Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

The Messiah Principle

What is missing from our club is a Leader. The messiah inspired average players to be premier league class and got the Carra rocking. As well as that we had an inspirational captain in Holt who was both a leader and a class striker.

Hughton is not only hopeless as a tactician he also has the leadership skills of a door handle.

Until we get a leader who knows their stuff we will be struggling for ever more.

He must go now surely even out blinkered board can see that.

Hughton out. Messiah back

Not all bollox,which is unusual,as I tend to agree that we need a leader on the pitch. A Holty type figure that will help inspire and lift the team in times of trouble.

To the OP, sorry but nice idea as it is its not going to happen, let it go please.

[quote user="Herman "]Not all bollox,which is unusual,as I tend to agree that we need a leader on the pitch. A Holty type figure that will help inspire and lift the team in times of trouble.[/quote]

I feel uncomfortable that you agree with me even if it is only partially

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"][quote user="Herman "]Not all bollox,which is unusual,as I tend to agree that we need a leader on the pitch. A Holty type figure that will help inspire and lift the team in times of trouble.[/quote]

I feel uncomfortable that you agree with me even if it is only partially[/quote]Funnily enough, I have some sympathy too - for the return of Lambert view - not that it will ever happen.   I shudder when I see some of the names being bandied around as possible replacements should CH leave.  Lambert would be at least a known quantity as opposed to most that have been named.

You simply cannot advocate a change of manager right at this time. Despite your unceasing devotion to Lambert, he is clearly history as far as Norwich are concerned, you really must come to terms with that fact.

As for bringing a new face in now, I look at the Next Manager betting and see a bunch of also-rans with, in most cases, managerial records which don''t hold a candle to Hughton. Neither here at Norwich or in his former posts.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

How do you pick only 5?

I can''t pick less than12.

[/quote]

Oops wrong thread sorry.[:$]

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

How do you pick only 5?

I can''t pick less than12.

[/quote]Wrong thread?[;)]

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Not really working at Villa though is it?[/quote]

I agree but if would work again at the carra . Square peg in square hole[/quote]McNally and Lambert could never work together again....and McNally must stay!

But it didn''t work here - he chose a shape that wasn''t us. And that is as far as it will ever go. And is the reason why we shouldn''t be having this conversation so many times in such close succession.

How many threads have you started with the same topic Thorpe "end"?

Lambert almost went the summer after promotion, refused to sign a long term contract and then went at the first sniff of a more established premier league team was heard around the club.

I don''t hate him for it, you simply can''t hold ambition against anyone. It''s more the way he held our club over a barrel over it, much like he did with Colchester.

I''m still to be convinced that he is that great either. He has the potential but does seem to be sticking with the same line-up and tactics all of the time.

His football can be fun to watch, but then also be rubbish like when we he got the tactics horribly wrong against Man City in our first season, or Liverpool or Blackburn . . . .

Less than 10% chance Hughton will leave this season, I don;t like it either but the rest of this season is too important to just whine and moan about it.

And there''re more chance 5 page 3 models are laying in my bed right now waiting for me than there is of Lambert coming back here in the next 5 years at least! If you''re not on a wind up just give it up ffs!

Also Lambert couldn''t care less about us. All Lambert cares about is Lambert and his ultimate goal of managing Dortmund or maybe Celtic if it all doesn''t work out. He has about as much affiliation and respect for us as you do with the last random team you managed/played with on Fifa/Football manager

He even gave up his wife to succeed here and even then left the first chance he got. I still think he''s an excellent manager who has a very poor player recruitment policy, but his time here has passed.