Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

3 from 11 is quickly becoming 1 from 4

The way the relegation battle is shaping up, Fulham and Cardiff look doomed and it now seems the final spot is a straight fight between us, Sunderland, Palace and West Brom. I think we need another 3 wins and we''ll be fine.

No, it''s still anyone from 10th down, even if we had won yesterday we would still be in a relegation fight.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]The way the relegation battle is shaping up, Fulham and Cardiff look doomed and it now seems the final spot is a straight fight between us, Sunderland, Palace and West Brom. I think we need another 3 wins and we''ll be fine.[/quote]

hang on?...if we beat Stoke on Saurday, we go above them....wouldn''t they then still be in danger??

It''s becoming 1 from 4. It''s not there yet, and indeed we would go above them. But they are 2 points and a better goal difference off as it stands.

They are not in the same danger as us. We need that win more than they do. I''d argue that Chelsea away is their only truly tough game. Spurs at home arguably, but Fulham, West Ham, Newcastle and Hull games at home for them represent an excellent chance for them to get the 2 or 3 wins needed.

No, it''s still anyone from 10th down, even if we had won yesterday we would still be in a relegation fight.