Sign in to follow this  
Joaquín El Chapo Guzmán

wes to start last games

This season surely (unless injured) was good to see a creative spark for a change, that is of course until our heads went down.

That horrible manager at vile seems to have the edge (a big edge) over the mong-a-toid "managing" us at the monent. Won 4 Drawn 1.

I was gutted when he left and became a hater, now I just hope the next managers got that fire, balls, heart and the time to take some training sessions and teach the players how to find the back of the net. It seems 2-hoots doesn''t give 2 hoots!

I wouldnt have Wes within a mile of Carrow Road let alone the starting line up , called the club a 5hithouse and clearly still feels that way . Wanted to be playing for the opposition yesterday , probably only selected to point score in our childish spat with Villa .

You are Wiz and I claim another £5.

Just post under your normal name, Jesus what sort of tool registers multiple accounts to troll?!?!

[quote user="Joaquín El Chapo Guzmán "]This season surely (unless injured) was good to see a creative spark for a change, that is of course until our heads went down.

That horrible manager at vile seems to have the edge (a big edge) over the mong-a-toid "managing" us at the monent. Won 4 Drawn 1.

I was gutted when he left and became a hater, now I just hope the next managers got that fire, balls, heart and the time to take some training sessions and teach the players how to find the back of the net. It seems 2-hoots doesn''t give 2 hoots![/quote]I hope not. Nice touches but far too lightweight for this league.

At least he had some nice touches yesterday.

Johnson was "heavyweight" but did what with it? Did nothing to stop Villa and didn''t have any nice touches.

I think yesterday was a clear example that Hoolahan just isnt up to it and just flatters to decieve.

The goal was great and indeed he showed a number of equally nice turns and touches. However, on numerous other times he was so easily robbed of the ball and he was ineffectual  in trying to win it back.

I am not saying there is not a place for him in the squad (well there would be if he actually wanted to play for us!) but he is no longer worthy of a starting place in a premiership team. If we are on top and surging for a win with the need for a killer ball then yes but when the going got tough yesterday he just went missing (not that he was the only one!)

Hoolahan has been brilliant for us and I will always be glad to have had him as a player but what we need now is a better replacement (something we should of sorted out in the Summer)

Wes was my choice to replace Fer. Like I said last week the way I see our central midfielders is Fer/Wes, Howson/Johnson, Tettey/nobody.

The chance Wes missed to make it 2-2 was made purely through the brilliance the little man is capable of - he had no right to control the ball in those conditions, let alone to be able to bring it under control and move it away from a Villa defender all in one move.

Yesterday was showed Hoolahan at his absolute best at times, a definite starter against Stoke for me, with Howson and Tettey behind him.

Bethnal reading the little mans performance spot on imo, I was starting to think everyone else watched a different game to me. Best Norwich player and showed great commitment as well, couldn''t give a cr*p about his celebration or lack of and to say it had an affect on the games result is clutching massively at straws.

He started very well but faded as the game went on, but that''s hardly surprising given the general level of capitulation around him and his lack of match sharpness. We need all the help we can get to accumulate the points we need to survive, and Wes''s creativity is definitely an asset. We simply can''t afford to freeze out someone who brings a different dimension to our attacking play. Would people really rather Elmander took Wes''s pitch time?

I''m surprised the Wes haters haven''t picked the following up. If he had closed Vlaar down as you would expect any midfielder to do, Vlaar would not have time to pick out Benteke for his fantastic first. Wes sort of sauntered across in the general direction of Vlaar. He could easily have jogged over and rushed him a bit and the ball would have elsewhere.

So two key points in the game sum up the dilemma of playing Wes. In hindsight would rather he had closed Vlaar down than scored the opener for the impact it had on the game. Does that make me an inner?

