Sign in to follow this  
morty

Away fans

Chanting "Fuck off Elmander, we''d rather have Holt" or chanting "Off off off" when Elmander made a late challenge, singing "Lambert give us a wave" and booing when players misplaced passes, and cheering every touch Holt made.Sorry but do you think you are helping?

I wasn''t there, so can''t comment.

I don''t think it''s helpful at all, let me put that out first of all. But when your team capitulate to the extent they did - and showed pretty much no fight or willingness to compete in the second half - they players deserve everything thrown at them.

We''ll sing their names and admire when they get things right, but when as a whole, they get things that much wrong? Having not even attended myself, I can''t blame away fans for wanting to have a laugh whilst also venting their frustration at the current set-up / performances / whatever.

[quote user="hogesar"]I wasn''t there, so can''t comment.

I don''t think it''s helpful at all, let me put that out first of all. But when your team capitulate to the extent they did - and showed pretty much no fight or willingness to compete in the second half - they players deserve everything thrown at them.

We''ll sing their names and admire when they get things right, but when as a whole, they get things that much wrong? Having not even attended myself, I can''t blame away fans for wanting to have a laugh whilst also venting their frustration at the current set-up / performances / whatever.[/quote]How do you think it makes the players feel though?What if it knocked their confidence so much that it was on their minds next time we play?I understand fans'' frustration, but for me, no, it was stupid.

Not sure. Depends if you''re a good player or not. A good player should have the mentality to cope. A weak player won''t.

Trying to put myself in the shoes of one of the lads on the pitch...my first thought would be "Yep, we''ve definitely let the fans down here". If i was Hooper, and heard the fans towards Holt, i''d think "That''s what legend status can get you - i''m no where near that".

Or they could think "Fuck the fans, they''re all twats". It''s entirely a by-players basis.

I think the 4-1 drubbing has probably knocked any small amount of confidence left anyway. Fans pay their money to travel that distance, with the original intention of getting behind the team. Like i said, since i didn''t go i wouldn''t dream of telling other fans what was right or wrong to sing / chant or whatever.

[quote user="hogesar"]Not sure. Depends if you''re a good player or not. A good player should have the mentality to cope. A weak player won''t.

Trying to put myself in the shoes of one of the lads on the pitch...my first thought would be "Yep, we''ve definitely let the fans down here". If i was Hooper, and heard the fans towards Holt, i''d think "That''s what legend status can get you - i''m no where near that".

Or they could think "Fuck the fans, they''re all twats". It''s entirely a by-players basis.

I think the 4-1 drubbing has probably knocked any small amount of confidence left anyway. Fans pay their money to travel that distance, with the original intention of getting behind the team. Like i said, since i didn''t go i wouldn''t dream of telling other fans what was right or wrong to sing / chant or whatever.[/quote]This is in the same category of previous discussions re booing during a game.For me, yeah, show your displeasure at the final whistle, but not during the game, thats helping nothing.I doubt very much it will motivate the players in any way.

We used to laugh at Wolves fans but in reality every club has those fans we used to laugh at. It''s the easiest thing in the world to support a club sweeping all before it. When things go wrong it''s more difficult. We will have more disappointing seasons than good seasons. We always have. It''s just recently we have had more good ones than disappointing.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]I wasn''t there, so can''t comment.

We''ll sing their names and admire when they get things right, but when as a whole, they get things that much wrong? Having not even attended myself, I can''t blame away fans for wanting to have a laugh whilst also venting their frustration at the current set-up / performances / whatever.[/quote]How do you think it makes the players feel though?What if it knocked their confidence so much that it was on their minds next time we play?I understand fans'' frustration, but for me, no, it was stupid.[/quote]

They play naff even when fans are behind them. So why should it make the slightest difference. You are the king of blaming everything on everyone other than manager or player''s

[quote user="Snodders babies"][quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]I wasn''t there, so can''t comment.

We''ll sing their names and admire when they get things right, but when as a whole, they get things that much wrong? Having not even attended myself, I can''t blame away fans for wanting to have a laugh whilst also venting their frustration at the current set-up / performances / whatever.[/quote]How do you think it makes the players feel though?What if it knocked their confidence so much that it was on their minds next time we play?I understand fans'' frustration, but for me, no, it was stupid.[/quote]

They play naff even when fans are behind them. So why should it make the slightest difference. You are the king of blaming everything on everyone other than manager or player''s[/quote]Where did I say I blamed the result on the fans, can you point that out please?

[quote user="Snodders babies"]Yawn. Bore off[/quote]

Typical plastics didn''t travel there didn''t get soaked watching it did get the stick from the villa fans.

To a man they were a disgrace they deserved everything they got and more.

[quote user="Snodders babies"]Yawn. Bore off[/quote]I''ll take that as "Yes I totally misinterpreted your point morty, please accept my apologies"

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"][quote user="Snodders babies"]Yawn. Bore off[/quote] Typical plastics didn''t travel there didn''t get soaked watching it did get the stick from the villa fans. To a man they were a disgrace they deserved everything they got and more.[/quote]

Very harsh on the travelling fans there Waveney.

How did the scummers do this weekend BTW ?

"For me, yeah, show your displeasure at the final whistle, but not during the game, thats helping nothing."

Considering the team and manager were not even trying to win the game, what difference does it make?

[quote user="iwansnorwich"]"For me, yeah, show your displeasure at the final whistle, but not during the game, thats helping nothing."

Considering the team and manager were not even trying to win the game, what difference does it make?[/quote]So the team and the manager deliberately set out to lose? And of course you can back this "fact" up?Of course the crowd makes a difference, what a stupid thing to say.

Where did I say we went out to lose morty? We''re talking about the latter stages of the game here. We all watched the second half, we were not trying to get ourselves back into the game. In fact the manager has said it was simply about keeping a clean sheet.

