Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Not got the quality needed

Dont think it would matter who was in charge ,after watching the villa match it is clear the players are not up to the premiership level, we would be ok in the championship,but not in the top class.Ruddy is the only one who would be ok but hooper and the wolf have been a disappointment and they are out of thier depth,. lets face it we are not going to survive ,as everybody was saying due to the last few games of the season we needed to be safe by then ,that is not going to happen ,whether we change managers or not, just enjoy seeing the premiership stars for the rest of the season as could be a while before we see them again.

I agree we do lack quality but to say we are already resigned to going down is rubbish.

We are on track to stay up . The last 4 games hold be fears for us as Man City game showed.

Get a grip and join in the support as we are in a fight to the end.

OTBC

[quote user="yellow old boy"]lets face it we are not going to survive...[/quote]We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

Those same players got results against Man City and Spurs so there is some quality there, we have to be at the top of our game every week though

I know we''ve got a small budget but in retrospect I don''t think we''ve bought well at all since we returned to this league. I''d say the quality of the squad is maybe 10% higher than it was in a first year and far less motivated.

So running through the team:

Ruddy was already here and is comfortably Premiership class

Fer is top quality but is still settling in and adjusting and Tettey is a very good defensive midfielder

Bassong and Snodgrass looked comfortably midtable premiership class last year but look borderline championship this year.

Turner and Ollson are good enough just about.

The rest imo are bottom Prem/Top Championship players. Redmond will be great in the future undoubtedly and the 2 strikers may improve a bit but are obviously nothing special.

Maybe we''ve all been blinded by their transfer fees and previous records in lower quality leagues and been blaming the manager for their performances when in reality the team just isn''t good enough.

Which really shouldn''t be the case after our third year especially as we had a great base to star with. The manager deserves a lot of flak for transforming the team into something worse while spending a decent amount of money on fees at least but from what I understand nowdays the manager isn''t that involved in transfers anymore.

It''s sad that this has happened. We had so much going for us in 2011, the 20 million debt was obviously a big factor but we shouldn''t have gone backwards!

[quote user="yellow old boy"]Dont think it would matter who was in charge ,after watching the villa match it is clear the players are not up to the premiership level, we would be ok in the championship,but not in the top class.Ruddy is the only one who would be ok but hooper and the wolf have been a disappointment and they are out of thier depth,. lets face it we are not going to survive ,as everybody was saying due to the last few games of the season we needed to be safe by then ,that is not going to happen ,whether we change managers or not, just enjoy seeing the premiership stars for the rest of the season as could be a while before we see them again.[/quote]It is all a matter of opinions, of course, but on paper our squad is not one of the worst three in the Premier League. The Cardif and Crystal Palace squads are noticeably weaker, and I would say West Brom''s players are overall less talented. I would have included Hull as being weaker, but not now, with their January strengthening up front, which, incidentally, included a further weakening of the West Brom squad.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]I agree we do lack quality but to say we are already resigned to going down is rubbish.

We are on track to stay up . The last 4 games hold be fears for us as Man City game showed.

Get a grip and join in the support as we are in a fight to the end.

OTBC[/quote]The last 4 games hold no fear for us , Jesus you couldnt make it up, Man Utd as crap as they are have done us 4-0 and 1-0 already this season , Liverpool dick us every time we meet , can anybody even remember the last time we beat Chelsea so that leaves Arsenal . Yep thats right no worries City fans we may have lost to West Ham Cardiff Fulham and Villa but if we need points from those last 4 games we will beat those top sides out of sight .

Norwich beat Chelsea 3-2 at where-ever it is they play.

They were 2-0 up then let 3 in.

Would''ve been 1992/93, I think. That season, anyway.

Only 21 years ago then.

Apart from the last 4 games we still have Fulham to play and we all know we cant beat them

[quote user="K Lo"]Norwich beat Chelsea 3-2 at where-ever it is they play.

They were 2-0 up then let 3 in.

Would''ve been 1992/93, I think. That season, anyway.[/quote]That was when Dave Beasant decided to lend us a hand with some truly comic goalkeeping.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="K Lo"]Norwich beat Chelsea 3-2 at where-ever it is they play. They were 2-0 up then let 3 in. Would''ve been 1992/93, I think. That season, anyway.[/quote]

That was when Dave Beasant decided to lend us a hand with some truly comic goalkeeping.

[/quote]

Was at the game. Stood about five miles away from the pitch in the uncovered end of Stamford Bridge. A Truly Memorable game. If memory serves a brace from Robbins and a shot from "Diamond" Dave Phillips that wasn''t even going in , Beasant somehow let it go under him and hooked it into the net.

Fleck played for Chelsea that day.

On the final whistle the Norwich players ran to Beasant to offer sympathy. Legend has it DB was sacked in the dressing room afterwards.

Happy Days. [:D]