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]He started very well but faded as the game went on, but that''s hardly surprising given the general level of capitulation around him and his lack of match sharpness. We need all the help we can get to accumulate the points we need to survive, and Wes''s creativity is definitely an asset. We simply can''t afford to freeze out someone who brings a different dimension to our attacking play. Would people really rather Elmander took Wes''s pitch time?[/quote]

Wes needs the right players around him.  With Fer out, Tettey struggled to make a similar impact to last week, as Wes does not play from deep or offer support to the defence like Fer does.    Even if Howson had been deemed fit enough to start, to accomodate Wes it would have meant leaving out Johnson, which would have been wrong after his performance last week.  

It may have been a good decision to play Wes, I don''t know. Maybe the manager had few alternatives with players injured,  but ultimately we had our old problem of having no outlet and no steel at the centre of the pitch, which is where we were so good last week. 

What the hell is wrong with so many people on this board?

While Wes'' comments were unsavoury, find me one person on here who hasn''t at one point cursed their employer while still under employment because they''re unhappy at the current situation.

Why just because it''s in football does it mean they have to be 100% sunshine and butterflies.

Stop hiding behind your computer and back the players we have who are seemingly still willing to try and keep us up.

Wes, showed he was happy with the goal before yes, muting the celebration. He''s never been a massive celebrator, many players choose not to celebrate too much... Look at Balloteli.

I don''t know,  but ultimately we had our old problem of having no outlet and no steel at the centre of the pitch,

This old problem must have been accidentally left out from one of your l@@K AT ME I CAN CLAP THE LOUDEST threads then I presume LDC? But I''m a nice guy so I put first three words up aswelL for you. Maybe you could adopt them for you signature

[quote user="CanaryOne"]I wouldnt have Wes within a mile of Carrow Road let alone the starting line up , called the club a 5hithouse and clearly still feels that way . Wanted to be playing for the opposition yesterday , probably only selected to point score in our childish spat with Villa .[/quote]
You really don''t know any of this for sure. Pointless to state things as though they are facts. I love Wes for the last 6 years, and CH''s lack of man management and inept ability to manage a squad, crap football, and generally uninspiring nature finds us under achieving, conceding goals, not scoring, and players wanting out. The man is a tool.

[quote user="ricardo"]I hope not. Nice touches but far too lightweight for this league.[/quote]
Many pundits, including Martin Keown on MOTD, and clearly Lambert and whoever is in charge of the Irish National team disagree with you. And they have far more knowledge of a good player at the top level than any of us. There is no one else like him in the squad, and yesterday I felt he played very well. People say he doesn''t tackle well - that is not his job!! He is behind the striker to make chances, defence splitting balls (like his one for the goal) and add support to the striker. He will lose it occasionally, as that is the nature of what he is trying to achieve. Complaining about his defensive side, is like complaining about Bassong not getting assists or scoring goals (in the right goal anyway).
I really do despair with some people on here.

wes can not play for us again he just gives the ball away too much, should have left when holt left , he has been awful for over two seasons now.

[quote user="skippdogg"]wes can not play for us again he just gives the ball away too much,  [/quote]

On the subject of that, Snodgrass is dispossessed more than any other player in the Premier League.

Wes, as usual was great for 20 minutes, looked top class and then as usual he disappeared.If he could only tell us which 20 minute spell in games he is going to play well for we could send him on at the allotted time in the game and then sub him off again.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"]I hope not. Nice touches but far too lightweight for this league.[/quote]
Many pundits, including Martin Keown on MOTD, and clearly Lambert and whoever is in charge of the Irish National team disagree with you. And they have far more knowledge of a good player at the top level than any of us. There is no one else like him in the squad, and yesterday I felt he played very well. People say he doesn''t tackle well - that is not his job!! He is behind the striker to make chances, defence splitting balls (like his one for the goal) and add support to the striker. He will lose it occasionally, as that is the nature of what he is trying to achieve. Complaining about his defensive side, is like complaining about Bassong not getting assists or scoring goals (in the right goal anyway).
[/quote]Sorry but I much prefer Leroy in that position. He can do everything Wes can do, plus he''s better on the defensive side. If Wes plays the rest of the season I think we will be relegated. That''s my opinion, take it or leave it.

