Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

FAO Morty

[quote user="im spartacus"]Don''t forget to pay £20 into rays fund i don''t think palace will be going down under pulis[/quote]
Great minds!!!! So weird I was just looking the thread up, and reposted on it. 
To be honest all the talk against the ''pant wetters'' and how we wouldn''t go down, really shows his knowledge of the game and his awareness to this season. Taken everything he has said with a pinch of salt.

not looking to gloat at all it became fairly obvious early on that pulis had what it takes but people don''t want his style of football which i haven''t actually seen at palace yet i guess they meant winning football, anyway i wish norwich had got him when he was available we''d be halfway up the league by now...

That''s just it, Houston. They stay with the team and understand they are a small PL team punching above its weight. No delusions of grandeur there.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]That''s just it, Houston. They stay with the team and understand they are a small PL team punching above its weight. No delusions of grandeur there.[/quote]
No.
They had a manager come in after 7 games and stopped the rot right there, and have been performing ever since. I''m sure the crowd are showing their appreciation for the effort applied over those 27 games.
We left it until now to try and stop our rot.
We''ve put up with dross for about 4-5 times as long as a Palace fan has had to this season.

[quote user="im spartacus"]Don''t forget to pay £20 into rays fund i don''t think palace will be going down under pulis
[/quote]

No problemo, I''ll be home by then and will give it to Eddie in the pub after the Liverpool game[Y]

Well played Morty, honouring what you said - something half the people that like to abuse you on here never would.

I disagree with Morty fairly often - but some of you seem to revel in the fact we might get relegated because it will prove you right against someone who you''ve never met? Odd.

[quote user="morty"]

[quote user="im spartacus"]Don''t forget to pay £20 into rays fund i don''t think palace will be going down under pulis
[/quote]

No problemo, I''ll be home by then and will give it to Eddie in the pub after the Liverpool game[Y]

[/quote]

Well done Morty. Yes [Y]

[quote user="BRING BACK HOUGHTON"]Morty is a know-it-all.

Except that he knows nothing[/quote]I know you''re a bit of a dick[:)]

[quote user="hogesar"]Well played Morty, honouring what you said - something half the people that like to abuse you on here never would.

I disagree with Morty fairly often - but some of you seem to revel in the fact we might get relegated because it will prove you right against someone who you''ve never met? Odd.[/quote]All about honesty, integrity and standing by your opinions[;)]

[quote user="im spartacus"]not looking to gloat at all it became fairly obvious early on that pulis had what it takes but people don''t want his style of football which i haven''t actually seen at palace yet i guess they meant winning football, anyway i wish norwich had got him when he was available we''d be halfway up the league by now...[/quote]Oh come on Spartacus. Can you really imagine this message board''s reaction if Pulis'' appointment at Norwich had been mooted?

"I disagree with Morty fairly often - but some of you seem to revel in the fact we might get relegated because it will prove you right against someone who you''ve never met? Odd."

This will be the set response to those who wanted to point out the reality under Hughton all season and got labelled ''pant wetters'' for doing so.

I felt it was time to make a change after Christmas because what I had witnessed was a side that would really struggle due to its negativity, low confidence and inability to get the basics right. This trend has continued, bar the occasional surprise win, and now we''ve got four incredibly tough games that we must get points from. Those last four fixtures have been looming in the background all year and not enough has been done to get us to a position where they wouldn''t matter. Remember, we waited to the penultimate game last season to survive. People kept pointing out our relatively safe position in the table but, to quote Mourinho, it has been ''fake''. Now we stand a chance to get leapfrogged by both Fulham and Cardiff.

Noone on here (save the 1 or 2 actual binners) wants to see our team go down. That''s a ridiculous suggestion. But it''s been painfully obvious to us ''pant wetters'' that there was a real possibility of relegation this season because of countless woeful displays under a manager who has been increasingly frustrating and uninspiring. If we go down it will be because of a weak board, a poor manager and coaching staff, and, I have to add, those supporters who have failed to see this coming and dismissed others with the gall to critique.

If the board had acted sooner, on the back of greater fan pressure, we could''ve had a different season. As it stands, it seems likely we''ll go down unless we pull off something remarkable. I would be absolutely over the moon if we do because another season at the top would do wonders for the club. If we don''t, it wouldn''t come as a surprise to me. It''ll not be because of a poor squad but because of indecisive and myopic management on all levels. This club deserved better.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"]

Oh dear, you sad, sad bell-end. Does it mean THAT much to you that I was wrong about something lol?

[/quote]
Not really. It''s just nice to know that after having to put up with your condescending sarcastic remarks, I really DID know what I was talking about, and your opinions were about as clever as your petty insults.
You''re wrong about most things, not just this one thing.
[/quote]I made a bet with the OP, not you. I probably didn''t pay attention much to what you said on the subject.

