Sign in to follow this  
MancCanary

In-fighting on this board..

..Is getting very boring and depressing to read/see. I rarely click on the 3rd page of any thread now because I know it will have descended into arguments between the same old people.

It''s going round in circles, and calling people "inners" and "outers" is just making people more encamped and divided. I would say that we just have to accept that some people are optimistic and some are pessimistic (but want to be called "realistic" :) - but no one''s really wrong - we''re all just pundits really, analysing what we see and giving our opinions. None of us are involved behind the scenes at City and the only effect we can actually have is to be in the crowd.

Without (hopefully) sounding all holier than thou - I think people need to show more of an understanding that there are 2 sides to it all - and accept a little more of what the other side is saying, cos everyone speaks a bit of sense - it''s true we''re not relegated yet, it''s true we''ve still got every chance of staying up, but it''s also true that we''re also very inconsistent and have every chance of going down. BUT - No one knows. So when you make a comment, don''t say it like it''s fact and whoever disagrees is a moron - because you don''t know any better than I, or the next person.

There are justifications to be positive about City, and there are good reasons to be negative. But it''s best to acknowledge both sides and accept that this season is going to be an unpredictable and nerve-wracking one right to the end.

We''re all Norwich City fans remember, and if the Pink Un boards were a pub, we''d probably all be getting on well and almost no one would''ve been punched for having their opinion :)

Please don''t now start arguing in this thread too!

[quote user="Shaun Tilly Lace"]Sometimes the arguments are wonderfully off topic by the 3rd or 4th page too. Did, Didn''t, did, didn''t etc etc.[/quote]

No they''re not.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Shaun Tilly Lace"]Sometimes the arguments are wonderfully off topic by the 3rd or 4th page too. Did, Didn''t, did, didn''t etc etc.[/quote]

No they''re not.

[/quote][:D]

Could not agree more, Manc.But of course it doesn''t help if posters (of whatever persuasion) just default to the kneejerk reaction of throwing toys out of the pram when another posts by citing ''twisting'', misrepresentation'', ''lying'' etc, does it?It''s all about opinions and beliefs . I''d agree that people are entitled to either see things negatively or positively. Pity some folk do not take such an open minded view, though.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Could not agree more, Manc.But of course it doesn''t help if posters (of whatever persuasion) just default to the kneejerk reaction of throwing toys out of the pram when another posts by citing ''twisting'', misrepresentation'', ''lying'' etc, does it?It''s all about opinions and beliefs . I''d agree that people are entitled to either see things negatively or positively. Pity some folk do not take such an open minded view, though.[/quote]Well if you stop making things up, and just stick to facts, then this confusion won''t happen.Hope this helps[Y]

Great post Manc, this summarises perfectly how I feel as a new member. I don''t seem to get many responses to my posts, because generally they''re quite diplomatic and not inflammatory.

As ever, it''s the most controversial/aggressive people who tend to dominate the limelight – that''s inevitable, really, but it does become a bit tedious after a while.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Could not agree more, Manc.But of course it doesn''t help if posters (of whatever persuasion) just default to the kneejerk reaction of throwing toys out of the pram when another posts by citing ''twisting'', misrepresentation'', ''lying'' etc, does it?It''s all about opinions and beliefs . I''d agree that people are entitled to either see things negatively or positively. Pity some folk do not take such an open minded view, though.[/quote]

HA!  Gobbldygook.  You try to cover your tracks faster than Snodgrass runs up the wing........oh.....

Agree with opp.

I am and will always be an optimist in everything I do. Optimists live longer, achieve more and have a better life. It''s a way of life.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]Agree with opp.

I am and will always be an optimist in everything I do. Optimists live longer, achieve more and have a better life. It''s a way of life.[/quote]

Good on you mate, honestly. I try to be an optimist in life too, but I don''t always succeed!

But that wasn''t what my post was about. I was saying that the optimists need to accept more of what the more critical people think, and vice-versa. Give n take.. and just generally be nicer to each other and all that hippy shit. Life''s too short to be w@nkers to fans of the same team you support!

I visit another footballforum but as there are only a handful of Norwich fans on there, I come across to this one most days.

Yesterday, I could not believe there was some argument about only those from Britain being allowed to post etc. etc. We are all fans of this football club, does it matter where we are from?

Come on guys, we all want the best for NCFC, I think. We surely all want them to avoid the drop this season. Alot of us get frustrated at the lack of goals, results etc and its the passion for our club that makes us frustrated.

