Sign in to follow this  
Darth Catbeard The Old

We've all seen it before

But a confident RVW getting fed through balls regularly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPfAiYOMCt8

I know even Maric looked good on youtube but that awesome movement, finishing, composure and technique doesn''t occur by accident, not does it disappear overnight...

Imagine how different our season could have been if he settled in quicker and we built the team around him to play to his strengths!

The next managers no.1 priority should be getting this guy playing to his potential and we''d be laughing!

Just thought I''d post this to remind everyone what Ricky can do and why we shouldn''t be writing him off yet or declaring him a flop!

Where oh where is this clinical RVW hiding?!

His first touch has been apauling this season yet probably two thirds of his goals where scored with his first touch alone!

He certainly has the talent.

Can''t wait to see him under a different manager. Don''t blame any striker for their performances under Hughton since we''ve fielded about 9 and every one has looked poor. Constants and variables.

RVW has excellent technique, there is no doubt.   But - most of the goals scored on that clip, he had plenty of time and space combined with good crosses.  The poor crossing we have shown and the tighter marking in the premiership have made it doubly hard for him to get going - plus his injury layoff.  I don''t blame Hughton entirely - Redmond and Snodgrass and Pilks have to make better and earlier crosses and through balls. 

He will score goals, but next season will be a better time to judge him.  I still don''t think the mix of players we have been able to put out this season due to injuries has been helpful to him or Hooper.   You can''t blame tactics imo because when our tactics work as they should, we look effective going forward, except for the finish atm. At our best we create chances and sooner or later they will start going in, so it is a matter of being patient with him, offering encouragement at matches - as at the Spurs match - and he will score.

What if he took that penalty vs villa at home instead of snodgrass, could of been a lot different? Write this season off for the wolf for a season to settle and get used to the prem ;)