Sign in to follow this  
ADY SLAPHEAD

NO NOISE FROM THE BARCLEY BOYZ

WHY WERE THE BARCLEY BOYZ SO QUITE ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT?BUT WELL DONE AFTER WE SCORED!!!!!!

WELL DONE TO THE SNAKE PIT FOR KEEPING THE SINGING GOING

Firstly, learn to spell barclay properly. Secondly, I enjoy the banter between the stands but as arguably we (block E) are the noisiest part of the barclay, we''re so far away from the snakepit so we can''t hear you and you can''t hear us. We kept delia''s barmy army... youseff safri going for about 20 mins in the second half.

At Highbury, the Barclay were proved to be the loudest when ''we''re the barcaly... we''re the snakepit, over here,'' was sang at 4-1 down.

The first half we were a little too quite, but as soon as the second half started we were singing loads!!

I want to know why all the stands don''t join in??

There''s a few who sing in the South stand, obviously us and the snake pit, but if everyone joined in every week then the place could become a real intimidating fortress!!

We''re the barclay, we''re the barclay, we''re the barcaly over here.

People have different perceptions of what being a football supporter means which is fair enough, not everyone feels comfartbale with/ enjoys singing at games.

Having said this when the chants are simple and easily accesible, everyone seems to enjoy themselves. At palace, the whole ground were demanding that **** to dive and against ManUre the ground was rocking with the ''Easy Easy'' chant. This may be because it is hard to work out what the barclay and snakepit are singing, if it is very wordy.

My friend had a spare ticket in the new infill for the Newcastle match so I sold my Barclay Lower season ticket back to the club for the night to see what it was like over there.

Obviously the view of the goals was much better (just how many goals have been scored at that end this season?!) but the atmosphere didn''t really get going until the Snake Pit and Barclay end started singing really loudly.

I guess the way to get everyone in the ground involved is to sing loudly from the start in the Snake Pit and Barclay end!

[quote]We''re the barclay, we''re the barclay, we''re the barcaly over here. People have different perceptions of what being a football supporter means which is fair enough, not everyone feels comfartbale with...[/quote]

Someone should just make a website full of up to date Norwich chants then poeple would know what is being said in each chant!!

[quote]SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.................................AAAARGHHHH[/quote]

NOT SHHHHHH, SING UP AND LET US KNOW YOUR THERE. WE NEED TO SING TOGETHER.WITH SOME DECENT SONGS.

[quote]Someone should just make a website full of up to date Norwich chants then poeple would know what is being said in each chant!![/quote]

DEANO DEANO , IS THE ONLY SONG WE NEED TO BE SINGING WHEN HE SCORES ON SATURDAY..........

[quote]The first half we were a little too quite, but as soon as the second half started we were singing loads!! I want to know why all the stands don''t join in?? There''s a few who sing in the South stand,...[/quote]

We sing and we r in the norwich ''n'' peterbough stand. the lower bit in the family section! xxx

[quote]We sing and we r in the norwich ''n'' peterbough stand. the lower bit in the family section! xxx[/quote]

Well you''d better sing up coz I can''t here you!! C''mon where are you????

[quote]Well you''d better sing up coz I can''t here you!! C''mon where are you????[/quote]

U probably cant hear us ''cos there aint many of us singing. If u sit in the barclay end then from your view i sit in the lower stand to the far left. kinda near the new bit that just opened. xxx

this is a first, the snake pit started "on the ball city" today!!!!

Perhaps Delia should get a loud hailer and start singing we''re the Main Stand, we''re the Main Stand, we''re the Main Stand over here.

If we had a loud enough pocket of supporters in the other parts of the ground such as South Stand, Infill, River End and Main Stand then we could have a chanting version of the mexican wave starting off with the Snake Pit.

Maybe a member of the web team with influence at the club could suggest this to the pre match entertainments manager and we could have a practice just before kick off along with the traditional ''kick it off''.

It was nice to see the entire ground (with the exception of the upper tier of the River End of course - which I''m not even sure is classified as part of the ground anyway) joining in with ''otbc'' and ''easy easy easy'' after Matt scored this afternoon.

Also nice to see the Snakepit outsing the Barclay yet again ... shall we sing a song for you?

I sit in the Riverend lower tier, so its a good place to judge whos loudest.  I thought that Wednesday was a one off, but today was the same, so the loudest are.  Snakepit by miles, are you there D & E blocks?  A & B are outsinging you at the moment too.  Fantastic support from the Jarrold and the new infill THEY ARE LOUD.  I admit that we are very poor in the lower tier, even the cheeseboard boys are quiet now, but we never sung much anyway.  What excuse have the Barclay got?  Lets be avin you, come on, you''re not singing anymore!

The snakepit seems to be the loudest in the first half of games, + we, the barclay are louder in the second halfs. Could this be because the old boys in the snakepit get worn out or has anyone got any better suggestions?

Its always the snakepit giving the barclay abuse, as in the barclay we have the away fans to abuse so don''t have time to involve ourselves in what sometimes seems to be a civil war. Lest join forces and just get behind the greatest football team anyone could ever support.

[quote]I sit in the Riverend lower tier, so its a good place to judge whos loudest. I thought that Wednesday was a one off, but today was the same, so the loudest are. Snakepit by miles, are you there D &a...[/quote]

Yeah i agree the new infill is VERY loud! They stated OTBC today but i think the barclay stand might have been singing something else!

We all heard the "Otbc" chant started by the infill in the Snakepit. We tried to join in but ended up starting the song from the start despite the fact that you guys were half way through.

[quote]Well you''d better sing up coz I can''t here you!! C''mon where are you????[/quote]

Good on ya,but a few more of ya needed to be heard.Dont worry about the moaning old gits, Sir Nigel Worthington said "the team needs you" and Delia said"LETS BE AVIN YOU". So stuff em........

[quote]You shaaaaaattttt aaaappppppppppp!!!! As a barclay boy there is nowhere better to sit in FCR. We''re the barclay, we''re the barclay, we''re the barclay over here![/quote]

NO better place to sit if you want a relaxing quite afternoon in the sun.lol.

[quote]We all heard the "Otbc" chant started by the infill in the Snakepit. We tried to join in but ended up starting the song from the start despite the fact that you guys were half way through.[/quote]

A "BIG" Well done to everyone on Saturday you were on top form,outsung the visitors on every occasion. No need for delia this week! NEXT HOME GAME " LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE".snakepit still won again,not bad for the oldies eh!

I agree it is very difficult to know which is the loudest area while in the ground and think that Freddie H is probably best placed to pass judgement.

I sit in block A lower barclay which tends to join in with the snake pit chants because D & E are further away.  They do sound quiet in comparison as do ALL away fans.  But I have sat with away fans at FCR in the past and have thought that the whole ground was quiet.

Accoustics plays a big part and both the dragons den and snake pit have the benefit of a close roof to ''magnify'' the sound.

However sat was excellent with the river end and infill clearly rocking and the support for the team pretty constant and drawing significant praise from the 5-live presenters on sat afternoon for supporting the team with patience rather than getting at teh side after no goal after an hour.

Well sung - more now needed though!

OTBC

[quote]Someone should just make a website full of up to date Norwich chants then poeple would know what is being said in each chant!![/quote]

Thats a great idea. I wish someone would do that or does anyone know if there is one??

I sit in the jarrold stand and sing to most of the songs even if i''m often the only one in my proximity, but there are some chants that i can''t understand the words to. That might be the case with other supporters in these areas of the stadium.