[quote user="iwansnorwich"]Where did I say we went out to lose morty? We''re talking about the latter stages of the game here. We all watched the second half, we were not trying to get ourselves back into the game. In fact the manager has said it was simply about keeping a clean sheet.[/quote]Have you ever booed our players during a game?Do you think it helps in any way?

On TV the fans sounded defiant.  Towards the end of the match there were several rousing choruses of OTBC - a credit to themselves and the club.   There may have been some moronic chanting,  there are always some who can''t quite get the hang of how to support their team..... 

Some good natured WFLGH came across too, which was good to hear, especially as the match was all but over as a contest. 

Did that shower of 5hit deserve any support ? why some of you feel the need to treat them like little babies is beyond me , they dont give a toss about Norwich City supporters only their big fat wages .

Personally I thought most of the singing was ironic and ment in the right spirit. I found the song about having a shot on target particularly amusing and the boing when we lost the ball was simply because we were greeting each pass with a cheer as if we we''re comfortably ahead.

I didn''t join in with some of the stick aimed at Elmander buy I can assure you the second half atmosphere beat being stood in the cold in stunned silence like we were after the quick fire 4 goals

[quote user="Lionel Wessi"]Personally I thought most of the singing was ironic and ment in the right spirit. I found the song about having a shot on target particularly amusing and the boing when we lost the ball was simply because we were greeting each pass with a cheer as if we we''re comfortably ahead.

I didn''t join in with some of the stick aimed at Elmander buy I can assure you the second half atmosphere beat being stood in the cold in stunned silence like we were after the quick fire 4 goals[/quote]Yes, I travel away myself quite often, I get the "gallows" humour.But the Elmander stuff? Nah, bit too far for me.

Totally agree with you Morty....Elmander hasn''t been brilliant this season, but he''s done nother to deserve that kind of treatment!!

[quote user="Lionel Wessi"]Personally I thought most of the singing was ironic and ment in the right spirit. I found the song about having a shot on target particularly amusing and the boing when we lost the ball was simply because we were greeting each pass with a cheer as if we we''re comfortably ahead.

I didn''t join in with some of the stick aimed at Elmander buy I can assure you the second half atmosphere beat being stood in the cold in stunned silence like we were after the quick fire 4 goals[/quote]pretty much agree with all of this. yes it probably wasn''t helpful to the players but when your cold and miserable plus faced with the prospect of a long journey back a little bit of light hearted fun is about all you can do to get some enjoyment out of the day. Also if it upset the players its nothing on how i felt getting in at 1 in the morning. and i think most of the elmander chants were from a very small minority.

[quote user="lake district canary"]  Some good natured WFLGH came across too, which was good to hear, especially as the match was all but over as a contest.  [/quote]Exactly - if the game is over as a contest, we might as well let GH know that he is still remembered fondly - in fact I''d say it would have been churlish to do otherwise.

On the TV you could hear more City fans singing OTBC towards the end and cheering completed passes than you could hear Villa, so you can''t knock that.  And also some WFLGH which again in the circumstances I would have joined in with.

I don''t like the anti-Elmander stuff but it must have been pretty minor as you couldn''t really hear it on the TV.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Lionel Wessi"]Personally I thought most of the singing was ironic and ment in the right spirit. I found the song about having a shot on target particularly amusing and the boing when we lost the ball was simply because we were greeting each pass with a cheer as if we we''re comfortably ahead.

I didn''t join in with some of the stick aimed at Elmander buy I can assure you the second half atmosphere beat being stood in the cold in stunned silence like we were after the quick fire 4 goals[/quote]Yes, I travel away myself quite often, I get the "gallows" humour.But the Elmander stuff? Nah, bit too far for me.[/quote]Sounds that like me you were watching this rather than being there in person Morty.I can''t honestly say I heard the Elmander stuff which does seem a bit OTT but I wasn''t sitting there in the p*ssing rain shell-shocked from that 1st half capitulation. From where I live getting there yesterday would have involved a train/bus journey of some three hours each way coupled with a £39 tab for a match ticket. The way we''ve been playing a bit of a no-brainer really.Although it was Villa''s lowest League attendance of the season I was surprised how quiet their fans were even allowing for the rubbish 2nd half from both sides.You''d have thought they''d have had the place rocking but they must have been as shell-shocked as City fans as they never see their lads bang in four goals against anyone anymore...[:O]

The fans have every right to vocally criticize players and managers who are being paid huge amounts of money despite continually not doing their jobs whether it be through lack of ability or worse, lack of effort. Far more respect for these fans, than the happy clappers who applaud every single peformance regardless. The scenes of scarf waving, happy clapping bumpkins applauding the players off after we were dismally relegated at fulham, and worse, after losing 4-2 at charlton and being demoted to league one particularly stick in my memory. Made me sick to my stomach.

No other fans would sing things for other clubs players, joke supporters, Villa fans must typically think lwhat a load of bumpkin idiots

morty wrote the following post at 03/03/2014 1:31 PM:

Chanting "*** off Elmander, we''d rather have Holt" or chanting "Off off off" when Elmander made a late challenge, singing "Lambert give us a wave" and booing when players misplaced passes, and cheering every touch Holt made.

Sorry but do you think you are helping?

How do you know this happened?

Was it most of our fans or just a few?

I wasnt there so i dont know but from watching on Sky our fans sounded fantastic.

Right so let''s get this straight, I can''t believe what I am seeing really.

Morty, who didn''t go to Villa Park on Sunday and stayed at home to watch it on a stream and post on here, is daring to criticise those who did make the long journey and buy a ticket to go and sing their hearts out for 90 minutes in the pouring rain, even when we were 4-1 down?

I''m not seeing things am I?