Sign in to follow this  
AidanC

Hoopers clear 1 on 1

The confidence with our strike force is 0 - with his 1 on 1 with the keeper he had time but rushed a finesse, it shows the pressure we have put on our striking force, they have all been able strikers before - is the confidence lack of ball or is the pressure to high?

[quote user="AidanC"]The confidence with our strike force is 0 - with his 1 on 1 with the keeper he had time but rushed a finesse, it shows the pressure we have put on our striking force, they have all been able strikers before - is the confidence lack of ball or is the pressure to high?[/quote]Of course the players are under pressure. Their ability to deal with the pressure goes a long way to determining how good a player they are.I can look like Pele in my back garden, but pretty sure I''d struggle in front of a baying crowd.

Surprised there''s been so few threads on it.

Had it have been RVW missing the chance I can only imagine the outrage that would have followed.

But there wasn''t any pressure on him, we were never going to do anything but lose that game from half time onwards. Hughton said the second half was just about pride in his post match interview and probably said that to the players at the interval.

Hooper definitely appears to have lost a bit of confidence in front of goal. The thing about yesterday''s chance was that Guzan was at least 12 yards off his line. A confident player would have just lifted the ball over his head and into the empty net.

In an ideal world he''d have been subbed after 70 mins like RVW was last week. Playing that role is demanding and I think it was tiredness why he shot so early. I think you have to look at the goals we conceded if you must find scapegoats. And it wasn''t just Bassong.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Hooper definitely appears to have lost a bit of confidence in front of goal. The thing about yesterday''s chance was that Guzan was at least 12 yards off his line. A confident player would have just lifted the ball over his head and into the empty net.[/quote]Just like every other striker to play under Hughton , i don''t think too much was made of it as at 4-1 the supporters just like the players had given up and thrown in the towel , had it gone in it would have made no difference .

We are though talking about a striker who about a year ago would, almost certainly, have taken such a chance against some of the very best teams in Europe.

Good players don''t become bad players overnight and whilst even the very best strikers go through barren patches it looks to me as though his confidence has gone to pot.

How so, might it be the mangem.........

No of course it''s not, nothing wrong there at all is there, Barcelo...who did he score against?