[quote user="im spartacus"]good man morty it never crossed my mind that you wouldn''t honour it as long as you remembered it [:D][/quote]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"]good man morty it never crossed my mind that you wouldn''t honour it as long as you remembered it [:D][/quote][/quote]

Two good posters are honourable and Rays funds is the winner. Hopefully Sparto you can make it after the game Sunday to witness the noble act. Would be great to meet you[Y]

What''s it all got to do with Seattle[:^)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"]good man morty it never crossed my mind that you wouldn''t honour it as long as you remembered it [:D]
[/quote][/quote]

We''ll even take a photo! (My earlier post should have read this, but I am using internet slightly slower than dial up)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"]good man morty it never crossed my mind that you wouldn''t honour it as long as you remembered it [:D]

[/quote][/quote]

We''ll even take a photo! (My earlier post should have read this, but I am using internet slightly slower than dial up)[/quote]

We''ll probably get it tomorrow then. [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"]good man morty it never crossed my mind that you wouldn''t honour it as long as you remembered it [:D][/quote][/quote]

Two good posters are honourable and Rays funds is the winner. Hopefully Sparto you can make it after the game Sunday to witness the noble act. Would be great to meet you[Y]

[/quote]
Whats it got to do with you? It has f*ck all to do with you. I was the one who said Palarse would finish above us, and Monty challenged my opinion. He said he doesn''t remember, but he replied to me twice before Spartacus made a bet with him (on a subject I raised). 
Thats what is has got to do with me you absolute moron. What about you? How does this concern you?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"]

Oh dear, you sad, sad bell-end. Does it mean THAT much to you that I was wrong about something lol?

[/quote]
Not really. It''s just nice to know that after having to put up with your condescending sarcastic remarks, I really DID know what I was talking about, and your opinions were about as clever as your petty insults.
You''re wrong about most things, not just this one thing.
[/quote]I made a bet with the OP, not you. I probably didn''t pay attention much to what you said on the subject.[/quote]
Funny how you have a selective memory. You replied to me twice on that thread, stating that they were only a point ahead of us. And we would see when the season ends who is above who. Well I wasn''t going to gloat, more to see if you stuck to your bet. But i think you, and people like nigel are absolute tool bags, and never like to admit when you are wrong. Lack of integrity and all that.
To be honest throughout the season more of what I have said has been closer to the mark than any of the predictions you and twiddle dum have come up with. Anyway, just wanted to refresh your memory....

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]
Whats it got to do with you? It has f*ck all to do with you. I was the one who said Palarse would finish above us, and Monty challenged my opinion. He said he doesn''t remember, but he replied to me twice before Spartacus made a bet with him (on a subject I raised). 
Thats what is has got to do with me you absolute moron. What about you? How does this concern you?

[/quote]

Well now, what it has to do with me and how it concerns me, is as stated, I will recieve Morty''s spondoolies for Rays funds. Apart from another tirade of effing and jeffing I still struggle to see what it has to do with you[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well now, what it has to do with me and how it concerns me, is as stated, I will recieve Morty''s spondoolies for Rays funds. Apart from another tirade of effing and jeffing I still struggle to see what it has to do with you[:^)][/quote]

I raised the subject that became the bet. You''re a bit thick aren''t you old boy.

Seattle, it''s refreshingly funny to watch you make legitimate and articulate reminders of your past comments that were dumped on by the omniscient and then see them become the pants wetters they accused you of being. They seem blinded and made more simple by this.

Keep up the good work.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Seattle, it''s refreshingly funny to watch you make legitimate and articulate reminders of your past comments that were dumped on by the omniscient and then see them become the pants wetters they accused you of being. They seem blinded and made more simple by this.

Keep up the good work.

.[/quote]
Appreciate that Houston. It frustrates me when I come across the less complex-minded in this world, both face to face and on here it seems. The I told you so, isn''t to spite the club, but more the fools who lack the ability to see further than their own nose and put aside their ignorance of reality. 
Being shouted down and belittled is fine, so long as you come out justified in your behaviour, NN and Morty have shown that their loyalties were misplaced and they weren''t able to see what most of us could. Their opinions hold little weight with me now, and in the future hopefully people won''t pay much attention to what they have to say. Unless it''s sane and with president.

Wow, you get one guess about Tony Pulis correct and it makes you a super intelligent person having to deal with the ''less complex-minded'', don''t get too carried away with yourself you sound like you need a lie down.

I doubt you realise it Seattle, people with your over sized ego often don''t, but I''m afraid you come across as staggering pompous and patronising.

Well done for being right about Palace. We all get some things right sometimes.