Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Stokes away form

Whilst we are in shocking form over the last 10 games home and away, it''s interesting to note that Stoke from their last 8 away games have 2 points! We need to take the game to them

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Whilst we are in shocking form over the last 10 games home and away, it''s interesting to note that Stoke from their last 8 away games have 2 points! We need to take the game to them[/quote]I take your point, but I wouldn''t consider our home form "shocking"

This thread made me check our recent home form in case I''d been imagining it !

Since losing 1-0 to Man U at the end of December, we''ve had 5 league and cup games at home, conceding 1 goal, winning 2 and drawing 3.  We haven''t conceded a goal at home in the league this year, including 3 high-scoring teams.

Unfortunately the worry is mainly that this run could come to an end.  If you go by the form book it looks like a home win, possibly a draw, very unlikely to be an away win.  Or, as they say, that''s how it looks on paper....

Then thing is, we were looking comfortable at Villa after 25 mins and then wham........and this is the story for all the bottom half sides, so inconsistent and a roller coaster season. So, whilst i am confident, very confident we will win.......anything is possible and Stoke are no mugs.

Oh no, this threads just put the ki-bosh on tomorrows result I fear.[:S]

I just think neither team look good enough to win tbh. We''re both without our most influential midfielders, both don''t score enough and are both down there. I think it will be a narrow win either way due to an error. I don''t know if it will be us asserting our home advantage or Stoke with high, ugly balls bombarding our box but it will be tense, rather like the West Ham game was.