Sign in to follow this  
BarclayWazza

A request between now and the end of the season

If we have to have any "told you so" posts can we please recognise that the sentiment behind these is against certain posters who blow their version of the in/out trumpet too loudly and obnoxiously. No-one here would prefer to be proven right about relegation over staying up, to suggest so is ridiculous and unhelpful.

We''ve had posts in the last 2 weeks having a go at the people "coming out of the woodwork" after being quiet after the Spurs win and being accused of being happy they can say told you so. We have even had threads where the poster has turned concerns of "hang on, we''ve been here before, lets not get too carried away" after the Spurs game into not being happy unless we lose. Frankly that''s a bit embarrassing.

Oh and a little tiny extra one - I don''t know what the posters who seem to sit on here and spew vile nonsense all day contribute to the real world outside this place but with the volume of posts involved, as well as not making a worthwhile contribution to this board, it would appear you aren''t making a worthwhile contribution to life either. Please find a way of rectifying this.

Yours in hope

Disallusioned with this board, Norwich

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]Oh and a little tiny extra one - I don''t know

what the posters who seem to sit on here and spew vile nonsense all day

contribute to the real world outside this place but with the volume of posts

involved, as well as not making a worthwhile contribution to this board, it

would appear you aren''t making a worthwhile contribution to life either. Please

find a way of rectifying this. Yours in hope Disallusioned with this board,

Norwich[/quote]

Perhaps you could name names in this pathetic rant Wazza. And then list

your contribution to life so that they can measure themselves against it..

My apologies, I just hate the direction this board is going at the moment. We all have our views but these are all borne out of our love for the club. Some of the stuff I''ve read on here recently beggars belief. While I''m an outer myself and I don''t agree with the views of inners, I respect that people holding the inner view believe that''s what is right for the club.

I don''t actually follow who is in which camp be they an inner or an outer and if you asked me to name who I''m referring to I''d have to recheck threads. As far as I''m concerned, I don''t really care about the personalisation of it, I don''t know you personally so for me to know who "Nutty Nigel" is seems a bit pointless. What I do care about is that some seem to think it''s ok for people whose only crime is to seemingly share my outer view to have abuse hurled at them. Again, my apologies for the strong wording of the part at the end, I just don''t understand the mentality of someone who would occupy their day on an internet forum routinely dishing out abuse! Especially when we''re supposed to support the same team.

That''s fair enough Wazza. I wondered because I''ve met a lot of the posters in person and the ones I''ve met achieved plenty in their lives and I''m more than happy to count them as friends. They can also have views that are poles apart and yet drink happily together after matches.

But what I don''t understand is where you''ve come across these posters who occupy their day dishing out abuse. I have had the odd poster name me in a thread title when the team lose. And also get abusive toward me at times. But surely that reflects worse on them than it does me. Especially being as I''ve had that same thing happen over issues they had with me about Worthy and Delia. Water off a ducks back buddy.

But seriously I don''t know anyone who spends all day doing it so you''re going to have to spill the beans cuz I missed it.

I think thats what scares me, I might actually know some of the people on here without realising!! Scary times. Tomorrow I will do some digging for examples. I do remember someone having a go at someone with an American username, might have been Houston but I think there are a couple more, said foreigners shouldn''t be allowed on this board or something like that!

"in" or "out" we all want the best for our club (well I hope everyone does) that''s what influences my responses.

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]I think thats what scares me, I might actually know some of the people on here without realising!! Scary times. Tomorrow I will do some digging for examples. I do remember someone having a go at someone with an American username, might have been Houston but I think there are a couple more, said foreigners shouldn''t be allowed on this board or something like that![/quote]
Morty. Normally begins the mud-slinging matches too. Think he has mother or abandonment issues.

Honestly can''t work out if we''ve always been like this or is it an online thing? Don''t recall divisions getting as harsh as they can on here sometimes - but maybe it just turns up the volume or allows us to be more honest with our feelings, hope it''s not because our standards are lower. With or without online one thing''s for sure there''s plenty of worse supporters of other clubs out there (clubs often get the support they deserve) and it does allow some of us far flung old farts to reconnect in a way which was not possible before so, selfishly, I hope it never gets completely out of control. OTBC

A brief observation on this topic, BarclayWazza. I too have seen the trait you refer to emerging, but, as people like Nige, Morty, and co have been mentioned, I''m afraid that you will just have to get used to the idea that you are banging your head against a brick wall with them. The very reasonable title of the thread includes a "request". But what you have to realise is that these guys do not do requests. They do not respect other peoples'' opinions for what they are, so narrow and tunnel -like is their agenda. They trot out the rather tedious mantra that others are twisting their words, lying and making stuff up, when in reality it''s they who are doing the self-same thing (as you point out in your OP).The  one positive in this is that many of us have them worked out. Clocked them, if you like. So, unfortunately, you will not, any time soon, be seeing a reduction in the threads started/posts deliberately to wind folk up. They are serial offenders, and they are not the only ones, sadly.As a final point. There is , of course one sure-fire way that a great deal of strife could be avoided here. ie If our manager actually produced a team that scored goals and won a few football matches. Preferably back to back ones. Just an idea......

