Sign in to follow this  
minestrone

How much for an old NCFC shirt?

Just wondering if anyone has any idea of the value of an old NCFC shirt. It is the Fosters Lager shirt which from research seems to be from around 86'' to 89'' roughly, although the only ones I have seen from that period have a green trim around the neck, sleeve and cuff but mine has black trim. It is in very good condition with all printing intact. This is in the best condition of the shirts I have, but I also have the long sleeved Admiral shirt from around 76-77 season from when I was a ball-boy as we were given a full replica kit as ''payment''. I remember the game well, we posed with Tony Powell as Player of the Month before kick-off, playing against Spurs in front of over 30,000. Despite its age the condition is not too bad. The other shirt is the one with wide green pin-strip, no sponsors name, probably from around late 70''s, early 80''s.

Not much I think you''ll find, if it''s unsigned and not from a classic occasion or memorable like the one with the spotty pattern.

Your best bet is to search completed listings on eBay to see what they''ve been sold for in the past.

I must admit I don''t remember the one with the black trim. However I paid just shy of £100 for the Fosters shirt with the green trim, and that was around 2 years ago.

the below link is where I''ve got a few of my older shirts from. they want £110 for it: -

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/premiership-clubs/norwich-city.html?dir=desc&order=price

I think its the 86/87 Hummel Fosters Lager away strip that had black trim at the bottom and green sleeves.http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Norwich_City/Norwich_City.htm

Ive thought about this as well as I have a centenary blue and white shirt in a large boys (I was a chubba) and the gold flybe one as well in XL/XXL ( I was still a fat boy) and wondered how much I could get for them as shirts or Duvets...

I paid £85 for the White Asics away shirt, it came with tags and unworn...

good luck finding that again!!!! It''s my pride and joy and I wear it at home games...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I paid £85 for the White Asics away shirt, it came with tags and unworn...

good luck finding that again!!!! It''s my pride and joy and I wear it at home games...

[/quote]

Been looking for one of these for ages!!  Where did you find it?

[quote user="Vazzza"]I must admit I don''t remember the one with the black trim. However I paid just shy of £100 for the Fosters shirt with the green trim, and that was around 2 years ago.

the below link is where I''ve got a few of my older shirts from. they want £110 for it: -

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/premiership-clubs/norwich-city.html?dir=desc&order=price[/quote]It was definately used by the team- couple of the photos in the hall of fame feature the black trim. Ian Crook and Peter Mendham both have the shirt on that I''m talking about.