Sign in to follow this  
morty

Away fans

I think you are losing the plot Morty. In the past 24 hours you have said that you want non-Brits banned from the forum, have criticised our loyal away support, and are now resorting to foul and abusive language (yet again).

Nutjob!

Answer what question? I never claimed to be at the game yesterday. It was a topic of conversation with some friends who were, and was a relevent topic for discussion here.

and le juge, you are a pathetic, small girthed trouser sausage.

What alot of this chanting was about, and i did laugh, because to most fans who work hard all week, and then served up that dross time and time again, not just once, but prob now for two season, when there hard earned dosh could be better off used else were!! it is a bit of a tongue in cheek, When you realise Elmander is on a week more than most earn in a year, puts it into perspective really, and when you have a gun weilding centre half who is the captain and should be leading by example, gives a performance like that, shame a few select chants wernt aimed at him, but then what ever would be chanted, the PC brigade would come flying out!! So all in all it was a laugh at ourselfs, and a bit of p***take!!

Brienne wrote the following post at 03/03/2014 6:36 PM:

morty wrote the following post at 03/03/2014 1:31 PM:

Chanting "*** off Elmander, we''d rather have Holt" or chanting "Off off off" when Elmander made a late challenge, singing "Lambert give us a wave" and booing when players misplaced passes, and cheering every touch Holt made.

Sorry but do you think you are helping?

How do you know this happened?

Was it most of our fans or just a few?

I wasnt there so i dont know but from watching on Sky our fans sounded fantastic.

This question!

Its on the previous page about 4 posts back!!

And i answered in my last post, it came up in a conversation with a group of friends who were there.

Do you think I made it up or something?

I was there for my 4th trip to Villa Park in a Norwich shirt and my 4th defeat and I must say for 30 mins the Yellow Army out sang the Villa.

They supported the team throughout the game until Holty came on and he got a rousing reception from all of the traveling fans.

The Elmander song was sung by about 50 in the upper tier but more in jest as by this stage the game was long gone!

[quote user="Rupethebear"]I was there for my 4th trip to Villa Park in a

Norwich shirt and my 4th defeat

[/quote]

I think most of us can relate to that. I''ve been there twice that amount and have managed to see 5 defeats, 1 draw, a semi-final defeat to Everton and an FA Cup 2nd replay 5-0 defeat to Leeds. I think we''ve only ever won there 3 times so if you happen to catch one of those treasure it!

Maybe the players should show as much passion as the fans do then maybe the fans will get behind the team instead of booing I was at the game but didn''t join in with the chanting most of the chanting was deserved and I''m surprised there wasn''t more aimed at CH For yet again terrible substitutions and tactics

If fans came to carrow road and gave their own players stick like that, asked hughton to give them a wave, and song bummed one of our players, I would think it a bit tinpot, to be honest.

When you sign a 32 year old Swedish international with 20 international goals, ahead of Toivanen in the Sweden team and preferred partner of Ibrahimovic, part of the team which thrashed England in a four goal romp, somebody who has managed double figures in this league before, and who was playing in the Champions League last season in the same team as Wesley Sneidjer and Didier Drogba, and you know that he is making £1.3m out of his stay here...

... is it really any surprise when he turns out the performances that he has this season that after 19 league games without a goal he might start getting a bit of a ribbing?

The truth is that Elmander has been awful, a flop of truly epic proportions, and there isn''t really any point in denying it any more.

What amazes me is how poor people believe we are and then how they react when we lose at Villa. Do some of you think by changing the manager we''ll start winning these games?

[quote user="Le Juge"]When you sign a 32 year old Swedish international with 20 international goals, ahead of Toivanen in the Sweden team and preferred partner of Ibrahimovic, part of the team which thrashed England in a four goal romp, somebody who has managed double figures in this league before, and who was playing in the Champions League last season in the same team as Wesley Sneidjer and Didier Drogba, and you know that he is making £1.3m out of his stay here...

... is it really any surprise when he turns out the performances that he has this season that after 19 league games without a goal he might start getting a bit of a ribbing?

The truth is that Elmander has been awful, a flop of truly epic proportions, and there isn''t really any point in denying it any more.[/quote]But I still don''t understand why he was singled out yesterday. He wasn''t on the pitch when we capitulated in the first half, and when he did come on, he was certainly no worse than most of the other!!

