Sign in to follow this  
Reggie Strayshun

Complacency

Not for the first time I''m stunned at the level of complacency shown by a significant minority on this board.I missed the game agai due to work commitments and have only seen brief highlights, but scanning through this board I am astounded by the people who seem firstly to excuse the Villa Park capitulation, and secondly seem accepting that we will easily avoid the drop in May.Several of us were widely mocked last week when we tempered the Spurs victory, welcome as it was, with a suggestion that it was only one game, and might just be a one -off. We were shouted down with claims that we were negative and this was the turning point. Well the dismal effort yesterday shows yet again how deluded these people really are, not only in the belief that Hughton is the right manager for this club, but that the corner was turned. It has not, and I do not see any evidence at all that it will be any time soon.Away displays like yesterday serve to make all the home games must win affairs. Eventually our luck will run out there too, and we''ll be REALLY staring down the barrel.

So who has shown complacency?Who has excused the capitulation?Who said we would definitely win yesterday?Who is saying we will EASILY avoid the drop?You should put some meat on the bones here and name names, because I don''t see anyone saying all of the above.Personally I hoped it was a turning point, but am pretty sure I never said it was a certainty. And take the two best players (which I believe Fer and Ricky were last week) out of any team, and its always going to have a negative effect.

Reggie.  You''re barking up the wrong tree yet again.   There is no-one who is not concerned about the position. All I see from the "minority" on here is people who can see both sides of the situation in this league.    The rest seem to just want to talk us down all the time.  

[quote user="morty"]So who has shown complacency?Who has excused the capitulation?Who said we would definitely win yesterday?Who is saying we will EASILY avoid the drop?You should put some meat on the bones here and name names, because I don''t see anyone saying all of the above.

[/quote]For Christ''s sake, Morty get a grip.There was so much complacent stuff on here last week it was unreal . Do you really need me to point you in the right direction ? There was even a whole thread entitled ''The stats show we are already safe'' ,or guff to that effect.Just wake up and smell the coffee.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]So who has shown complacency?Who has excused the capitulation?Who said we would definitely win yesterday?Who is saying we will EASILY avoid the drop?You should put some meat on the bones here and name names, because I don''t see anyone saying all of the above.

[/quote]For Christ''s sake, Morty get a grip.There was so much complacent stuff on here last week it was unreal . Do you really need me to point you in the right direction ? There was even a whole thread entitled ''The stats show we are already safe'' ,or guff to that effect.Just wake up and smell the coffee.[/quote]Get a grip yourself.You''re talking carp.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]So who has shown complacency?Who has excused the capitulation?Who said we would definitely win yesterday?Who is saying we will EASILY avoid the drop?You should put some meat on the bones here and name names, because I don''t see anyone saying all of the above.

[/quote]For Christ''s sake, Morty get a grip.There was so much complacent stuff on here last week it was unreal . Do you really need me to point you in the right direction ? There was even a whole thread entitled ''The stats show we are already safe'' ,or guff to that effect.Just wake up and smell the coffee.[/quote]Get a grip yourself.You''re talking carp.[/quote]Well you asked me for examples, and I gave you some. A whole bl**dy thread of it ,if you please.As usual, when we come up with facts that don''t suit the Inners'' narrow agenda, the insults fly.......

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]So who has shown complacency?Who has excused the capitulation?Who said we would definitely win yesterday?Who is saying we will EASILY avoid the drop?You should put some meat on the bones here and name names, because I don''t see anyone saying all of the above.

[/quote]For Christ''s sake, Morty get a grip.There was so much complacent stuff on here last week it was unreal . Do you really need me to point you in the right direction ? There was even a whole thread entitled ''The stats show we are already safe'' ,or guff to that effect.Just wake up and smell the coffee.[/quote]Get a grip yourself.You''re talking carp.[/quote]Well you asked me for examples, and I gave you some. A whole bl**dy thread of it ,if you please.As usual, when we come up with facts that don''t suit the Inners'' narrow agenda, the insults fly.......[/quote]Oh stop being so precious.Show me the thread, and I will join in with you openly mocking anyone who said we are already safe.