[:)][:D][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"]I hope not. Nice touches but far too lightweight for this league.[/quote]

[/quote]Sorry but I much prefer Leroy in that position. He can do everything Wes can do, plus he''s better on the defensive side. If Wes plays the rest of the season I think we will be relegated. That''s my opinion, take it or leave it.[/quote]

Ok - so he offended you when he supposedly insulted the club but please tell me you''re joking!!! Relegated if Hoolahan plays ! Don''t you think you going overboard ? But guess he was a fault for all 4 Villa goals on Sunday right ?.  Can imagine you -if  you''re a Liverpool fan - "get rid of Suarez" - "the team will be no good with him in it" - cos of what he said to an opposing player last season.

You honestly have major problems !

[quote user="ricardo"]

Sorry but I much prefer Leroy in that position. He can do everything Wes can do, plus he''s better on the defensive side. If Wes plays the rest of the season I think we will be relegated. That''s my opinion, take it or leave it.

[/quote]
I''ll accept your opinion Ricardo, but I have to say that watching Fer, he losses possession in a different fashion to Wes. He receives the ball, and takes too much time on it, and subsequently gets tackled. I tried finding stats to see how many times on a percentage scale Fer losses the ball vs. Hoolahan but couldn''t find said stats. Fer has also given away a penalty or 2 this season, where Hoolahan hasn''t I believe. Surely this does not constitute as ''being more defensive''. At least when Wes is muscled off the ball or losses it he is usually trying to progress forward with it.
He made his goal on Sunday, and I believe him and Leroy are both on 1 assist for the season each. Not great when you consider who has played more....

Johnson shone against Spurs and very ordinary against Villa.

Wes has every right to be unhappy as with a number of our players who are not permitted to display their better talents. Have instead to conform to the manger with his negative all defensive zonal philosophy. Hence he wants out just as Grant Holt did and who can blame him. Sitting on the bench watching players with half his ability getting picked week after week. With supporters ever hopefully and at most times the entertainment level is zero. How long will it be before their patience runs out also,

[quote user="ashboy"]Johnson shone against Spurs and very ordinary against Villa.[/quote]

And what was the difference? Fer.  Against Spurs the middle of the team looked superb at closing down any holes that appeared - Fer Johnson and Tetty - and because they frustrated Spurs it led to us getting a few chances.   What happened against Villa was that there were too many gaps for them to exploit.   Gaps there because the midfield weren''t cohesive.   Wes played too far forward and we were more vulnerable as a result. Fer gets forward but gets back too. That is why he is so good - a box to box player, covering back but getting forward too.   Wes was picked and we looked good for a short while.  He is always imo going to be effective in short bursts - as he was against Spurs when he came on.  But for most of the match against Villa we were too stretched because the lack of cohesion in midfield, with no outlets.  

Nothing to do with comments made or the lack of celebration - football points only.shefcanary

wrote
- I''m surprised the Wes haters haven''t picked the following up. If he

had closed Vlaar down as you would expect any midfielder to do, Vlaar

would not have time to pick out Benteke for his fantastic first. Wes

sort of sauntered across in the general direction of Vlaar. He could

easily have jogged over and rushed him a bit and the ball would have

elsewhere.Very true. Wes put no pressure on the man with the ball allowing him time to pick his spot, which he did very well!

SeattleCanary wrote
- People say he doesn''t tackle well - that is not his job!! He is behind

the striker to make chances, defence splitting balls (like his one for

the goal) and add support to the striker. He will lose it occasionally,

as that is the nature of what he is trying to achieve. Complaining about

his defensive side, is like complaining about Bassong not getting

assists or scoring goals (in the right goal anyway).Tackling is everyone''s job! (see above). The defence splitting pass was the cut back from Hooper who had made a run to the goal line and showed once more that that is the most dangerous ball in football. It has been the lack of players getting to the goal line, because of the inverted wingers, that has caused most of our problems. And yes, Bassong should be scoring goals, after all he gets forward for all set pieces so why should we not expect a few from him?