I can''t believe there isn''t a fan of Norwich who wasn''t embarassed by that game and result yesterday and isn''t slightly worried that we may be relegated.

OTBC

The fundamental problem with the OP is that not everyone on here is a real fan. Some have a passing interest in norwich dressed up as support.

Trying to identify these non enteties and ignoring their opinions and only dealing with the real fans is hard

Its all a matter of opinion. There can be no right or wrongs with opinion. My opinion is no more or no less valid than anyone else''s. I expect people to respect my opinion and in return I will respect theirs. If everyone stuck to this mantra this board a lot nicer place to be. Moo

[quote user="Moosheep"]Its all a matter of opinion. There can be no right or wrongs with opinion. My opinion is no more or no less valid than anyone else''s. I expect people to respect my opinion and in return I will respect theirs. If everyone stuck to this mantra this board a lot nicer place to be. Moo[/quote]

Absolutely right. And so would the world!

I am and will always be an optimist in everything I do. Optimists live longer, achieve more and have a better life. It''s a way of life.[/quote]But...http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Pessimist-Is-Never-Disappointed/dp/B001KQMP3S/ref=dm_att_trk2(and damn Sophie E-B used to be hot)

Two of the problems are the people who come on here just to wind others up and those who use insults like " if you can''t see this then you are a moron " which just starts a slanging match. Pretty childish stuff really.

It''s the same on most online discussion fora, OP. Don''t let it get to you. The main reasons for it have been adequately covered by some of the above replies; mainly a mixture of deliberate trolling and a degree of immaturity.

[quote user="Chip20"]It''s the same on most online discussion fora, OP. Don''t let it get to you. The main reasons for it have been adequately covered by some of the above replies; mainly a mixture of deliberate trolling and a degree of immaturity.[/quote]

You''re right, but it''s got a lot worse on this board in the last year or so, since we became ''established'' in the Premiership. The deliberate trolling is just pathetic (ie Thorpe End), and that''s ignorable, but its the people who have developed into sworn enemies, who constantly snipe and belittle each other in a never-ending war of one-upmanship that ruins it for everyone else. I was trying to bring it to their attention that it is very boring for everyone else, and makes them look a little ... pathetic frankly. Grown men. Grow up!

It''s the frustration of seeing your football club mess up big style and not being able to do anything about except coming on here and shouting at fellow fans. After yesterday''s result and the many similar results this season it can go too far on here,which a lot of us are guilty of, but it''s the rough and tumble of a forum.

I am and will always be an optimist in everything I do. Optimists live longer, achieve more and have a better life. It''s a way of life.[/quote]It''s great to live longer if you''re compis mentis and all your bits still work but not so great if you''re ga-ga and sitting there dribbling in the TV lounge of  ''God''s Waiting Room''  just waiting for the end to come.Still at least then I suppose you''d be spared on having to reflect how fortunate you are to still be here when the young miserablists have long since departed.....[;)]

I have to agree with the OP.

Some good debates on threads often get lost amongst bickering and petty points scoring and is a factor on why I rarely post on this forum.

It''s far too simple to polarise posters as ''Inners'' or ''Outers'' like a tabloid newspaper would do. As with any situation there are shades of grey and the one thing we all have in common is that we are all supporters and want what is best for our great club.

By all means disagree with my opinion, but please do so respectfully.

[quote user="Moosheep"]Its all a matter of opinion. There can be no right or wrongs with opinion. My opinion is no more or no less valid than anyone else''s. I expect people to respect my opinion and in return I will respect theirs. If everyone stuck to this mantra this board a lot nicer place to be. Moo[/quote]Absolute horse sh  it !There are wrongs and there should not be an automatic presumption of respect. Are we to respect the opinions of suicide bombers, paedophiles or religious extremists ... or even any religious folk ?Of course other people''s opinions will be more valid than yours - simply on the basis of experience ie those at Villa yesterday will have a more valid opinion of entering and leaving the ground than those not there.Likeswise an opinion needs to have some basis on fact rather than simply being warbled out in the belief that it is equal to all others simply because it has been expressed.Whilst there should be a respect for the right to express an opinion (within certain limitations), that right should not exempt that opinion from being challenged and criticised. A prime example being in the extreme right wing of politics where any challenge is met with the dimwitted bleat '' oh, so I am not allowed my opinion then ?" ...... the irony of that probably not lost on most.As to here then it should be obvious to anyone with more than a handful of brain cells who is posting as a tro;;, with little beyond an attempt to wind up city fans. Sadly there are still the dimwits who fall for these ''new'' names.