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]So then Nutty, may I ask if you know Morty and is he this pleasant in real life?

I don''t think I''ve seen a post from him that discusses football like 2 lads would down the pub. Every post seems to have some kind of loaded comment within it against someone or outers in general.

Having read threads in a bit more detail than usual this morning, I''m not sure Hughton is the primary cause for the division between fans at the moment! Morty Out!!![/quote]
So, hang on, that little pack of idiots start having swipes at me on the previous page, and that is MY fault?
Really?

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]A great OP. I was wondering if the author feels the situation would be rectified by the return of the Messiah![/quote]

Personally I wouldn''t want him back but thats an aside. In reality, I don''t think anything can change it. It would appear some characters have shown their colours to a point where certainly I wouldn''t want to waste my breath (motor skills) on them. Others will be inclined to challenge them so flashpoints will occur.

Only 2 things can change the number of incidences and they would be Hughton going and Hughton suddenly turning into a decent manager. Even then there would be the told you so posts.

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]So then Nutty, may I ask if you know Morty and is he this pleasant in real life?

I don''t think I''ve seen a post from him that discusses football like 2 lads would down the pub. Every post seems to have some kind of loaded comment within it against someone or outers in general.

Having read threads in a bit more detail than usual this morning, I''m not sure Hughton is the primary cause for the division between fans at the moment! Morty Out!!![/quote]

Wazza, as it happens I do know Morty and he''s as pleasant as all the others I''ve met. I know some of what he''s achieved in his life too. So you list your achievements here and I''ll tell you if he measures up.

Now I don''t want this to be the start of a petty squabble but from my point of view your post is by far the most unpleasant on this thread. It then gave licence to Reggie to come in with his pathetic agenda. However I comfort myself in the knowledge that unless you truly are a t0sser your posts don''t reflect your true life persona and you probably are a mighty fine chap who''s achieved plenty in his life rather than the nomark you come across as on this thread.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BarclayWazza"]So then Nutty, may I ask if you know Morty and is he this pleasant in real life?

So, hang on, that little pack of idiots start having swipes at me on the previous page, and that is MY fault?
Really?
[/quote]

Just calling it as I see it. I was asked to name names last night as at the time I had to admit I hadn''t paid attention to who was posting what. Having read a bit closer this morning, I haven''t seen one post from you pleasantly discussing football. I have to admit I havent read all c.20,000 of your posts and to be fair I may have missed some of the context but the gripes I had in the OP (I think the thread I was referring to has since been deleted but I think you were the author of the OP) seem to be alive and well in a large amount of your contributions. One I read this morning was in a thread showing concern about the harmony of the squad. Most of your posts in that thread are either attacking someone''s opinions (there''s a difference between that and reasoned debate) or trying to turn it in to a Hughton In/Out argument.

The fact you use the few words you have written here to describe some posters as bellends and group of idiots speaks volumes.

[quote user="BarclayWazza"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BarclayWazza"]So then Nutty, may I ask if you know Morty and is he this pleasant in real life?

Really?
[/quote]

Just calling it as I see it. I was asked to name names last night as at the time I had to admit I hadn''t paid attention to who was posting what. Having read a bit closer this morning, I haven''t seen one post from you pleasantly discussing football. I have to admit I havent read all c.20,000 of your posts and to be fair I may have missed some of the context but the gripes I had in the OP (I think the thread I was referring to has since been deleted but I think you were the author of the OP) seem to be alive and well in a large amount of your contributions. One I read this morning was in a thread showing concern about the harmony of the squad. Most of your posts in that thread are either attacking someone''s opinions (there''s a difference between that and reasoned debate) or trying to turn it in to a Hughton In/Out argument.

