game? If you''re confident make a pledge to Rays funds that they will or they won''t. Same deal for will we stay up? Make a pledge if you''re confident either way. There''s so many angles. Outcomes still to be settled that polarise opinions on here. Of course it doesn''t have to be twenty quid. Morty and Sparto set that between themselves. Tenners are just as useful. Rays funds is unique in that it belongs to this online football community. Whist having fun on here PUPs can do a bit of good at the same time.

Anyway, I''ll start the ball rolling by saying I believe RVW will score another goal from open play in these last 4 games. If he fails to do so I will give £20 to Rays funds. Over to you guys....

[/quote]What the h*ll. I am game for this. It may make the end of the season bearable![:''(] I made only two predictions before the start of the season. That Hooper would score more Premier League goals than van Wolfswinkel, and that we would stay up.So if either of those doesn''t come true I will send £10 each to the fund. I supect that will be £10 at most, but if nothing at all then we will be very happy anyway.And, to take on nutty, IF van Wolfswinkel does score any kind of goal (including own goals, just to give him a slight chance[;)]) then I will hand over £20 for that.

Brilliant! That''s why I love this place!! The spirit of the Pink Un messageboard is what makes it so special. Great stuff guys!

I will give £2 for every goal we score in the last four games (not forgetting we scored an unlikely seven in the last two last season).

i think we will stay up after the 2 cans of strongbow i''ve just drank in quick succession [<:o)] i feel all optimistic all of a sudden... if we do go down i will send in the £20 i got away with on the last bet , Nutty it take it  you are in charge of all pledges on this thread ? [:)]

[quote user="hogesar"]You legend Nutty.

Unfortunately, or fortunately Rays funds - you''re probably gonna be passing over £20.

Although before Fulham I did say we''d lose to them, then beat Liverpool with a RVW Goal..[/quote]i take it a small wager will be forthcoming ? i''d keep it quite modest on that one nobody likes chucking money away [:D]

Let''s not run on about Seattle, that can keep for another time.

Right Nutty, my pledge will be £2 for every goal we score and £2 for every point we gain.

Tell you what Eddie, if we beat Liverpool on Sunday I''ll double my £20.

And I may just dance on a table in the Nelson!