Sign in to follow this  
WesHoolahansDefendant

I really hope

[quote user="RenegadeSnare"]Wes features heavily in the remaining fixtures and is fundamental in our survival.

If Manchester United can forgive Rooney, Liverpool can forgive Suarez.... come on lads... Life isn''t always lemons[/quote]Regardless of what has happened in the last few months, one good game in three is the reason he hasn''t featured much this season.Hughton will use him if he has to, but his attitude has to be right.

Yes that would be nice. But what I wish most is a goal each and return to form for Hooper and RVW. Sentimental wishes for Wes but those two strikers are the future (we hope)!

[quote user="RenegadeSnare"]"one good game in three"... Couldn''t that be said for many of our players this season, perhaps with an even worse ratio!?!?[/quote]Probably.But every time you play Wes its a gamble, and frankly its not the time in the season to be gambling.I hope he is professional and plays for the team, but I have doubts as to how much his heart is in it frankly.

Agreed, im not sure his heart will be up for a tense relegation battle, i hoped we may have seen Wes speak up this week and maybe explain his lack of celebration Sunday and that while he is here that he is 100% up for the cause.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Agreed, im not sure his heart will be up for a tense relegation battle, i hoped we may have seen Wes speak up this week and maybe explain his lack of celebration Sunday and that while he is here that he is 100% up for the cause.[/quote]Indeed.A quick word with a local journo could have cleared all this up.

If Fer''s out, I''d be very surprised if he doesn''t get more game time, even if it''s just coming off the bench more often. You''d imagine Hughton''s favoured starting midfield will probably be Tettey, BJ and Howson.

But if the game isn''t going well, or if we''re feeling particularly adventurous from the start, maybe Tettey and Howson/BJ holding with Hoolahan in front.

[quote user="Aggy"]If Fer''s out, I''d be very surprised if he doesn''t get more game time, even if it''s just coming off the bench more often. You''d imagine Hughton''s favoured starting midfield will probably be Tettey, BJ and Howson.

But if the game isn''t going well, or if we''re feeling particularly adventurous from the start, maybe Tettey and Howson/BJ holding with Hoolahan in front.[/quote]I agree with that.Leaves a sour taste when a player is just obviously playing with his own interests at heart.But hey ho, whatever keeps us up.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="RenegadeSnare"]Wes features heavily in the remaining fixtures and is fundamental in our survival.

If Manchester United can forgive Rooney, Liverpool can forgive Suarez.... come on lads... Life isn''t always lemons[/quote]Regardless of what has happened in the last few months, one good game in three is the reason he hasn''t featured much this season.Hughton will use him if he has to, but his attitude has to be right.[/quote]

In the last 3 league games that Wes has started, he has been our best player in 2 of them.

Against Man United everything that was good went through him and against villa.

Palace he was alright, not great.

Still key to us.

People said we wouldn''t miss him or he wouldn''t be up for a relegation scrap when we went down under Roeder......

Arguably his injury cost us in the run in.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="RenegadeSnare"]Wes features heavily in the remaining fixtures and is fundamental in our survival.

If Manchester United can forgive Rooney, Liverpool can forgive Suarez.... come on lads... Life isn''t always lemons[/quote]Regardless of what has happened in the last few months, one good game in three is the reason he hasn''t featured much this season.Hughton will use him if he has to, but his attitude has to be right.[/quote]

In the last 3 league games that Wes has started, he has been our best player in 2 of them.

Still key to us.

People said we wouldn''t miss him or he wouldn''t be up for a relegation scrap when we went down under Roeder......

Arguably his injury cost us in the run in.[/quote]

Please refrain from talking common sense with Morty about!

[quote user="WesHoolahan''sDefendant"]Its a shame how it''s all come about but we have 5/6 games coming up now where Wes could be a big influence, if his head is in the right frame.

This is a risk. I really hope he''s supported on Saturday as opposed to getting abuse. I think he''ll be fired up to do well.

He was excellent against Man U then just vanished, perhaps he should have blabbed to the media like Becchio did, would have guaranteed him a start. Shocking management.

I will be very suprised if he gets abuse on Saturday, fortunately the majority of the crowd will be behind the players unlike those on here who have such a downer on him.

I would be more happy if he left the club tbh, too many bridges burned imo.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="RenegadeSnare"]Wes features heavily in the remaining fixtures and is fundamental in our survival.

Still key to us.

Arguably his injury cost us in the run in.[/quote]

Please refrain from talking common sense with Morty about![/quote]Bless[:)]

My thoughts are just about the same as Morty''s when it comes to Wes.......and I actually think the club are not understanding the situation fully and should have demanded an apology or explanation statement from Wes.........I am often not particularly impressed with the way they handle external PR. 

It is all part of the tough stance the club now operates and has done since McNally took over...

It wasn''t a problem during our more successful years but as always seems to happen has only become an issue when the club has got more ''stale?''