Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

"it’s a striker’s dream when you have someone like Wes behind you,”

and the teams nightmare when he is front of you, slowly build up a good attack wes gives the ball away and evereyone rushes back.

At least these Wes threads make a refreshing change from the Hughton hate mail..........Both the OP subject and skippdogg''s reply statement could apply, and that''s why he isnt a regular for us right now....although both statements are over the top.......was it O''Neill''s statement? ...if so, not surprised, besty mate with PL so would love to help add a little gloss to the situation to wind Norwich City...........warning: this is not a serious statement

Oh, I think this Wes stuff should be called "Wes Gate"......I get the feeling it''s going to be with us for some time........

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Oh, I think this Wes stuff should be called "Wes Gate"......I get the feeling it''s going to be with us for some time........[/quote]Nah, I doubt we''ll hear of it again after this summer.

It was a Shane Long quote.

Wes set up his goal last night.

I wonder whether Hooper feels the same.

That may be the case but as a professional footballer you have to have the complete package which includes a being ''professional'' and not throwing your toys out of the pram both on and off the pitch if you don''t get the move you want.

I used to think Hoolahan hadn''t played at a higher level because he was so one footed, it probably has a lot to do with his attitude.

Paul Lambert would let players get away with it because he felt like he could control them, Chris Hughton will not stand for this kind of behaviour.

You manage players in a way that gets the best out of them, they all have ego''s likes and dislikes, its what management is all about, finding the right buttons to press to get the best out of players.

Yeah I get that, Lambert would do this and get the best out of players...

Hughton strikes me as someone who just plain won''t stand for it and will freeze players out of the team if they, for want of a better word ''misbehave''

I didnt see the match but its been a Wes love-in on the radio over here today...... ''trapatoni must be blind'', ''where has Wes been the last ten years'' , ''shame he''s only got a couple of seasons left'' etcetc.

Been telling them over here, mainly pool and manu, for years how good he is, they just laughed and said i was biased cos he''s a city player.

oh ye of little faith.

I don''t think there is any question as to Hoolahan''s ability as a footballer....

but I think we have seen the real reason why he hasn''t reached his full potential in the last few months....

[quote user="Yobocop"]I don''t think there is any question as to Hoolahan''s ability as a footballer....

but I think we have seen the real reason why he hasn''t reached his full potential in the last few months....[/quote]Didn''t Lambert also sit him on the naughty step for a while too?

I rest my case Morty....Hoolahan clearly is not all there in terms of his attitude...

It''s a shame as he could''ve been a cracking player....

Now CH has spoken with Wes I now support him 100% and want him as a starter in the team for every match until the end of the season..........But, seriously......just to say, that despite anyone''s view on the Wes situation (and agree Morty, thinking about it,it wont go on long enough to be "Wes Gate"), as Yobocop says... there is no question over his general ability as a footballer, absolutely not.