Look, if we can eek out 3 more wins and a couple of draws and then capitulate like yesterday in the rest of the games then we''ll have done enough to get a ticket in the prem for next season. Let''s just get through this season, stay up and then worry about football quality next season.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]here you go, mate.http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3054514/ShowPost.aspxAs if by magic.........[/quote]Yes I just read it.Someone posted some projected stats.Seriously is that it?Where are all the "inners" proclaiming we are already safe?I refer you back to my earlier point that you are talking carp.....

Oh and if you look that thread was actually started in January, and not some hysteria off the back of last weeks win.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Look, if we can eek out 3 more wins and a couple of draws and then capitulate like yesterday in the rest of the games then we''ll have done enough to get a ticket in the prem for next season. Let''s just get through this season, stay up and then worry about football quality next season.[/quote]Jimmy. I don''t think that anyone but a few hard core purists are saying that the quality of football matters one jot in our current plight.It''s the eeking out 3 more wins bit that some of us have a bit of a problem with......

So I shall repeat :-So who has shown complacency?Who has excused the capitulation?Who said we would definitely win yesterday?Who is saying we will EASILY avoid the drop?You should put some meat on the bones here and name names, because I don''t see anyone saying all of the above.

[quote user="morty"]Oh and if you look that thread was actually started in January, and not some hysteria off the back of last weeks win.

[/quote]Your point being ....?Complacency is complacency whenever it''s written, until (if)we are mathematically safe.

[quote user="morty"]So I shall repeat :-So who has shown complacency?Who has excused the capitulation?Who said we would definitely win yesterday?Who is saying we will EASILY avoid the drop?You should put some meat on the bones here and name names, because I don''t see anyone saying all of the above.[/quote]Just like you to me, a couple of weeks ago, I cannot be arsed to trawl through every post.I''ve given you examples. If you don''t like them because they don''t fit in with your narrow agenda..... Tough.

[quote user="morty"]So I shall repeat :-So who has shown complacency?[/quote]According to you we have all been way too complacent:"All our expectations were too ambitious. We got carried away because we spent a bit of money, but were happy to sneer at QPR doing the same last season, and failing."

Reggie, is your bed situated in the middle of the room?

You appear to have got out on the wrong side of it.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"]So I shall repeat :-So who has shown complacency?[/quote]According to you we have all been way too complacent:"All our expectations were too ambitious. We got carried away because we spent a bit of money, but were happy to sneer at QPR doing the same last season, and failing."[/quote]I believe you are getting confused between expectation, and complacency...

So who has shown complacency?Who has excused the capitulation?Who said we would definitely win yesterday?Who is saying we will EASILY avoid the drop?You should put some meat on the bones here and name names, because I don''t see anyone saying all of the above.If you haven''t got time to address these points right now Reggie, I don''t mind waiting[Y]

Reggie,

It was I who was the OP for this thread and it is apparent you have taken it far too seriously.

The title of the thread was;

The Stats Prove We Are Already Safe - Don''t they? (Notice the ? Reggie)

You obviously did not pick up on the irony, especially where I refered to, lies, damn lies and stats.

[quote user="Ray"]Reggie,

It was I who was the OP for this thread and it is apparent you have taken it far too seriously.

You obviously did not pick up on the irony, especially where I refered to, lies, damn lies and stats.[/quote]I do kind of appreciate that Ray.But there were , despite what Moty would have you believe, a fair few people who, last week, jumped on the bandwagon to suggest that it was more than just light hearted irony...

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Ray"]Reggie,

You obviously did not pick up on the irony, especially where I refered to, lies, damn lies and stats.[/quote]I do kind of appreciate that Ray.But there were , despite what Moty would have you believe, a fair few people who, last week, jumped on the bandwagon to suggest that it was more than just light hearted irony... [/quote]You should name names.You keep coming out with these throwaway statements that have no actual substance.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Ray"]Reggie,

You obviously did not pick up on the irony, especially where I refered to, lies, damn lies and stats.[/quote]I do kind of appreciate that Ray.But there were , despite what Moty would have you believe, a fair few people who, last week, jumped on the bandwagon to suggest that it was more than just light hearted irony... [/quote]You should name names.You keep coming out with these throwaway statements that have no actual substance.[/quote]For the last time,Morty, I''ve given you a link that leads to plenty of names/examples.If you choose to ignore them as they don''t fit into your narrow agenda, then that''s your problem.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Ray"]Reggie,