Phil and Ted

wrote
- Wes, as usual was great for 20 minutes, looked top class and then as usual he disappeared.If

he could only tell us which 20 minute spell in games he is going to

play well for we could send him on at the allotted time in the game and

then sub him off again.Very true - Wes can be very creative but for too long in matches, especially when we are under pressure, he contributes very little.

SeattleCanary

wrote
-
I''ll accept your opinion Ricardo, but I have to say that watching

Fer, he losses possession in a different fashion to Wes. He receives the

ball, and takes too much time on it, and subsequently gets tackled. I

tried finding stats to see how many times on a percentage scale Fer

losses the ball vs. Hoolahan but couldn''t find said stats. Fer has also

given away a penalty or 2 this season, where Hoolahan hasn''t I believe.

Surely this does not constitute as ''being more defensive''. At least when

Wes is muscled off the ball or losses it he is usually trying to

progress forward with it.
He made his goal on

Sunday, and I believe him and Leroy are both on 1 assist for the season

each. Not great when you consider who has played more....It must be realised that Fer loses possession because he is usually looking to play an attacking ball through the opposition defence but, because of the inverted wingers, there is very little space for him to either make a telling pass of, in fact, make a run at that defence. His, and the other midfielder''s, options are seriously limited which is a reason why we have scored so few goals from midfield this season. Unfortunately Fer has given away two penalties, but this has much to do with the fact that he was there covering his defence. Wes, I would suggest, would be about the last player to give away a penaly simply because he is never (or rarely) in his own penalty area! Much od Wes'' goal on Sunday came about by Hooper wanting to hit the goal line. That attack meant that we would have had either Wes, the scorer, or Redmond, some 12 yards out and coming on to the ball, with a chance on goal, something that has happened too few times this season.Wes and the rest of the players are restricted with their creativity because of the system employed by the manager. However, for the central position behind the striker, Wes, although he has served us well in the past, is now well behind Fer, Howson and possibly even Snodgrass (anywhere for him except the right wing) for that position.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

The defence splitting pass was the cut back from Hooper who had made a run to the goal line and showed once more that that is the most dangerous ball in football.[/quote]
It was Wes'' movement, and pass to Hooper to make the run that split the defence. Such is his vision that few else in the squad possess.
[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Unfortunately Fer has given away two penalties, but this has much to do with the fact that he was there covering his defence.[/quote] 
This is not his job. It is Tettey or whoever the DM is, and is probably a key indicator at why he should NOT be in the box making those tackles. He is not an adept defensive player, and we were punished because of it. Also it leaves us with little support for the striker pushing back up the field, and explains why we are so slow at counter-attacking. There are 7 other players that should be doing this job. We should be keeping the striker, AM, and wide players in advanced roles ready to counter.
[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Wes, I would suggest, would be about the last player to give away a penaly simply because he is never (or rarely) in his own penalty area! Much od Wes'' goal on Sunday came about by Hooper wanting to hit the goal line.[/quote] 
Again. He is an attacking player, and at 5 foot is unlikely to be a tackling force against strong CF''s. That is why you have big defenders and defensive mid''s. Yes. But who provided Hooper the opportunity to make that run, and gain the space and advantage on the defence? - Hoolahan.
[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Wes and the rest of the players are restricted with their creativity because of the system employed by the manager. However, for the central position behind the striker, Wes, although he has served us well in the past, is now well behind Fer, Howson and possibly even Snodgrass (anywhere for him except the right wing) for that position.
[/quote]
You cannot suggest Snoddy, as he was tried there in pre season, and did a pretty shoddy job. This has been discussed before. I think Fer has been of colour for a number of weeks, and needed a rest anyway before he got injured.

We need players with fight that want to play for us the rest of the season. Not sure Wes is up for it. Only those that see him in training and around the ground will know.