Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Are their genuinely happy Norwich fans?

Are there people who can hand on heart genuinely say that they are enjoying being Norwich fans at the moment?

Forget the "inner" and "outer" stuff, who has genuinely enjoyed this season? And why?

It is not so much the position- which is actually reasonable for a team our size but the abject nature of the football. When did we last score 2 goals? When did we last win two on the trot? It has been a case of a few hard fought grim wins and lots of poundings. No fun in that and it is telling on the mood of all.

I enjoy every game as they mean so much. It''s about getting emotional and that''s easy to do when your in a dog fight .

Much more interesting than mid table mediocrity. I am enjoying the ride but I am a extreme ride freak .

I would be happy us being a yo yo club and enjoying the highs and lows. I do not want mid table boredom as that is the best we can expect to achieve given our status.

So it''s exciting for me but I can handle the pressure!!! Many cannot and I feel sorry for them.

If we had to get a point from our last game to stay up I would regard that as pure theatre and enjoy every moment and cry if we go down and cry if we stay up!!!

WOOP WOOP OTBC

Yes! I always get the same buzz be it Saturday/Sunday/Wednesday or whatever day we play. I can honestly say in the 25 years of following city I have always had that same buzz whether in good times or bad.

"not the noisy negative pansies on here"

Let''s keep this one civil shall we? The next step is a stupid inners vs outers argument.

I''ve not enjoyed this season. I feel less of an affiliation with the new players, less excited, don''t have any belief or faith in our squad to get results (occassionally they surprise me), and feel like it is all getting a lot more predictable. Especially if we go a goal down, only once have we overturned a half time deficit. Not coming out and trying to play for pride if getting thrashed, the moans and groans which ring out everytime Elmander comes on, a player who just will never score a goal for us.

Not a single substitution resulting in a Norwich goal. Those are all things which have made the game less exciting for me.

I''m not enjoying it, but mainly because fellow fans never shut up. I won''t throw my toys out every time we have a bad season, the football isn''t great it must be said, but I still enjoy following City.

Most disappointing for me is that not one player has improved under this manager and the character of the board seems to have morphed into a Doomcaster fest.

Is that because Bowkett is mainly concentrating on his own business ventures now?

With all this and the Hoolahan situation it is hard to take.

My level of happiness with all things NCFC has been inconsistent like our performances on the pitch.

Happy after the wins at Stoke and WBA and at home to Spurs and Southampton amongst others and draws v Everton and Citeh. I''ve also been happy with the performances in defeat against Chelski and Man U.

Very unhappy after too many away no shows. Fortunately any unhappiness only lasts a day before anticipation at the next game takes over.

Expecting more of the same to the end of the season with hopefully enough ''happy'' days to keep us up.

I''ve not enjoyed this season. I feel less of an affiliation with the new players, less excited, don''t have any belief or faith in our squad to get results (occassionally they surprise me), and feel like it is all getting a lot more predictable. Especially if we go a goal down, only once have we overturned a half time deficit. Not coming out and trying to play for pride if getting thrashed, the moans and groans which ring out everytime Elmander comes on, a player who just will never score a goal for us.

Not a single substitution resulting in a Norwich goal. Those are all things which have made the game less exciting for me."

I can see where you care coming from Le Juge - and there is no denying the stats re Elmander or subs this season but there was still a part of me saying on 80 minutes if we could just get one back it may be a cat amongst the pigeons in the last few minutes... This is why I always enjoy my football... :)

Just another thread designed to stir things up and have a pop at Chris Hughton...................That said, surely the majority of fans for most clubs are actually never fully happy with what they are getting, we nearly all have expectations that are higher than our club can achieve, dont think that the other teams wants to win as well or maybe better than us........ and many have very short or selective memories about exactly what did happen in previous seasons....thats just the way it is........ 

"Just another thread designed to stir things up and have a pop at Chris Hughton"

You just couldn''t resist taking it down that path could you Dubai Mark?

The question was simple enough.

Watching Premier League football at Carrow Rd...why wouldn''t I be happy?Fans of 72 Football League clubs would love to be in our position......and wondering why on earth some Norwich fans are unhappy.

"Mark is right though"

A non-British resident though Morty, yesterday you were calling for him to be banned.

Same as most years that i''ve supported Norwich to be honest (perhaps apart from the Lambert years, which were truly special)Negatives and Positives. Varies game to gameSpurs for example made me proud and happy to be a Yellow..... Aston Villa however......Do the majority of the current bottom 10 clubs fans enjoy what they are watching however?Pop along to Villa / Stoke / West Brom / West Ham / Cardiff / Swansea forums etc. All full of people saying they want the manager out / not enjoying the season.

I met a Stoke fan recently who was really happy with the job that Mark Hughes is doing in changing their style of football!

Of course there are. We are doing someting we love in our leisure time. It''s just four good seasons have maybe made some lose a sense of perspective. If you seriously don''t enjoy it. Or can''t stand being beat then you''re best out of it I''m afraid. I can honestly say that I don''t think changing the manager will see much change in results.

I agree, the change would be two and a half months too late. Which is why I didn''t want an "inner" and "outer" debate, quite telling that it was three prevalent "inners" who have managed to turn this into a debate about Hughton.

I''m an "out at the end of the season-er" if anybody wants to label me.

I do not know you Le Juge (and seldom post on here so don''t have handle on your views!) but what is the reason you go to games if you do not enjoy it? (I assume you go from the blurb under your username.. :) )

If you''re referring to me Juggy then you''re barking up the wrong trtee. I was just pointing out that whoever is manager we can''t expect much more than we''re getting. So if you and others find that too difficult to take you probably won''t change it by complaining.

"but what is the reason you go to games if you do not enjoy it?"

I have been asking myself the same question this season, and that is the best answer I can give.

My main problem with this season.... is I honestly believe we have a very very good squad.It''s just the tactics, the way in which the team is often set out, the substitutions which make me angry

Following City is always up and down. Looking back there have been a handful of seasons in the last 20 years where the good was predominant. If you''re playing in the prem as a team outside the top 6 then the good results will be less than the bad. That''s the reality but a lot of people on this board just refuse to accept it.

So for me this season has been pretty normal except yhe good part is playing in the prem. Which is not something we''ve often had.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"Mark is right though"

A non-British resident though Morty, yesterday you were calling for him to be banned.[/quote]
That comment was meant for houston canary, as you well know.
Have you considered taking a day off from being a complete penis maybe?