You obviously did not pick up on the irony, especially where I refered to, lies, damn lies and stats.[/quote]I do kind of appreciate that Ray.But there were , despite what Moty would have you believe, a fair few people who, last week, jumped on the bandwagon to suggest that it was more than just light hearted irony... [/quote]You should name names.You keep coming out with these throwaway statements that have no actual substance.[/quote]For the last time,Morty, I''ve given you a link that leads to plenty of names/examples.If you choose to ignore them as they don''t fit into your narrow agenda, then that''s your problem.[/quote]Yup, you keep back pedalling because you have made broad, sweeping statements, that you actually quantify.Again.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]As so often , the only backpedalling, Morty , is being done by your good self.[/quote]No back pedalling here whatsoever, can you quantify that statement?After you answer these points that you are avoiding?So who has shown complacency?Who has excused the capitulation?Who said we would definitely win yesterday?Who is saying we will EASILY avoid the drop?You should put some meat on the bones here and name names, because I don''t see anyone saying all of the above.

Oh, and just for clarity of discussion, what exactly is my narrow agenda that you keep referring to?

[quote user="Ray"]Reggie, It was I who was the OP for this thread and it is apparent you have taken it far too seriously. The title of the thread was; The Stats Prove We Are Already Safe - Don''t they? (Notice the ? Reggie) You obviously did not pick up on the irony, especially where I refered to, lies, damn lies and stats.[/quote]

I''ve just had a look back at Ray''s thread.  Plenty of intelligent debate on there, with many posters pointing out we are not safe yet, whatever the stats say.

But also plenty pointing out that we have been clocking up enough points so far that if we carry on at the same rate, we should end up safe.  And today we are on 28 points after 28 games, so this remains true.  Of course the team - supported by the fans - will need to apply themselves for that to happen.  Yesterday was a bad day, the week before was a good day.  That''s football especially when you follow a team like City.

Many of those who want Hughton out have been saying (for as long as I can remember) that our form will drop and we''ll fall into the relegation zone.  So far it hasn''t happened.  I''ve even seen a poster arguing we''ve had "relegation form" for the last 12 months or whatever, which is just bomkers when you look at our league position over that time.

For me realistically we face a risk of relegation (but there are IMO 5 teams at higher risk) so as long as we can carry on as we are doing at the moment, I think we''ll be ok although it may be a bumpy ride and not as comfortable as we''d like (a bit like last season).

You can call that complacency but I disagree.  I call it realism. 

I also expect that every time we lose a game for the rest of the season, we''ll see the same meltdown on this forum with threads saying we won''t win again for the rest of the season and are sure to be relegated etc.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[quote user="Ray"]Reggie, It was I who was the OP for this thread and it is apparent you have taken it far too seriously. The title of the thread was; The Stats Prove We Are Already Safe - Don''t they? (Notice the ? Reggie) You obviously did not pick up on the irony, especially where I refered to, lies, damn lies and stats.[/quote]

I''ve just had a look back at Ray''s thread.  Plenty of intelligent debate on there, with many posters pointing out we are not safe yet, whatever the stats say.

But also plenty pointing out that we have been clocking up enough points so far that if we carry on at the same rate, we should end up safe.  And today we are on 28 points after 28 games, so this remains true.  Of course the team - supported by the fans - will need to apply themselves for that to happen.  Yesterday was a bad day, the week before was a good day.  That''s football especially when you follow a team like City.

Many of those who want Hughton out have been saying (for as long as I can remember) that our form will drop and we''ll fall into the relegation zone.  So far it hasn''t happened.  I''ve even seen a poster arguing we''ve had "relegation form" for the last 12 months or whatever, which is just bomkers when you look at our league position over that time.

For me realistically we face a risk of relegation (but there are IMO 5 teams at higher risk) so as long as we can carry on as we are doing at the moment, I think we''ll be ok although it may be a bumpy ride and not as comfortable as we''d like (a bit like last season).

You can call that complacency but I disagree.  I call it realism. 

I also expect that every time we lose a game for the rest of the season, we''ll see the same meltdown on this forum with threads saying we won''t win again for the rest of the season and are sure to be relegated etc.

[/quote]Good stuff ICF[Y]