"Do some of you think by changing the manager we''ll start winning these games?"

Are you seriously going to persist in making this a Hughton in or Hughton out debate?

Well I can''t stop you can I.

Morty, Nigel, and Dubai Mark want to have a Hughton debate.

But they want to make out that I wanted that debate. It is as clear as the light of day.

I thought it would at least get to the second page before turning into one.

LOL, wrong thread.

In that case.... Yes I do believe that the right manager could improve our away form and make us play with more optimism and belief.

"But I still don''t understand why he was singled out yesterday"

Singled out by about 1% of the Norwich fans in the ground. That''s the point though isn''t it?

Away fans were absolutely fantastic yesterday in the soaking wet, singing for 90 minutes. A few of them were miserable and keeping their spirits up with some gallows humour, good on them.

If you object to that 1% having a laugh then fine, but make it clear that you don''t have a problem with the other 99% because otherwise it looks like you are attacking some of the best away fans in the nation.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

What amazes me is how poor people believe we are and then how they react when we lose at Villa. Do some of you think by changing the manager we''ll start winning these games?

[/quote]

No but if we are losing a game it would be good to know we have a manager who will change the formation change the personnel on the pitch and put up a fight in the game, instead of maybe putting a striker with no pace on the wing and leaving one upfront, if we concede first in any game I can never see us coming back

Sorry Le Juge, just to make it clear, I was only talking about the fans who sang anti Elmander chants yesterday (not sure whether it was 1% or not, didn''t get the chance to count them!!). The rest of the fans I thought were fantastic. Is that better???

[quote user="morty"][quote user="iwansnorwich"]Where did I say we went out to lose morty? We''re talking about the latter stages of the game here. We all watched the second half, we were not trying to get ourselves back into the game. In fact the manager has said it was simply about keeping a clean sheet.[/quote]Have you ever booed our players during a game?Do you think it helps in any way?[/quote]

You absolutely love to put words in peoples mouths don''t you morty? Twice in successive replies to me you''ve done it.

[quote user="Brienne"]Sox 1 sounds like you were actually there, was it most of the fans or just a few making these chants?[/quote]In truth it was probably just a few, but it was quite audible in the ground

Thanks for the reply Sox, I have been trying to get the info from the OP but I guess he didnt actually know the answer.

There are always a few at every away game that sound off with shit, sounds like this is no different.

Fans sounded great on SKY, looks like somebody trying to divert the justified critisism of manager and team towards the fans.

[quote user="mbncfc1"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

No but if we are losing a game it would be good to know we have a manager who will change the formation change the personnel on the pitch and put up a fight in the game, instead of maybe putting a striker with no pace on the wing and leaving one upfront, if we concede first in any game I can never see us coming back[/quote]

Firstly are you the real mbncfc?

He was kind of hamstrung on who he could bring off the bench to change it. Much was made about the subs at Cardiff but he had players on the bench to bring on that day. Yesterday Pilks was already on. Who would you have replaced Redmond with? Bunn, Whittaker, Becchio or Ryan Bennett?

[quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="morty"][quote user="iwansnorwich"]Where did I say we went out to lose morty? We''re talking about the latter stages of the game here. We all watched the second half, we were not trying to get ourselves back into the game. In fact the manager has said it was simply about keeping a clean sheet.[/quote]Have you ever booed our players during a game?Do you think it helps in any way?[/quote]

You absolutely love to put words in peoples mouths don''t you morty? Twice in successive replies to me you''ve done it.[/quote]
I was asking you a question, how is that putting words in your mouth?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="mbncfc1"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

No but if we are losing a game it would be good to know we have a manager who will change the formation change the personnel on the pitch and put up a fight in the game, instead of maybe putting a striker with no pace on the wing and leaving one upfront, if we concede first in any game I can never see us coming back[/quote]

Firstly are you the real mbncfc?

He was kind of hamstrung on who he could bring off the bench to change it. Much was made about the subs at Cardiff but he had players on the bench to bring on that day. Yesterday Pilks was already on. Who would you have replaced Redmond with? Bunn, Whittaker, Becchio or Ryan Bennett?

[/quote]

No I''m not the real mbncfc who ever he is

Just because you take off a winger doesn''t mean you have to play a striker there ,why not go 2 upfront and play the diamond in midfield, me personally I would have maid all 3 subs at half time and went for it we had nothing else to lose