Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Stats Man

Could the future already be sorted ?

Could it be, that it has not been possible, to bring in Chris Hughton''s successor until the start of next season, as he still has unfinished business at Celtic, so the gamble was taken. to hang on and hope, that some how we remain in the Premiership, to allow Neil Lennon to take over on July 1st.The proviso being that we stay up.If that gamble fails, then we turn to a proven Championship manager i.e. - Malky Mackay, to get us back up again.Just a thought, but either way, what are the odds that Chris Houghton, will still be here on July 1st ?

We need a change and Lennon and Malky are realistic targets and both have the passion that we all enjoyed in Paul Lambert.

I''d love to see Lennon here if we are in this league, or Malky here if we need to rebuild and come back up.

I think it is unlikely that any such agreement would be a formal one, informal discussions possibly.

No to Malky , but i believe there is something in the Lennon stories . Bottom line is could we possibly get anybody worse than what we have now ?

"Could the future already be sorted ?"

If you''re a determinist, yes.

I really don''t know what this obsession is with Lennon.  He could well be another McLeish type. He is an unknown quantity at this level and would not have - imo - the ability or the sophistication to handle the premiership.   Mackay is no wonder manager either - he may or may not do a good job in another manager''s position.  These two names that keep being bandied around are just pipe dreams and could well be pipe nightmares if they ever come to fruition.  

Be careful what you wish for.   If  Hughton is to leave - and if we stay up, I don''t think that will be any time soon - we should go for someone proven at this level - Hoddle would be my choice - or someone who has the experience of keeping clubs in this division - but there aren''t many of those.  Any choice of candidate who hasn''t the experience of managing in the premiership is a total gamble. 

As for the future being sorted,  as McNally said - he will be aware of situations, as any good CEO would be, but no more than than that. 

I think before people cry out for CH to leave at the end of the season regardless of what happens, a little bit of context is needed. If Norwich stay up then CH would be the first Norwich manager to successfully guide Norwich through back to back top flight seasons since Dave Stringer back in 1992.

I am not CH''s biggest fan by any means and I think some serious questions need to be asked of him during the summer. But the idea that we should reward him for this achievement (if we survive) by getting rid of him for Glenn Hoddle, a man which no club has touched since 2006, is absolutely mental.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I really don''t know what this obsession is with Lennon.  He could well be another McLeish type.[/quote]

That''s a good point. Who on earth would want a safety-first manager who plays dour football and aims only to keep us up?

Oh.