The fact you use the few words you have written here to describe some posters as bellends and group of idiots speaks volumes.[/quote]
Hadnt paid much attention.
Right[Y]

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]

The fact you use the few words you have written here to describe some posters as bellends and group of idiots speaks volumes.[/quote]Unfortunately this is normal service for Nige and Morty, BW. Anyone who has a view outside their narrow agenda, and the playground insults follow like day follows night.Anyway, onto more important matters. TBH I do not give much attention to the vexed question as to whether The Messiah should return to Carrow Rd. Because it aint going to happen. Simple as.  Not now, and almost certainly not in the future. The usual ''little old Norwich''/easily satisfied merchants whine on about how no-one else would want to come here, and other negative stuff, but make no mistake about it, there are plenty of good quality managers who''d give their right arm to manage our great club when Hughton is finally shown the door.

You will notice that my OP was very generic in context, and that was deliberate. I don''t know which posters are HI or HO as although I often read this board to get opinions I don''t really see the point in knowing who is posting - as I said before, unless I knew you IRL the only purpose I think it serves is to create some kind of virtual soap opera. It probably also allows me to post without preconceptions about the other people on the thread. Thats the way I use this, others are different, it''s up to them.

Third apology for the contribution to life comment, as I said I''d become disallusioned after reading some contributions last night!!

Morty''s reply here seems to look to deflect the points made in the previous post - is this a standard tactic?

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]

Morty''s reply here seems to look to deflect the points made in the previous post - is this a standard tactic?[/quote]Yep. Sure is. Quite mild, by his standards, actually.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="BarclayWazza"]

The fact you use the few words you have written here to describe some posters as bellends and group of idiots speaks volumes.[/quote]Unfortunately this is normal service for Nige and Morty, BW. Anyone who has a view outside their narrow agenda, and the playground insults follow like day follows night.Anyway, onto more important matters. TBH I do not give much attention to the vexed question as to whether The Messiah should return to Carrow Rd. Because it aint going to happen. Simple as.  Not now, and almost certainly not in the future. The usual ''little old Norwich''/easily satisfied merchants whine on about how no-one else would want to come here, and other negative stuff, but make no mistake about it, there are plenty of good quality managers who''d give their right arm to manage our great club when Hughton is finally shown the door.[/quote]

See this is the sort of thing Wazza. "Calling people bellends is normal service for Nige". Have you seen that? You could ask Reggie to link to it. Or you could make your own mind up by what you read on here.

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]You will notice that my OP was very generic in context, and that was deliberate. I don''t know which posters are HI or HO as although I often read this board to get opinions I don''t really see the point in knowing who is posting - as I said before, unless I knew you IRL the only purpose I think it serves is to create some kind of virtual soap opera. It probably also allows me to post without preconceptions about the other people on the thread. Thats the way I use this, others are different, it''s up to them.

Third apology for the contribution to life comment, as I said I''d become disallusioned after reading some contributions last night!!

Morty''s reply here seems to look to deflect the points made in the previous post - is this a standard tactic?[/quote]

It''s entirely up to you how you use the board Wazza. You don''t have to post to please anyone else. But if you want to come on here and start a thread criticising individual posters then I suggest that you''re not being quite truthful about how you say you use this community.

I personally can''t see why this community isn''t part of real life. Treating it differently means you don''t have to take responsibility for what you write. meaning you could make stuff up to support a view that''s crumbling. Isn''t that right Reggie...

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="BarclayWazza"]

Morty''s reply here seems to look to deflect the points made in the previous post - is this a standard tactic?[/quote]Yep. Sure is. Quite mild, by his standards, actually.[/quote]
You truly are a pathetically whiney individual.

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]You will notice that my OP was very generic in context, and that was deliberate. I don''t know which posters are HI or HO as although I often read this board to get opinions I don''t really see the point in knowing who is posting - as I said before, unless I knew you IRL the only purpose I think it serves is to create some kind of virtual soap opera. It probably also allows me to post without preconceptions about the other people on the thread. Thats the way I use this, others are different, it''s up to them.

Morty''s reply here seems to look to deflect the points made in the previous post - is this a standard tactic?[/quote]
Your hypocrisy is staggering fella.

[quote user="NodgeFan"]Morty is an insufferable know-it-all[/quote]
Yay, another one.
[:)]

If a truce cannot be agreed, then try to ignore any postings which do not agree with your own view. In abusing others you merely perpetuate the acrimonious debate.

On whatever side you sit or stand, the only way to prevent escalation is to avoid name-calling, and to accept that others may have a different view of the risks of our position in the Premiership.

A real debate is to try to answer factual points, and neither side seems to have many of these, and not merely crowing because a recent result has given a little more support to your own point of view.

Let''s all agree that no-one can predict the future. I suspect that it is because of this that each side grasps at straws and employs slurs on others. Let''s all agree that we all want the best for the club we love. Above all, let''s try to support the team as fully as we can, whatever happens on the field.